PDA

View Full Version : If true this really has me worried about the Cowboys.

Phil C
01-07-2008, 11:30 AM
:(

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22522213/

Phil C
01-07-2008, 11:32 AM
I don't know if it is true but I don't know of any other successful qb that have ever done this at this critical time. Maybe it will work. I can't picture Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Troy, Roger, Terry, or Bart Starr ever doing it. Joe Namath was a big swinger but even he stayed focus during big playoff game week.

Macarthur
01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Wilbon is a skins homer and a jackass.

I wish he hadn't done it, but it's really a non-issue. What he did is not unusual. Aikman had many escipades. I can bet that at least half of the Cowboys players went on a trip somewhere on their days off, and I bet almost all of them either went with a woman or to meet a woman.

RMAC
01-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Wilbon is a skins homer and a jackass.

I wish he hadn't done it, but it's really a non-issue. What he did is not unusual. Aikman had many escipades. I can bet that at least half of the Cowboys players went on a trip somewhere on their days off, and I bet almost all of them either went with a woman or to meet a woman.

x2.

Adidas410s
01-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I don't know if it is true but I don't know of any other successful qb that have ever done this at this critical time. Maybe it will work. I can't picture Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Troy, Roger, Terry, or Bart Starr ever doing it. Joe Namath was a big swinger but even he stayed focus during big playoff game week.
I believe that Namath was out partying in Miami with Racquel Welch the night before Super Bowl 3.

LH Panther Mom
01-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Who cares? Seriously....if it were just "some girl" instead of Jessica Simpson, the media wouldn't even report it.

coachc45
01-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Coaches get paid to worry.... players get paid to play. There was no game this sunday for the cowboys so who cares if he was in cancun. When he is at work and he is focused on Jessica Simpson.... then I have a problem. Days off are exactly what they are.... days off!

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Kind of funny how Wilbon did not mention Witten was in Mexico as well

This is a typical situation of a writer finding an angle and using it without regards to the context of the situation. They had a couple of days off so who really cares what they did with it

waterboy
01-07-2008, 01:02 PM
It doesn't worry me any that Romo was with Jessica Simpson in Cancun. That has nothing to do with football and the man has a right to take a mini-vacation wherever and with whomever he chooses on his days off. The only thing that worries me about the Cowboys is the way they've played in their last four games. They've been less than impressive in those games and this is not the time of the year to NOT be playing your best ball. My hope is that with the time off they've had they've had a chance to recharge, refocus, and heal up. They will definitely have to be completely focused in the playoffs. Afterall, there are NO poor teams in the playoffs and any team can beat you if you are not at your best, and that includes the New York Giants, who are as hot a team as any right now.

Sweetwater Red
01-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Kind of funny how Wilbon did not mention Witten was in Mexico as well

Wilbon wishes it would have been him in Cancun with JS.:thinking:

King_LeYoeNidas
01-07-2008, 01:04 PM
cry me a river. if I had a day off to go to Mexico and nail Jessica Simpson all weekend, damn right I would too! This guy is obviously bitter that the Skins got their asses handed to them. All that nonsense of "oh we won by 21 points to get in the playoffs......21 was Sean Taylor's number.....Sean Taylor helped us beat the Cowboys!" Yeah well ya lost by 21 to Seattle. I guess Taylor was pissed for y'all pulling a sympathy card on his behalf!

coach
01-07-2008, 01:04 PM
and that TO was invited but couldn't go bc he couldn't take his boot across the border

piratebg
01-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Who cares what anyone does on their days off??? As long as it is not illegal, I don't give a damn.

King_LeYoeNidas
01-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Who cares what anyone does on their days off??? As long as it is not illegal, I don't give a damn.

I would do some highly illegal things to her lolol

themsu97
01-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Wilbon, like me, is jealous that it was Romo with Jessica and not him...
some guys have all the luck...

King_LeYoeNidas
01-07-2008, 01:17 PM
or maybe.....just maybe.......he's fairy a Romo fan and is jealous of Jessica???

Atom Ant
01-07-2008, 03:21 PM
What does Wilbon mean by...."yeah, doggie...." I looked at Roger Staubach on youtube. I found one where he was talking with Phyllis George about his sex life. He said, "I like making love as much as Joe Namath does except I like doing it with just one woman...." If you want to read a good book about the old time Cowboys that will have you laughing, get Once A Cowboy by Walt Garrison. It has a bunch stories that you don't see in the paper. Like when Bob Lilly dared George Andrie to try and jump off the balcony in Miami and hit the pool.....he missed and hit an awning and some bushes and still played football the next day. Great stories about Charlie Water and Cliff Harris always jacking with Mike Ditka.