PDA

View Full Version : No Disrespect Intended.............Part III

ILS1
01-05-2008, 02:04 PM
First, let me say that I totally respect the Celina Football progam. With all the success they've had in winning 8 State Championships in different classifications, is astounding!!! I don't think there's a program in Texas that can match their feats, right now. I have 2 questions:

1. When was the time Celina had a losing season? What was their record?

2. How many kids from Celina have gone to a Div. I college team?

Thanks.

:D :D :D :D

BobcatBenny
01-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I think you can look up the season records on WOS87's database.

To name a few Div. I players I know of off the top of my head.

Lynn
Ramer
Tune
Cherry
Craig
Blatnick
Clark
Franklin
Lynn, D.

I believe there have been others, but I just can't remember. Many go on to Div. II programs and other sports as well.

But admittedly, it is mostly team play that makes Celina so good. Individual star athletes will rarely win a championship (Vince Young one of the few exceptions).

What's your point?

ILS1
01-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Just interested? Every team has a down year. Just wondering if it has ever happened to Celina. That's all.

:eek: :eek: :D :D

BobcatBenny
01-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Well, there have definitely been some down seasons. I checked the database for you.

1983 was the last losing season.
1981 prior to that.
1964 prior to that.

But there have been down years depending on how one would define a down year.

runthequarter
01-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

yeah 12-2 lol

ILS1
01-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Well, there have definitely been some down seasons. I checked the database for you.

1983 was the last losing season.
1981 prior to that.
1964 prior to that.

WOW!!! 25 years since their last losing season!!! That's very impressive!!! Not wishing anything bad on them because like I said I totally respect their program. I'm confident EVERY team would LOVE to have a down year every 25 YEARS or more!!! But I don't see it happening to Celina anytime soon!!! Congrats on an OUTSTANDING program!!!

:D :D :D

Stownhorse
01-05-2008, 08:25 PM
How old is their Head Coach?

gato 76
01-05-2008, 08:58 PM
MAYBE IF THEY WERE COMING OUT OF REGION 3 THEY MIGHT NOT HAVE HAD THAT MANY TRIPS TO THE BIG DANCE.

RMAC
01-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
MAYBE IF THEY WERE COMING OUT OF REGION 3 THEY MIGHT NOT HAVE HAD THAT MANY TRIPS TO THE BIG DANCE.

Maybe not, but they're in RII, so they do have that many runs at the title. If you really think Celina isn't state material then you're just dumb.

gato 76
01-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Maybe not, but they're in RII, so they do have that many runs at the title. If you really think Celina isn't state material then you're just dumb.

HEY DUMMY I DID NOT SAY THERE WERE NOT STATE MATERIAL,BUT I JUST THINK THEY WOULD HAVE MORE TROUBLE COMING OUT OF REGION 3.

Jack_Daniels
01-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by gato 76

Might have had more?
They lost to Crawford who won it outta reg 2.

charlesrixey
01-06-2008, 11:46 AM
celina is 8-1 against region III teams in state championship games (so, theoretically, the best that team has to offer)

would a tougher average playoff schedule weeks 1-4 mean less trips to the finals? maybe, but celina has taken whatever has been put in front of them and won anyway

WOS87
01-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
celina is 8-1 against region III teams in state championship games (so, theoretically, the best that team has to offer)

Well.... actually, they're 7-1-1.

;)

That's wild that all 9 championship games were against Region III teams

charlesrixey
01-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Well.... actually, they're 7-1-1.

;)

That's wild that all 9 championship games were against Region III teams

SSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!

;)

Daddy D 11