QB Jeremy Phillips - Waller

C Nick Leppo - Southlake Carroll

WR Forrest Rucker - Hearne

WR Kenny Barrett - Mart

WR Desmond Brigham - Caddo Mills

DT Troy Franklin - Celina

LB Derek Tomlin - Southlake Carroll

S Darien Williams - Vernon

Scout.com has most of them listed as 2-star prospects. Do any of these guys figure to have bright collegiate careers ahead of them?

Old Tiger
01-06-2008, 09:22 PM
The Mart WR and Tomlin for sure. Those two are the best two athletes in their class.

TexanFan4Life
01-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
The Mart WR and Tomlin for sure. Those two are the best two athletes in their class.

You saying they're both the best 2 athletes at their respective position in the entire state?

c-town_balla
01-06-2008, 09:36 PM
The Mart WR is te fastest person I have ever seen

Old Tiger
01-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
You saying they're both the best 2 athletes at their respective position in the entire state? recruiting class. that mart WR may be one of the best in the state.

tigerpride_08
01-06-2008, 10:20 PM
i've scrimmaged against Waller QB Phillips for the past 2 years and he was pretty good...saw somewhere he's projected to be a DB...

TexanFan4Life
01-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i've scrimmaged against Waller QB Phillips for the past 2 years and he was pretty good...saw somewhere he's projected to be a DB...

interesting. Does he have an arm? What offense did Waller run when you scrimmaged them?

tigerpride_08
01-06-2008, 10:26 PM
interesting. Does he have an arm? What offense did Waller run when you scrimmaged them?

they pounded the ball with their fullback...i do remember curls and quick passes and he got them there pretty good...he runs pretty well and was hard to take down...as for what offense they run, not to sure...also i was looking through Dave Campbell's Mag, and his older brother is a linebacker at TCU....

TexanFan4Life
01-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
they pounded the ball with their fullback...i do remember curls and quick passes and he got them there pretty good...he runs pretty well and was hard to take down...as for what offense they run, not to sure...also i was looking through Dave Campbell's Mag, and his older brother is a linebacker at TCU....

It looks like athletes run in the family. I just hope Dodge can get it going at UNT, starting with these 2008 recruits. He seems to have gotten some big name Texas HS players.

mwynn05
01-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Sometimes recruits lose stars when they commit to schools like UNT on rivals....Rivals has Riley as a 5.7....a 5.8 is a 4 star we also got 2 JUCO DB's from NwOK one is a 3 star the other is a 2...the kid from Waller will never get any where close to the field as a QB

big daddy russ
01-06-2008, 11:04 PM
You saying they're both the best 2 athletes at their respective position in the entire state?
Tommy Blake, Steve Slaton, and Pat White were two-star recruits out of HS. They did OK for themselves.

Originally posted by mwynn05
Sometimes recruits lose stars when they commit to schools like UNT on rivals....Rivals has Riley as a 5.7....a 5.8 is a 4 star we also got 2 JUCO DB's from NwOK one is a 3 star the other is a 2...the kid from Waller will never get any where close to the field as a QB
Dodge was initially listed as a low four-star prospect during summer camps last year. He dropped to three stars when his actual height and weight (5-11, 180 lbs) came out after the camps and went down to a two-star recruit after decommitting from UT. Dodge will be just fine.

mwynn05
01-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Tommy Blake, Steve Slaton, and Pat White were two-star recruits out of HS. They did OK for themselves.

Dodge was initially listed as a low four-star prospect during summer camps last year. He dropped to three stars when his actual height and weight (5-11, 180 lbs) came out after the camps and went down to a two-star recruit after decommitting from UT. Dodge will be just fine. He's still a 3 on rivals but it is funny how players drop depending on what program they commit to....not just unt weather it be smu uh or where ever you get my drift

big daddy russ
01-06-2008, 11:35 PM
He's still a 3 on rivals but it is funny how players drop depending on what program they commit to....not just unt weather it be smu uh or where ever you get my drift
My bad. Hadn't kept up lately.

TexanFan4Life
01-07-2008, 12:58 AM
tigerpride_08 mentioned something about the Waller QB moving to DB in college. Sounds like Dodge has 2 true QBs committed, 3 WRs, 1 LB, 1 C, 1 DT, 4 DBs (including the Waller guy)...

ZERO RBs!! He better try and replace Jamario Thomas. I'm not sure who his current backup is, but I hope he's a good one.

mwynn05
01-07-2008, 02:02 AM
tigerpride_08 mentioned something about the Waller QB moving to DB in college. Sounds like Dodge has 2 true QBs committed, 3 WRs, 1 LB, 1 C, 1 DT, 4 DBs (including the Waller guy)...

ZERO RBs!! He better try and replace Jamario Thomas. I'm not sure who his current backup is, but I hope he's a good one. dont try to act like you follow North Texas football its obvious you dont or you would know that thomas hasnt done much of anything since his freshman year Micah Mosley a freshman (will be soph) from Nederland rushed for only 226 yards less than Thomas on 18 fewer carries, in other words Thomas averaged only one yard more per carry....not a huge difference especially when you factor in that Mosley was a better receiver which might be more important in this offense Mosley averaged 8.8 yards a catch while Tomas averaged 2.3

TexanFan4Life
01-07-2008, 05:30 AM
dont try to act like you follow North Texas football its obvious you dont or you would know that thomas hasnt done much of anything since his freshman year Micah Mosley a freshman (will be soph) from Nederland rushed for only 226 yards less than Thomas on 18 fewer carries, in other words Thomas averaged only one yard more per carry....not a huge difference especially when you factor in that Mosley was a better receiver which might be more important in this offense Mosley averaged 8.8 yards a catch while Tomas averaged 2.3

I'm not pretending like I follow UNT football, but I decided to look up some things about them, like the current recruiting class on Scout.com. I know that Thomas isn't even a projected draft pick, but those are some impressive numbers for the Mosley kid. I have been a fan of Thomas's since his freshman season though. I've always felt like he could have been much more productive at a bigger school with more talent around him. He was heavily recruited by bigger D I schools, but chose UNT because he is dyslexic and UNT has a program for dyslexic students. As a UNT fan, I'm sure you know this about him, I'm just saying what I think about Thomas and his potential.

3afan
01-07-2008, 08:45 AM
did I hear UNT was LAST in D-I in defense?

mwynn05
01-07-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm not pretending like I follow UNT football, but I decided to look up some things about them, like the current recruiting class on Scout.com. I know that Thomas isn't even a projected draft pick, but those are some impressive numbers for the Mosley kid. I have been a fan of Thomas's since his freshman season though. I've always felt like he could have been much more productive at a bigger school with more talent around him. He was heavily recruited by bigger D I schools, but chose UNT because he is dyslexic and UNT has a program for dyslexic students. As a UNT fan, I'm sure you know this about him, I'm just saying what I think about Thomas and his potential. or if he wasn't hurt his whole career
did I hear UNT was LAST in D-I in defense? True...by a long shot the D coordinator has also been let go