PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens 60 Minutes interview......(merged)

Gobbla2001
01-06-2008, 08:24 PM
lol... Clemens is pissed off on 60 minutes

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 08:33 PM
If anyone belives this guy they are a bafoon. That is all

Old Tiger
01-06-2008, 08:34 PM
interesting to say the least

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I thought he did it before this and now there is no doubt in my mind

Gobbla2001
01-06-2008, 08:35 PM
he's seemed a little iffy here and there... but honest most of it... I dunno what to think here...

the lie detector question got me...

"would you take a lie detector test?"

"some say they're good some they're bad....." was the first thing he said in answering the question... I read that as a "well if I do, and fail because I have taken steroids, then I believe they're good and they're bad, so I'll say it was bad"...

SintonFan_inAustin
01-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by iknoweverything
If anyone belives this guy they are a bafoon. That is all was this before he knew he was being called by Congress where he has to say the truth or face what happen to Barry Bond?

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
was this before he knew he was being called by Congress where he has to say the truth or face what happen to Barry Bond?

Your honestly believe he didnt do this? Please tell me your joking.

Gobbla2001
01-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Your honestly believe he didnt do this? Please tell me your joking.

did you read his post?

pirate4state
01-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I only caught the tail end of the interview, but while he maintained eye contact most of the interview, there were too many times he shifted his eyes down.

I don't care either way if he is guilty.

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
did you read his post?

my bad, my bad. This was before. He doesnt have to say anything before congress. He can take the .......

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/c/ca/Fif.jpg

Old Tiger
01-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I only caught the tail end of the interview, but while he maintained eye contact most of the interview, there were too many times he shifted his eyes down.

I don't care either way if he is guilty. Ya I noticed it was sketchy like he was trying to hard to prove he didn't.

Ironically he and Pettite are best friends and Pettite said that what McNamee(spelling?) said was true and that he had no idea what Andy was doing.

Also McNamee(?) didn't have anything to gain from telling the truth and everything to lose if he didn't just like Mitchell has stated.

Old Tiger
01-06-2008, 08:41 PM
my bad, my bad. This was before. He doesnt have to say anything before congress. He can take the .......

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/c/ca/Fif.jpg

One, two, three, four, fifth! haha!

That was hilarious episode.

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Ya I noticed it was sketchy like he was trying to hard to prove he didn't.

Ironically he and Pettite are best friends and Pettite said that what McNamee(spelling?) said was true and that he had no idea what Andy was doing.

Also McNamee(?) didn't have anything to gain from telling the truth and everything to lose if he didn't just like Mitchell has stated.

These are the two biggest things working against clemens imo. Its hard for me to belive he lied about clemens and not pettie

Gobbla2001
01-06-2008, 08:43 PM
many times he shifted his eyes down.

I was thinking that too during the interview... but I've him do that in a lot of other inverviews when it wasn't a "truth vs. lie" type situation so I dismissed it... most say looking left or right is the one where you can tell they're lying the most... but he's always done that too so I don't know

pirate4state
01-06-2008, 08:44 PM
I was thinking that too during the interview... but I've him do that in a lot of other inverviews when it wasn't a "truth vs. lie" type situation so I dismissed it... most say looking left or right is the one where you can tell they're lying the most... but he's always done that too so I don't know so maybe he's always lying? :D

such a sad state of affairs

Gobbla2001
01-06-2008, 08:50 PM
so maybe he's always lying? :D

that's the thing, there are times he does that in a non-truth vs. lie situation... he's just hard to guage but he came off "iffy" a lot...

the thing iffy about it is he looked like he was digging for things to say, which are lies in most cases, but it's weird because they weren't really truth vs. lie questions he did it on, it was more on questions such as "How did you feel after you read what McNamee (or whatever) had said in the Mitchell report"... I'm pretty sure he knew how he felt and wasn't lying about it, he said straight up "I was pissed" yet he looked down and to the side... I'm pretty sure he was for sure pissed and that wasn't a lie lol...

but he looked very nervous the whole interview, seems to me he's lying... just hard to tell...

ILS1
01-06-2008, 09:00 PM

Geez...........You could at least spell his name right. R-O-G-E-R!!!!

Idiot!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
01-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Geez...........You could at least spell his name right. R-O-G-E-R!!!!

Idiot!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

and he thinks there are too many tards on here

rockdale80
01-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Personally, I think he was lying. I dont care personally what they do with their bodies. They get paid to entertain and perform and that is the bottom line. I dont hate him because he might have taken steroids. I do dislike him for selling out to the Yanks though. ;)

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 09:10 PM
personal attack yet again

Emerson1
01-06-2008, 09:16 PM
personal attack yet again

yeah it does! ~ p4s

leave the poor guy alone! gah...

ILS1
01-06-2008, 10:28 PM

And this ISN'T a Personal attack again???

:D :D :D

kaorder1999
01-06-2008, 10:32 PM
did his eyes ever go up and to the left when asked a question??

TexanFan4Life
01-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
did his eyes ever go up and to the left when asked a question??

No, but when asked what he had for breakfast this morning, he responded with "Lidocaine and B-12."

Tres Lobos
01-06-2008, 11:04 PM
I hope that hes telling the truth and hope that its just God given talent that has made him so good but with the way the MLB is now theres no telling who is and isnt taking steroids.

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
And this ISN'T a Personal attack again???

:D :D :D

No

IHStangFan
01-06-2008, 11:48 PM
yup....I wasn't sure what to think before this interview...but I'm convinced now that he is lying. He was very choosy w/ his words, he was flushed, kept shifting his eyes, diverting and dodging questions w/ silly comments such as the title of the thread....just seemed generally uncomfortable. If I were a betting man, I'd bet this isn't going to end well for Clemens.

TexanFan4Life
01-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
I hope that hes telling the truth

I don't. I hope he gets exposed for lying under oath to Congress on January 16. I hope he gets everything that's coming to him. Lidocaine and B-12 injections offer absolutely no medical benefit. Lidocaine is used as a numbing agent and B-12 is used primarily on patients who have a certain type of anemia. As far as we know, Roger doesn't have anemia, and we do know that a professional athlete doesn't need to have his butt numbed every once in a while with an injection. This whole thing reeks of one big disgusting lie by a big name athlete trying to save himself.

mwynn05
01-07-2008, 02:07 AM
His response to the invite to speak to congress was also shady. It was something like if I would be more than happy to I can clear my schedule...it was a statement from his publicist....who would know if he could do it or not

smustangs
01-07-2008, 02:36 AM
he's seemed a little iffy here and there... but honest most of it... I dunno what to think here...

the lie detector question got me...

"would you take a lie detector test?"

"some say they're good some they're bad....." was the first thing he said in answering the question... I read that as a "well if I do, and fail because I have taken steroids, then I believe they're good and they're bad, so I'll say it was bad"...

thats the question that did it for me too. i kinda started to believe him before this but its just too iffy to believe him in that case

Old Tiger
01-07-2008, 09:20 AM
He's trying to hard so I think he really did know about the injections and received them.

sahen
01-07-2008, 12:35 PM
i dunno if he did it or not, i have a tendency to believe the guy after watching the interview so apparantly im a "baffoon" but hey thats my opinion...

you have to admit him and every other athlete on the Mitchell Report got screwed when the thing came out...everyone is automatically believing the thing as 100% true and those athletes really had no chance to defend themselves, some of them are just taking it and rolling with it while others are adamently saying they didnt do anything....we will see what happens in the future but im pretty sure we will never know the absolute truth and all these guys on the report will forever be labeled as steroid users even if they did or did not take them, and for someone like clemens and bonds (who i do think took them but we have no proof at the moment) it is really sad to see their great careers downplayed because of it....

in my opinion a lot of these athletes would have jsut been happy if Mitchell wouldve called them and said "hey your going to be named on my report what do you have to say to defend yourself" and then included that as well...however, the players union in baseball wouldve thrown a fit because it didn't go through them first, thats the problem with major league baseball at the moment, steroids are a smaller problem that is masking the bigger problem in the players union which has gotten so powerful that MLB couldnt really do anything about the steroid problem until it came out in the open recently....

iknoweverything
01-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i dunno if he did it or not, i have a tendency to believe the guy after watching the interview so apparantly im a "baffoon" but hey thats my opinion...

you have to admit him and every other athlete on the Mitchell Report got screwed when the thing came out...everyone is automatically believing the thing as 100% true and those athletes really had no chance to defend themselves, some of them are just taking it and rolling with it while others are adamently saying they didnt do anything....we will see what happens in the future but im pretty sure we will never know the absolute truth and all these guys on the report will forever be labeled as steroid users even if they did or did not take them, and for someone like clemens and bonds (who i do think took them but we have no proof at the moment) it is really sad to see their great careers downplayed because of it....

in my opinion a lot of these athletes would have jsut been happy if Mitchell wouldve called them and said "hey your going to be named on my report what do you have to say to defend yourself" and then included that as well...however, the players union in baseball wouldve thrown a fit because it didn't go through them first, thats the problem with major league baseball at the moment, steroids are a smaller problem that is masking the bigger problem in the players union which has gotten so powerful that MLB couldnt really do anything about the steroid problem until it came out in the open recently....

I have no pitty for anyone of them named in the report. THey had every chance to go and talk to Mitchell and his people and not a single on of them did. Thats their fault. Its theif fault for doing this and sending a horrible message to kids. Why would they call them and say hey your going to be named in the report when they wouldnt talk to them???

sahen
01-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I have no pitty for anyone of them named in the report. THey had every chance to go and talk to Mitchell and his people and not a single on of them did. Thats their fault. Its theif fault for doing this and sending a horrible message to kids. Why would they call them and say hey your going to be named in the report when they wouldnt talk to them???

they didnt go talk to them because their union told them not to go talk to them....when your unionized you dont have much choice about what you do...baseball is different than the common man but for an example when those airline union's strike and so forth all those pilots dont want to be on strike but they dont have a choice because they are in the union...its a similar type of deal....

also, why would someone who didnt take steroids talk to the mitchell report people, if some of these guys really didn't do steroids and thought they were ok then why would they think they need to talk to them...it is a possiblity that say clemens if he didnt take steroids never even thought about talking to mitchell because he hasnt taken them and then all of a sudden he finds out he is on the report the same day we do, it isnt like these guys were told in advance who was going to be named....

UPanIN
01-07-2008, 03:40 PM
One thing that stuck with me was him saying if he did take them how come he stayed the same size (which he did). I tend to believe him.:crazy: But it's going to be hard for him to prove that he didn't. It's a real shame.

sahen
01-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
One thing that stuck with me was him saying if he did take them how come he stayed the same size (which he did). I tend to believe him.:crazy: But it's going to be hard for him to prove that he didn't. It's a real shame.

thats what sucks about this....if he did or did not take them it doesnt matter he is already seen guilty in the eyes of the public....these people are public figures but they are also men, if he didnt truely do anything wrong then everything that man worked for his whole life is being discounted...i can understand why he would be really mad at this situation....

another thing, the guy that accuses clemens calls him a couple days before the report comes out and asks to borrow his fishing gear in Cabo to go fishing with....that isnt a good friend, even if they he did do steriods a friend wouldnt do that to you, they might be avoiding you but its almost like the guy was thinking i better use him while i still can....somethign just seems weird about the deal to me....

JasperDog94
01-07-2008, 04:05 PM
they didnt go talk to them because their union told them not to go talk to them....when your unionized you dont have much choice about what you do...baseball is different than the common man but for an example when those airline union's strike and so forth all those pilots dont want to be on strike but they dont have a choice because they are in the union...its a similar type of deal....
Then they have their own union to blame. Nobody else. Don't get mad when people think you're a cheater when you had the option to talk to Mitchell. The unions surrounding baseball sure aren't looking too bright lately. Anybody remember how that umpire union strike came out?:doh: :doh:

sahen
01-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Then they have their own union to blame. Nobody else. Don't get mad when people think you're a cheater when you had the option to talk to Mitchell. The unions surrounding baseball sure aren't looking too bright lately. Anybody remember how that umpire union strike came out?:doh: :doh:

it isnt that simple...you kinda have to do what your union tells you when your in it, for better or worse....also, it isnt like mitchell told the players that were being named that they were in the report, if clemens or any of the other players truely didnt take steroids then why would they think they need to go talk to mitchell? they probably thought they had nothign to worry about....

JasperDog94
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
it isnt that simple...you kinda have to do what your union tells you when your in it, for better or worse....also, it isnt like mitchell told the players that were being named that they were in the report, if clemens or any of the other players truely didnt take steroids then why would they think they need to go talk to mitchell? they probably thought they had nothign to worry about.... But when somebody is launching a probe like that, you'd better cooperate. If you don't, you have no right to complain about the results. If anything, Roger should be suing the union.

iknoweverything
01-07-2008, 05:39 PM
But when somebody is launching a probe like that, you'd better cooperate. If you don't, you have no right to complain about the results. If anything, Roger should be suing the union.

Exactly

sahen
01-07-2008, 05:45 PM
But when somebody is launching a probe like that, you'd better cooperate. If you don't, you have no right to complain about the results. If anything, Roger should be suing the union.

how did he not cooperate? did mitchell go to clemens and say "we need to interview you?" no....it was more of a general "if you want to come be interviewed for the mitchell probe that is gonna get some of your buddies in hot water then come on down to my office" type of thing.....it isnt like they told these guys your gonan get named so defend yourself....if clemens and some of these guys feel they have nothign to defend themselves of and their union is saying dont talk to them to mlb players as a whole then why would you talk to mitchell?...99% of people are going to say "i have nothign to worry about this can only lead to problems because when my friends are named they may think i named them" so they arent going to say anything....and yes clemens should sue the union for this but if he truely didnt do steroids he should sue the guy making crap up about him first which is what he is doing....

essentially, Clemens is telling the guy that accused him of wrong doing to "prove it" by suing him....the public probably wont pay attention and clemens will most likely always be labeled as a user now, but atleast for the people that want to know the guy that accused Clemens will have to come up w/ concrete evidence not just an "i injected him x amount of times over x years"....if its Clemens word against his trainers then the trainer is not going to win....