PDA

View Full Version : Multiple forums?

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 01:25 PM
This site shoudl be seperated into multiple forums. All the news crap and other stuff that people post should go into one, sports into another, and so on and so on. Then these forums shoudl be moded by people that KNOW that subject so we can talk/argue about sports without getting them deleted. Make sense?

3afan
01-06-2008, 01:25 PM

Emerson1
01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Doesn't work

Gobbla2001
01-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by iknoweverything
This site shoudl be seperated into multiple forums. All the news crap and other stuff that people post should go into one, sports into another, and so on and so on. Then these forums shoudl be moded by people that KNOW that subject so we can talk/argue about sports without getting them deleted. Make sense?

nope... the board is fine the way it is I think...

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Doesn't work

Works perfectly in other boards, i guess this one isnt big enough though.

3afan
01-06-2008, 01:29 PM

no - its fine the way it is

Emerson1
01-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Works perfectly in other boards, i guess this one isnt big enough though.
Not other football boards. They are good sites, but dfwhssports and texashsfootball don't have nearly the activity this board does.

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Not other football boards. They are good sites, but dfwhssports and texashsfootball don't have nearly the activity this board does.

but do they have the tards this one does?

Gobbla2001
01-06-2008, 01:55 PM
sometimes it works but in the case of a site like the downlow it wouldn't be in the best interest of the majority of our long-time posters...

this is a 3A site... we talk 3A football with a little bit of stuff mixed in during the season and it all works... during the offseason we just talk about whatever... sports, how raunchy someone's underarms probably smell etc... if not broke do not fix it...

On an average day the most active discussions and new threads can be found on the first two pages, that's not bad... I could understand if there were 9 pages being used daily and posts were being pushed back and back, but in most cases you either have to scroll down the first page or click to view the second and there are the most active posts...

Another big reason is that the majority of active posters here like talking with each other, why separate them?

I could understand maybe a political board being added, but everything else is discussed here and discussed very well...

Ranger Mom
01-06-2008, 02:05 PM

It wouldn't if YOU left!!

Just kidding..........or am I?:thinking:

Ranger Mom
01-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
sometimes it works but in the case of a site like the downlow it wouldn't be in the best interest of the majority of our long-time posters...

this is a 3A site... we talk 3A football with a little bit of stuff mixed in during the season and it all works... during the offseason we just talk about whatever... sports, how raunchy someone's underarms probably smell etc... if not broke do not fix it...

On an average day the most active discussions and new threads can be found on the first two pages, that's not bad... I could understand if there were 9 pages being used daily and posts were being pushed back and back, but in most cases you either have to scroll down the first page or click to view the second and there are the most active posts...

Another big reason is that the majority of active posters here like talking with each other, why separate them?

I could understand maybe a political board being added, but everything else is discussed here and discussed very well...

It has also been brought up on more than one occasion....and when put to a vote of the posters, has come away with an overwhelming vote to keep it just as it is!!

pirate4state
01-06-2008, 02:08 PM

if you don't like the format or the tards that post here, why do you keep coming back?? talk about tard! :hand:

FutureAD
01-06-2008, 02:20 PM
whats so bad about having other subjects posted...i mean sometimes football talk runs out...there's nothin wrong with this board keep it like it is...

Daddy D 11
01-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by FutureAD
whats so bad about having other subjects posted...i mean sometimes football talk runs out...there's nothin wrong with this board keep it like it is...

AMEN.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-06-2008, 02:32 PM

I'm glad you know everything.

ILS1
01-06-2008, 02:41 PM

Hey Rook, you've only been for less than 200 posts. That's why we post other things here because we all know uknownothing!!!

:D :D :D

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 02:42 PM
lol you guys crack me up... you take everything written on this board as if it were the bible. lol you guys are funny. I love this board because its the only football board i know thats moded by 4 women over the age of 40. That in itself makes this a great place

Daddy D 11
01-06-2008, 02:47 PM
lol you guys crack me up... you take everything written on this board as if it were the bible. lol you guys are funny. I love this board because its the only football board i know thats moded by 4 women over the age of 40. That in itself makes this a great place
then why are you saying we should change things?! :doh:

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
then why are you saying we should change things?! :doh:

just sparking conversation...

piratebg
01-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Why must we go through this with every other noob??? With as much as they claim to read on this board before they sign up, you'd think they know the answer to this question. :rolleyes:

boudreaux
01-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
if you don't like the format or the tards that post here, why do you keep coming back?? talk about tard! :hand:

No kidding pirate4state. The mods do an outstanding job here of moderating this geat forum. The best anywhere. All you do is post crap. Sooner (hopefully) or later you will get banned just like all those other idiots who post crap just to get a rise out of people. The mods here are wonderful. have a good one dude as long as it lasts. And yeah post onthe short bus forum.

FutureAD
01-06-2008, 02:53 PM
ya ive been reading this board for a few years and it always seems like every week there is a new poster trying to change up the format of the board...just leave it the way it is...hey im new and i love it leave it like it is...:clap:

Daddy D 11
01-06-2008, 02:54 PM
just sparking conversation...

thats makes no sense:thinking:

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 02:55 PM
http://cache.bordom.net/images/cb38cb5004473ea6ba5e8f8c2f602940.jpg

pirate4state
01-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by boudreaux
No kidding pirate4state. The mods do an outstanding job here of moderating this geat forum. The best anywhere. All you do is post crap. Sooner (hopefully) or later you will get banned just like all those other idiots who post crap just to get a rise out of people. The mods here are wonderful. have a good one dude as long as it lasts. And yeah post onthe short bus forum.

The needle just broke on my sarcasm meter. :thinking:

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 03:04 PM
delete the thread mods this is outa controll.

Daddy D 11
01-06-2008, 03:08 PM
id rather delete you:D

boudreaux
01-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Good idea.

Daddy D 11
01-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by boudreaux
Good idea.

glad you agree:clap:

FutureAD
01-06-2008, 03:19 PM
haha just laughing at this thread is all i can do now...i mean what was the point in this thread what did it accomplish...:clap: :D

Stownhorse
01-06-2008, 03:27 PM

Like I said before dude, your trash, keep your sorry comments to yourself.

Ranger Mom
01-06-2008, 03:27 PM

4 women?? Slpybear.....Sinton66.....Old Green...is there something you aren't telling us???:eek: :eek:

I have met all 3 of you, and I thought all of yall were guys!!:doh:

pirate4state
01-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Like I said before dude, your trash, keep your sorry comments to yourself. there really isn't any need to call him names just because he wondered about the format of the board and referred to some of you as tards :D

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 03:31 PM
no personal attacks please

Stownhorse
01-06-2008, 03:33 PM

Did I hurt your feelings?

Daddy D 11
01-06-2008, 03:33 PM
you attacked the board, and called some members on here tards. what do you expect?:thinking:

pirate4state
01-06-2008, 03:41 PM
you attacked the board, and called some members on here tards. what do you expect?:thinking: i don't know what HE expects, but I know what I expect!

Daddy D 11
01-06-2008, 03:42 PM
haha

iknoweverything
01-06-2008, 03:45 PM
you attacked the board, and called some members on here tards. what do you expect?:thinking:

um it was not personal. he called me trash so that is personal. in all honesty can we please lock the thread or delete it? i didnt mean to get the board in a up roar

pirate4state
01-06-2008, 03:48 PM
um it was not personal. he called me trash so that is personal. in all honesty can we please lock the thread or delete it? i didnt mean to get the board in a up roar how is referring to the people, as a whole not personal?

i'll close the thread, but next time stop and THINK about what you post! :rolleyes:

you know the drill

Ranger Mom
01-06-2008, 04:03 PM
how is referring to the people, as a whole not personal?

i'll close the thread, but next time stop and THINK about what you post! :rolleyes:

you know the drill

Awwww man!!!!

I was waiting to see who he considered the 4th woman mod!!:p

Old Green
01-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Awwww man!!!!

I was waiting to see who he considered the 4th woman mod!!:p He's confused because I have a girls name:devil: :D

pirate4state
01-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
He's confused because I have a girls name:devil: :D Well he shouldn't be doesn't everyone in Cuero know who you are?!!!?!

Old Green
01-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Well he shouldn't be doesn't everyone in Cuero know who you are?!!!?! He's one of the 20% who hasn't met the legend yet.;)