PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Track

Milk That Cow
01-06-2008, 11:30 PM
What's the track team looking like this spring without recent grads Brock Fitzhenry and Bill Lawhorn?

44INAROW
01-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
What's the track team looking like this spring without recent grads Brock Fitzhenry and Bill Lawhorn?
I haven't been keeping up with Fitzhenry since football season, but did he graduate early?

gtownfan
01-07-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I haven't been keeping up with Fitzhenry since football season, but did he graduate early?

He graduated early and will be participating in spring football at UT.

Old Tiger
01-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
He graduated early and will be participating in spring football at UT. I can't wait to see him play in the spring game and see where they have him.

Rocket Dad
01-07-2008, 02:37 PM
The early enrollment for high school players should be banned. Kids have only one shot at being kids and many pass up their spring semester of their Sr. year to move on to college. Example : A sprint relay team has the same 4 kids during their soph. and Jr. years. They work hard and look forward to their Sr. year. One of the members decides to go to spring ball in some college, thus disrupting the TEAM concept of that relay. Proms, spring break, class trips, etc. are all out of the window for a kid . Stay in school, have fun, there is plenty of time for college and then a career. For the record I have talked to many who enrolled in college in Jan. and most of them (not all) say they wished they would have stayed in H.S. Just my take..

buff4life
01-07-2008, 02:38 PM
damn nice hot girl of the month...

track won't be down, but they won't be great, they have some young undeveloped speed...

Old Tiger
01-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
The early enrollment for high school players should be banned. Kids have only one shot at being kids and many pass up their spring semester of their Sr. year to move on to college. Example : A sprint relay team has the same 4 kids during their soph. and Jr. years. They work hard and look forward to their Sr. year. One of the members decides to go to spring ball in some college, thus disrupting the TEAM concept of that relay. Proms, spring break, class trips, etc. are all out of the window for a kid . Stay in school, have fun, there is plenty of time for college and then a career. For the record I have talked to many who enrolled in college in Jan. and most of them (not all) say they wished they would have stayed in H.S. Just my take.. The second semester of your senior year is the most pointless part of your life. I think it is great that they can graduate early and enroll in college to participate in sping drills. It shows more committment to that school than going through january of your senior year then decommitting or signing somewhere else on signing day.

44INAROW
01-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
The second semester of your senior year is the most pointless part of your life. I think it is great that they can graduate early and enroll in college to participate in sping drills. It shows more committment to that school than going through january of your senior year then decommitting or signing somewhere else on signing day.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I graduated early (Feb) and I missed out on alot of things that I didn't think were important at the time (and in the longterm scheme of things arent) but I do regret some of the things I missed. Of course, I wasn't going to a Div 1 school to play football ;) I guess to each his own. But Casey - believe me, you're going to have ALOT MORE THINGS more pointless than the 2nd semester of your senior year :D