PDA

View Full Version : Time for some clarification (keep it civil)

navscanmaster
01-07-2008, 02:42 AM
This question is for those, and only those, to answer who "think T-shirt fans are annoying" or "hate T-shirt fans."

I have never heard this designation of a person before joining the 3Adownlow. So even though I read Adidas' signature, I need clarification:

What is so bad about a being a fan of a team that you have no personal connection to? Or is it "fair weather fans" that really annoy you guys more (also known as bandwagoners, or people who love a team when they are good and avoid them when they are bad)?

Personally, I don't really care for "fair weather fans" myself, but I don't see a problem or a reason to hate on people that are true fans of teams, even if they have no connection to the team or university they support.:)

pirate4state
01-07-2008, 02:52 AM
hahahahaha good luck in your quest

i think i'll try and go to sleep now :wave:

iknoweverything
01-07-2008, 02:58 AM
Im a t shirt fan because i like Usc. I jumped on the band wagon when they beat Iowa in the orange bowl. Its to late to get on now i jumped on just in time. I believe you can root for whoever the heck you want to root for.

3afan
01-07-2008, 07:25 AM
the term & concept of "T-Shirt fan" is STUPID IMO .........

having said that, Happy Monday! ;)

Old Tiger
01-07-2008, 09:04 AM
What is worse...a t-shirt fan or a fair weather fan?

boudreaux
01-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
the term & concept of "T-Shirt fan" is STUPID IMO .........

having said that, Happy Monday! ;)

I agree.

NastySlot
01-07-2008, 11:40 AM
to me a t-shirt fan has a few meanings...most of all i see them as people showing allegiance to a school on a roll winning....i get annoy with them cause they seem to talk smack about a unversity they didn't attend...and knock other universities..not just the sports teams..........i think however the term was intended to label fans that since they have no true allegiance or ties (by attending the universtiy) they can at anytime change t-shirts and pull for another team..............it is their right to pull for anyteam they want and as long as the conversations stay civil i deal with them.....

coachc45
01-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I don't care if you are a fan of a university you didn't attend..... be one. I do have a problem though when said fan starts talking about "us" and "we" when describing that team. I am I die-hard aggie fan and as such I cheer for them through thick and thin.... but I attended SFA so never will you hear me say "we" or "us" when describing the Aggies.