PDA

View Full Version : Realignment

SpeedOption
01-05-2008, 07:43 PM
On-the-bubble teams wait for certainty

By Jeff Wick
Saturday, January 5, 2008

On Feb. 1, the University Interscholastic League will announce new athletic alignments for the 2008-09 and 2009-10 seasons. In addition to Sterling City's move to 11-man football, here are some other interesting area storylines:

- Bronte will remain playing 11-man despite being one of the smallest such schools doing so the past couple of years. In the past two realignment cycles, Bronte has had the numbers (88-student high school enrollment in 2006) to play six-man. But as they looked at their lower grade levels, it appeared high school enrollment would increase as the years went by, athletic director Keith McCutchen said. Sure enough, this year they turned in an enrollment of 103 to the UIL.
The six-man cutoff number has been 100.
"It was never really a discussion for us," McCutchen said of making the move to six-man. "We didn't want to go to six-man only to have to move back to 11-man in two or four years. Stability was important."

- Brownwood, which has won seven state football titles, is expected to fall from Class 4A to Class 3A after an enrollment drop from 971 two years ago to 901. The cutoff between 3A and 4A is 949 students.

- To Mason head coach Russell Joy, there's no question his Punchers are headed down to 1A from 2A after turning in a 168 enrollment, 30 less than two years ago when they were three above the 2A/1A cutoff.
"We're going down, and it's a good thing," Joy said. "You want your kids to play by the same set of rules as everyone else."
There are just too many hurdles to overcome, Joy said, playing against programs with more than double Mason's enrollment, such as Brady, Blanco and Comfort.
The 1A competition better watch out next year. The Punchers will return nine offensive and nine defensive starters.
"It'll be nice I hope," Joy said.

- Abilene Cooper, the smallest Class 5A in the state two years ago with an enrollment of 1,989.5 (the cutoff between 4A and 5A was 1,985) has grown and reported an enrollment of 2,048 to the UIL this time around.

- Count Junction head coach Luke Moody as someone who will be supremely relieved after the realignment is announced. The currently 2A Eagles reported a high school enrollment of 196 this year. That's just two over the cutoff between 2A and 1A two years ago. If that cutoff number moves up, Junction becomes a 1A.
"We're not just on the bubble number-wise, but we're on the bubble location-wise," said Moody, whose team could end up in any number of different districts, North, South, East or West. "I have an A, B and C schedule (tentatively arranged for non-district play)."
Moody said a move down to 1A would benefit Junction athletic programs not only from a competitive standpoint - larger schools have a real depth advantage, especially in football - but also from a travel standpoint.
"We drive through three 1A schools to get to some of our other district teams," Moody said.

BILLYFRED0000
01-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Bronte is my alma mater. And in spite of our low enrollment we still win more than we lose at the 1a level. And although we had some runs in the 60's and 70's (particularly 74 but did not get to meet Celina, just as well. Lefors got pasted 56 to 0.) we have not done much since. Oil dried up in the mid 80,s and we had struggled ever since. But we still manage to play well for a small school. Just wish we could get back to about 115 or 20. Sure would make it a little better.

Stownhorse
01-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Notice most of the schools mentioned are in Western Texas.

Jack_Daniels
01-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Many out west are losing kids and people in their towns. People move to where there are jobs. Kids leave town after graduation and because there are no jobs in town don't return. The realignemt every 2 years is just a population survey anyway.

DeeStroyer71
01-05-2008, 09:04 PM
I think we will continue to see schools in small towns lose students as the price of gas goes up. People will move closer to jobs and jobs are usually in larger cities.

IHStangFan
01-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Jack_Daniels
Many out west are losing kids and people in their towns. People move to where there are jobs. Kids leave town after graduation and because there are no jobs in town don't return. The realignemt every 2 years is just a population survey anyway. I have to kind of disagree here. I'm sure that is the case in certain towns...but w/ the oil boom, the majority of these west Texas towns (the ones w/ ties to the oilfield) are experiencing growth, not dwindling numbers.

Texasfootball2
01-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Bronte is my alma mater. And in spite of our low enrollment we still win more than we lose at the 1a level. And although we had some runs in the 60's and 70's (particularly 74 but did not get to meet Celina, just as well. Lefors got pasted 56 to 0.) we have not done much since. Oil dried up in the mid 80,s and we had struggled ever since. But we still manage to play well for a small school. Just wish we could get back to about 115 or 20. Sure would make it a little better.

Hang in there Bronte, My alma mater was very much like Bronte but finally gave in to six man. I've only been to one game since. It's just not the same. The sad thing is, there are more kids out for football now than there were when I was in school. We only had 21 my senior year, I think they had 28 kids out last year.

3afan
01-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

this obviously came from a "Big Country" area paper ...

boudreaux
01-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I have to kind of disagree here. I'm sure that is the case in certain towns...but w/ the oil boom, the majority of these west Texas towns (the ones w/ ties to the oilfield) are experiencing growth, not dwindling numbers.

Gone are the days where mens families followed them around from town to town in the oilfield. They have their home base and when the husband is on his off days he goes home. Personally, I don't see the oil boom affecting the population of smaller towns. It does help out their economy by the fact that these workers spend their dollars eating and buying gas in these small towns.

Ranger Mom
01-07-2008, 11:03 AM
I know Midland is growing and so is Greenwood.

Our enrollment dropped by a few, but all the people moving out here now seem to be younger couples with small children, so it will be a few years before that shows up on the enrollment numbers!!!!

Black_Magic
01-07-2008, 11:13 AM
I think its a toss up as to where Greenwood will end up. 50/50 as I see it. Greenwood will I believe go west with Monahans and Ft Stockton ect.. I bet Snyder goes in with Andrews, Seminole, Lamesa, Brownfield and Maybe Lubbock Cooper = 6 teams. Estacado Drops to 3A and Goes North with Leveland Borger, Dalhart ect to replace the loss of Canyon (tuned in over 1000) to 4A. Sweetwater, Clyde, Wylie, Breck,Brownwood, comanche may be in all togeather. IMO.

PS I see Glenrose going into Region 1 from Region 2

Ranger Mom
01-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I think its a toss up as to where Greenwood will end up. 50/50 as I see it. Greenwood will I believe go west with Monahans and Ft Stockton ect.. I bet Snyder goes in with Andrews, Seminole, Lamesa, Brownfield and Maybe Lubbock Cooper = 6 teams. Estacado Drops to 3A and Goes North with Leveland Borger, Dalhart ect to replace the loss of Canyon (tuned in over 1000) to 4A. Sweetwater, Clyde, Wylie, Breck,Brownwood, comanche may be in all togeather. IMO.

Monahans and Fort Stockton is okay.....as long as Anthony, Clint and Fabens aren't thrown into that mix!!:eek:

Greenwood to Clint - 295 miles
Greenwood to Fabens - 287 miles
Greenwood to Anthony - 336 miles

NastySlot
01-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
this obviously came from a "Big Country" area paper ...

I was thinking it was the San Angelo paper....is that big country????or Concho Valley...God's Country.

Texasfootball2
01-07-2008, 11:59 AM

I think if they put Brownwood in the district with Wylie, then they will move Sweetwater back west with the Snyder district that only had four teams to give them five. Rumor has it Comanche will drop back down and they really need to.

This is just food for thought but I could possibly see it shake out something like this?

Brownwood
Glen Rose
Breckenridge
Clyde
Wylie
(The farthest travel distance is Glen Rose and Wylie, approx. 115 miles.)

*Because of the number of 3A teams (or lack of) in West Tx, the UIL may still have to continue to not have a district 2 for football. The only other option is to have several four team districts.

Black_Magic
01-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I think if they put Brownwood in the district with Wylie, then they will move Sweetwater back west with the Snyder district that only had four teams to give them five. Rumor has it Comanche will drop back down and they really need to.

This is just food for thought but I could possibly see it shake out something like this?

Brownwood
Glen Rose
Breckenridge
Clyde
Wylie
(The farthest travel distance is Glen Rose and Wylie, approx. 115 miles.)

*Because of the number of 3A teams (or lack of) in West Tx, the UIL may still have to continue to not have a district 2 for football. The only other option is to have several four team districts. I think Brady goes to region 1 and goes in there with them. Fredricksburg is dropping so they would replace Bady in that district. AND I hear that they will have no 4 or 5 team districts only 6 and up

Texasfootball2
01-07-2008, 12:08 PM
I think Brady goes to region 1 and goes in there with them. Fredricksburg is dropping so they would replace Bady in that district. AND I hear that they will have no 4 or 5 team districts only 6 and up

I heard the same thing but if you start looking at the teams in West Tx and Far West Tx., it just doesn't add up without making teams travel 4+ hours for district games. There's just not enough 3A teams.

I also heard that Brady is moving back up and I think your right about them moving back in that district, but I saw somewhere that they turned in 397?

Sweetwater Red
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM

I wonder if Snyder is going to schedule another 2A school to
avoid playing Sweetwater again, assuming they don't end up
in the same district. :thinking: :devil: :D

Black_Magic
01-07-2008, 12:15 PM
I heard the same thing but if you start looking at the teams in West Tx and Far West Tx., it just doesn't add up without making teams travel 4+ hours for district games. There's just not enough 3A teams.

I also heard that Brady is moving back up and I think your right about them moving back in that district, but I saw somewhere that they turned in 397? as long as there are 6 teams in the districts there are enough teams. Greenwood Pecos Ft Stockton, clint, tornilo , fabens Then you have Snyder Andrews Seminole Lamesa Brownfield Lub Cooper. North you have Periton, Borger Dalhart Lubbock Estacado Leveland and Maybe Littlefield if they go up they are really close. That leaves Sweetwater, Wylie, Breck BWood Clyde and maybe Brady Or Glenrose. Sweetwater may go west but I doubt it.

Black_Magic
01-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I wonder if Snyder is going to schedule another 2A school to
avoid playing Sweetwater again, assuming they don't end up
in the same district. :thinking: :devil: :D Guess you have not heard . Snyder plays SW game week 1 or 2 unless in the same district. You really should be carefull in wishing for some things:devil: that 2A school would have beaten the ponys this year I think.

Adidas410s
01-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
being from Sweetwater...one would expect you to call it West Texas!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sweetwater Red
01-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Guess you have not heard . Snyder plays SW game week 1 or 2 unless in the same district. You really should be carefull in wishing for some things:devil: that 2A school would have beaten the ponys this year I think.

Scared of Snyder?:confused:

Ya'll had a great run this year. Congrats.:clap:

How many starters coming back next year? Like three?:thinking: :devil:

Texasfootball2
01-07-2008, 01:03 PM
as long as there are 6 teams in the districts there are enough teams. Greenwood Pecos Ft Stockton, clint, tornilo , fabens Then you have Snyder Andrews Seminole Lamesa Brownfield Lub Cooper. North you have Periton, Borger Dalhart Lubbock Estacado Leveland and Maybe Littlefield if they go up they are really close. That leaves Sweetwater, Wylie, Breck BWood Clyde and maybe Brady Or Glenrose. Sweetwater may go west but I doubt it.

They already have one Ghost District with there being no district 2. If you put those teams into six man districts you will eliminate another whole district, unless you start pulling teams like Celina and Frisco Wakeland into Reg. 1.

I think it's possible if they settle on five team districts in West Tx. With Brownwood moving down the School the UIL can push West to help balance the numbers is Sweetwater.

Sweetwater Red
01-07-2008, 01:07 PM
They already have one Ghost District with there being no district 2. If you put those teams into six man districts you will eliminate another whole district, unless you start pulling teams like Celina and Frisco Wakeland into Reg. 1.

I think it's possible if they settle on five team districts in West Tx. With Brownwood moving down the School the UIL can push West to help balance the numbers is Sweetwater.

Everyone is assuming Brownwood is going to be in region I. They
could very well end up in any of three regions.

Texasfootball2
01-07-2008, 01:29 PM
OK, After looking at it for the last couple of weeks. In my opinion, this is the best realigment for Reg. 1.

Dist 1 - Pecos, Ft. Stockton, Clint, Tornillo, Fabens, Monohans, *San Elizario(enrollment approx. 990)

Dist 2 - No Football

Dist 3 - *Andrews, Seminole, Brownfield, Lamesa, Lubbock Cooper

Dist 4 - Perryton, Borger, Dalhart, Leveland, *Canyon

Dist 5 - *Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater, Snyder, Midland Greenwood, Clyde.

Dist 6 - *Burkburnet, Iowa Park, Vernon, WF Hirschi, Bowie

Dist 7 - *Brownwood, Glen Rose, Breckenridge, Graham, Decatur, Bridgeport.

Dist 8 - *Fort Worth Carter Riverside, Argyle, Gainsville, Sanger, Celina
(Celina moves from Reg. 2, Riverside moves down 942))

* Denotes Big School

This is 38 schools, two more than last time. No four team districts.

For this to happen they would have to make the cutoff around 990. I think to balance out the numbers its very possible. This would also bring teams like Burnet down along with several others to balance out other regions. **Monohans could possibly put into District 3.

Black_Magic
01-07-2008, 01:42 PM
From what I hear from some folks at the UIL there will be no 4 or 5 team districts at all. only 6 or more teams this time around. If that happens then the pull of teams will go from the east toward the west . Not West toward the east as you have it here. your suggestion goes contrary to the trend.

Sweetwater Red
01-07-2008, 01:52 PM

Dist 5 - *Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater, Snyder, Midland Greenwood, Clyde.

Talk about easy travel. Straight up and down I-20. Snyder's on
HWY 84 which branches from I-20 eight miles west of Sweetwater.

Black_Magic
01-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Scared of Snyder?:confused:

How many starters coming back next year? Like three?:thinking: :devil: 5 on O and 6 on D boy thats scraping the bucket isnt it.;)

Texasfootball2
01-07-2008, 01:54 PM
From what I hear from some folks at the UIL there will be no 4 or 5 team districts at all. only 6 or more teams this time around. If that happens then the pull of teams will go from the east toward the west . Not West toward the east as you have it here. your suggestion goes contrary to the trend.

I agree, I was basically using the present region 1 teams, and pulling in a couple of reg. 2 teams. I also heard that they were going to try very hard to have only six teams districts or bigger. If thats the case the number may move over 1000. Several reasons why. Reason one is they have build several schools in the Houston area, and with the UIL rule of a Maximum of 245 schools in 5A, this will drive it up around 1000. The other reason would be this would bring another dozen schools into 3A with around seven or eight of these schools being in region 1, Schools like Alvarado, Big Spring, Pampa, Mineral Wells, Two El Paso Schools, and Ft. Worth Dunbar.

Bottom line is WHO KNOWS, the UIL is very unpredictable. But after jacking with it myself, I sympathize with them. It a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.:thumbsup:

Black_Magic
01-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Talk about easy travel. Straight up and down I-20. Snyder's on
HWY 84 which branches from I-20 eight miles west of Sweetwater. not happening. not this alignment. I highly doubt it. That senario has a ton of 5 team districts. they will go with 6+ this time around.

Black_Magic
01-07-2008, 01:57 PM
I agree, I was basically using the present region 1 teams, and pulling in a couple of reg. 2 teams. I also heard that they were going to try very hard to have only six teams districts or bigger. If thats the case the number may move over 1000. Several reasons why. Reason one is they have build several schools in the Houston area, and with the UIL rule of a Maximum of 245 schools in 5A, this will drive it up around 1000. The other reason would be this would bring another dozen schools into 3A with around seven or eight of these schools being in region 1, Schools like Alvarado, Big Spring, Pampa, Mineral Wells, Two El Paso Schools, and Ft. Worth Dunbar.

Bottom line is WHO KNOWS, the UIL is very unpredictable. But after jacking with it myself, I sympathize with them. It a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.:thumbsup: Instead of the worry about that max number of 5A schools they need to keep thier Eye on more important numbers FIRST like ENROLMENT:rolleyes: . if they need to go 6A. they need to quit protecting some sacred 5A cap or number.

Texasfootball2
01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Instead of the worry about that max number of 5A schools they need to keep thier Eye on more important numbers FIRST like ENROLMENT:rolleyes: . if they need to go 6A. they need to quit protecting some sacred 5A cap or number.

Amen:D it's time they update there bylaws. Having a 6A solves most all of the problems.

Ranger Mom
01-07-2008, 02:04 PM
So where is Anthony in all of this...moving up or down???

Black_Magic
01-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So where is Anthony in all of this...moving up or down??? Word is they dont want in 3a anymore and will play in 2a next time around.

Ranger Mom
01-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Word is they dont want in 3a anymore and will play in 2a next time around.

Thank goodness for that if we end up in that district!!

I'm afraid I won't make those games if that's the way we go!!

Daddy D 11
01-07-2008, 02:18 PM
here's what i heard from an 'inside source' :

District 18 will be Sweetwater, Liberty Hill, Celina, Gilmer, Ingram and Fort Stockton:D

Bigworm
01-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

District 18 will be Sweetwater, Liberty Hill, Celina, Gilmer, Ingram and Fort Stockton:D

Das WHACK!!!:smoker: :evilgrin:

Black_Magic
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Thank goodness for that if we end up in that district!!

I'm afraid I won't make those games if that's the way we go!! I think you gota 50/50 chance of going with pecos ect or back with us and lamesa seminol ect...

Daddy D 11
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM

with Snyder on the bubble:p

Sweetwater Red
01-07-2008, 02:21 PM

Looks like Celina, Ingram, Ft. Stockton, and Gilmer will be
fighting it out for third place.:thinking: :D

Daddy D 11
01-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Looks like Celina, Ingram, Ft. Stockton, and Gilmer will be
fighting it out for third place.:thinking: :D

exactly my thinking as well:D

tuff26
01-07-2008, 03:19 PM

I aGREE daddy except i hear perryton is in there as well

Texasfootball2
01-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Okay, did some more number crunching. Numbers are based on the fact that the UIL would like to balance out the numbers. Example, rumor has it that will try to have around 200 schools in 4A, 3A, and 2A. The only way they can achieve this is to set the 3A/4A cutoff at around 1025 +/-, depending on how many new 5A schools there are.

This would add around 23 new 3A schools while it would still lose two schools ( Royce City and Frisco Wakeland) for a net of 21 new 3A schools bring the total to about 198, depending on how many they lose to 2A because of the bottom moving up. The present 4A has 218, they would lose a net of 21 putting them at 197, depending on how many the gain at the top from the upward movement. 2A presently has 237 schools, so creating more 1A schools by moving the bottom up to even out the 2A schools at around 200 would be good for 1A. They already have it split up and could use more teams to balance out there division.

By now you probably think I'm crazy :crazy: and your probably right. Regardless, the next four weeks will be interesting and since we don't have any high school football games to talk about, realignment is the next best thing. Realignment is like talking about Div 1 college football playoffs, there are lots of ideas, nobody likes the present system nor will anybody like the changes that will be made. I can only hope and pray that they come up with a realigment systems that doesn't cater to FB &has kids traveling 3+ hr to play district games. I'm thinking of sports like Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, Soccer, etc....these sports play on school nights.

charlesrixey
01-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Okay, did some more number crunching. Numbers are based on the fact that the UIL would like to balance out the numbers. Example, rumor has it that will try to have around 200 schools in 4A, 3A, and 2A. The only way they can achieve this is to set the 3A/4A cutoff at around 1025 +/-, depending on how many new 5A schools there are.

This would add around 23 new 3A schools while it would still lose two schools ( Royce City and Frisco Wakeland) for a net of 21 new 3A schools bring the total to about 198, depending on how many they lose to 2A because of the bottom moving up. The present 4A has 218, they would lose a net of 21 putting them at 197, depending on how many the gain at the top from the upward movement. 2A presently has 237 schools, so creating more 1A schools by moving the bottom up to even out the 2A schools at around 200 would be good for 1A. They already have it split up and could use more teams to balance out there division.

By now you probably think I'm crazy :crazy: and your probably right. Regardless, the next four weeks will be interesting and since we don't have any high school football games to talk about, realignment is the next best thing. Realignment is like talking about Div 1 college football playoffs, there are lots of ideas, nobody likes the present system nor will anybody like the changes that will be made. I can only hope and pray that they come up with a realigment systems that doesn't cater to FB &has kids traveling 3+ hr to play district games. I'm thinking of sports like Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, Soccer, etc....these sports play on school nights.

makes sense if 6-team districts are to become real

celina would move into region I most likely if that is the case

Matthew328
01-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Lubbock Estacado is dropping....we know that...they turned in 925....Big Spring and Pampa are on the bubble...if they also drop that will help out the West Texas schools...Brownwood also being added in helps..I think the bottom end of 3A may go up also and big 2A's could move up like Early, Merkel etc......I could see a Region 2 district moving into Region 1....11-3A or 12-3A look like the most likley candidates...FW Dunbar, FW Carter-Riverside and Alvarado all could drop as well especially if the # is around 1000....

Black_Magic
01-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Top Number will be somewhere around 969 or 979. 989 tops. thats the average number it goes up every time about 30 kids per alignment.

Sweetwater Red
01-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Top Number will be somewhere around 969 or 979. 989 tops. thats the average number it goes up every time about 30 kids per alignment.

Who else is tentatively on Snyder's schedule?

Hill Man
01-08-2008, 10:56 AM

LH has a team plane right?
We are going to have to play all the games in Abilene to make it fair and simulcast back to all the home stadiums for the fans otherwise the gas bill is going be a killer.....:eek: :eek:

Texasfootball2
01-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
LH has a team plane right?
We are going to have to play all the games in Abilene to make it fair and simulcast back to all the home stadiums for the fans otherwise the gas bill is going be a killer.....:eek: :eek:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'll go for this as long as you play some of them on Sat. so I can attend:clap: :D

nobogey72
01-08-2008, 11:54 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'll go for this as long as you play some of them on Sat. so I can attend:clap: :D

TF2,

If some of these games are played out of Abilene, maybe we can use Wylie's team plane. Oh, I forgot, Wylie's recruiting coordinator uses it on Saturdays. :D

waterboy
01-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Who else is tentatively on Snyder's schedule?
Gilmer is on Snyder's pre-district schedule. The coaches have tentatively agreed on playing at Amon Carter Stadium in Ft. Worth for the next two years on a Saturday, with the teams alternating the home and away team advantage. Also, Liberty Hill and Gilmer have decided to play each other at Homer Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches the next two years in the same scenario on a Saturday. Celina will also be on Gilmer's schedule with the two teams being the opening game of the Trinity Mother Frances / Rose Stadium Kickoff Classic in Tyler on Thursday night. By the way, this is all just wishful thinking and I'm full of it.:D It sounded good though, didn't it?:evillol: :D

Texasfootball2
01-08-2008, 01:55 PM
I think it would be awesome if some of these teams would play each other in there non district schedules especially those who's enrollments where they know they won't play each other in the playoffs. Great Example: I would love to see Abilene Wylie and Celina play each. Celina is only a little farther than Decatur from Abilene and Wylie and Decatur have played each other in the past. Wylie will always be Div. 1 and for now Celina will always be Div 2 so they would not meet in the playoffs. This would be a great early season match up.

What are some games that you would like to see in non district action between Div 1 and Div 2 teams where the travel is reasonable???:thinking: :D

Daddy D 11
01-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Oh, I forgot, Wylie's recruiting coordinator uses it on Saturdays. :D

now that is funny:clap:

Daddy D 11
01-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Gilmer is on Snyder's pre-district schedule. The coaches have tentatively agreed on playing at Amon Carter Stadium in Ft. Worth for the next two years on a Saturday, with the teams alternating the home and away team advantage. Also, Liberty Hill and Gilmer have decided to play each other at Homer Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches the next two years in the same scenario on a Saturday. Celina will also be on Gilmer's schedule with the two teams being the opening game of the Trinity Mother Frances / Rose Stadium Kickoff Classic in Tyler on Thursday night. By the way, this is all just wishful thinking and I'm full of it.:D It sounded good though, didn't it?:evillol: :D

i believed the gilmer one, but when you mentioned celina i started to smell a certain stinch coming from my computer screen:D

Hill Man
01-08-2008, 02:08 PM
i believed the gilmer one, but when you mentioned celina i started to smell a certain stinch coming from my computer screen:D

that was from your upper lip....

Daddy D 11
01-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
that was from your upper lip....

woah:eek:

Black_Magic
01-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Who else is tentatively on Snyder's schedule? not set yet. So far its Abilene High, Odessa Permian, and Southlake Carol. Katy didnt want none.

Sweetwater is Playing a tough predistrict in o8

0 week Ft Worth School for the Blind
1 week Dallas Paraplegic
2 week Our Lady of the Bottomless lake New Mexico
3 Week Rosco Jr High
4 week Austin Metrosexual school of fashion design.
Then District starts

Daddy D 11
01-08-2008, 02:10 PM
not set yet. So far its Abilene High, Odessa Permian, and Southlake Carol. Katy didnt want none.

Sweetwater is Playing a tough predistrict in o8

0 week Ft Worth School for the Blind
1 week Dallas Paraplegic
2 week Our Lady of the Bottomless lake New Mexico
3 Week Rosco Jr High
4 week Austin Metrosexual school of fashion design.
Then District starts

you didnt include snyder in sweetwaters predistrict scuedule:p

Black_Magic
01-08-2008, 02:23 PM
We are the second one on the week 1. If Dallas Paraplegic cant make it then Snyder will play Sweetwater in week 1. Permian would then have to find another game.
Dont take Dallas Paraplegic to lightly! They won the Texas handicap bowl last year.
Sw Is playing Austin Metrosexual school of fashion design primarily because three of Sw Staff went to school there and graduated from there and then went on to coach there So they have close ties to AMSFD.

Daddy D 11
01-08-2008, 02:24 PM
hahahahahaha

IHStangFan
01-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by boudreaux
Gone are the days where mens families followed them around from town to town in the oilfield. They have their home base and when the husband is on his off days he goes home. Personally, I don't see the oil boom affecting the population of smaller towns. It does help out their economy by the fact that these workers spend their dollars eating and buying gas in these small towns. I would agree and disagree. It work/have worked very closely w/ the oilfield and associated services for many years now. It all depends on what kinda of "work" you are talking about....a hand that works a workover rig or something similar that moves every 3-6 weeks...I agree....a hand that works out of say..the Halliburton frac. yard in Midland/Odessa....not so much. He and his family would live somewhere in the area. So...yes and no.