PDA

View Full Version : IHStangFan

TexanFan4Life
01-07-2008, 01:38 AM
You're a Needville fan, right? What is Needville looking like going into 2008 with the loss of Wilkerson? Do you think they're entering sort of a re-building mode, or do they have some aspirations to make a run at the playoffs?

IHStangFan
01-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Well...Wilkerson is going to be a noticeable loss no doubt. But the hope is that the Hajek kid will fill his shoes along w/ a few others. He was only a soph last year and it was his first year on varsity. The previous year he was a 2000yd rusher on the freshman team. Other than that I don't know much at this point. I figure Sealy & Columbus will be jockeying for the district champ. this coming year.

TexanFan4Life
01-07-2008, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Well...Wilkerson is going to be a noticeable loss no doubt. But the hope is that the Hajek kid will fill his shoes along w/ a few others. He was only a soph last year and it was his first year on varsity. The previous year he was a 2000yd rusher on the freshman team. Other than that I don't know much at this point. I figure Sealy & Columbus will be jockeying for the district champ. this coming year.

Thanks for the insight. I was just curious, because I haven't heard too much about Needville since the loss to Navasota.

I don't know about Columbus in 2008. They're losing Beaird, Carter, Leyendecker, Strauss and a few others. They've got some good athletes at QB and RB moving up from JV, but Beaird and Carter are some pretty big shoes to fill.

IHStangFan
01-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Thanks for the insight. I was just curious, because I haven't heard too much about Needville since the loss to Navasota.

I don't know about Columbus in 2008. They're losing Beaird, Carter, Leyendecker, Strauss and a few others. They've got some good athletes at QB and RB moving up from JV, but Beaird and Carter are some pretty big shoes to fill. oh wow, didn't realize they were losing so much. Weren't you guys a very young team this past year? I know what that means for the rest of us! LOL. Sealy district champs in 08. :D

TexanFan4Life
01-08-2008, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
oh wow, didn't realize they were losing so much. Weren't you guys a very young team this past year? I know what that means for the rest of us! LOL. Sealy district champs in 08. :D

Yeah we were pretty young this season. We lost a couple of key pieces, but we should be ready to go in 2008.