PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Homecoming

pgamgt1982
10-25-2003, 10:10 PM
This is Week 9, Liberty's Homecoming in what should be another important victory for the Panthers as they host the Huffman Falcons. Liberty has played excellent in every aspect of the game, yet Huffman is not a team that you will get by with an easy win. The Panthers will have to work for this one, # 1 being that you have to contain their stud RB. By doing that, you should be able to take care of business from then on!!

Good Luck Panthers, on the way to a PERFECT SEASON.

Hupernikomen
10-25-2003, 11:01 PM
pgamgt1982:
The Panthers will have to work for this one, # 1 being that you have to contain their stud RB. By doing that, you should be able to take care of business from then on!!

Good Luck Panthers, on the way to a PERFECT SEASON.He is a very good back. As tough of a runner as you will find.

What are you guys thoughts of having to play such a tough game on homecoming week? Is that an advantage or disadvantage?

pgamgt1982
10-26-2003, 01:40 AM
Personally, I do not think Homecoming plays a negative roll in a teams performance, Not a good team anyway. Liberty has had some events as "TVE" go on during the Barbers Hill week and they played excellent. TVE is probably a more looked upon event in Liberty County than any particular school's Homecoming. I think Stewart will have their minds on winning an important football game instead of "who is going to be the queen"? LoL

pgamgt1982
10-26-2003, 05:54 AM
Huffman Falcons - Curtis Crew 1530 YDS Rushing, 22 TD's.

That is Running the ball HARD. Liberty must contain this guy to win!

RBARKER
10-26-2003, 11:48 AM
Thid is going to be a great game Huffmans Running back is good and the Huffman D is good also. This game could go either way and could cause a three way tie. Liberty will be tough at home and should come out victorious. Huffman is a 4 quarter team and plays well. good luck to the Panthers on their district run

thunder
10-26-2003, 02:56 PM
where is liberty? are you d.1 or d. 2

noitall
10-26-2003, 05:10 PM
Liberty is located between Houston and Beaumont on Hwy 90 next to Dayton and we will be Div 2

AggieJohn
10-26-2003, 06:39 PM
pgamgt1982:
This is Week 9, Liberty's Homecoming in what should be another important victory for the Panthers as they host the Huffman Falcons. Liberty has played excellent in every aspect of the game, yet Huffman is not a team that you will get by with an easy win. The Panthers will have to work for this one, # 1 being that you have to contain their stud RB. By doing that, you should be able to take care of business from then on!!

Good Luck Panthers, on the way to a PERFECT SEASON.who are you?
just curious...pm me if you want

pgamgt1982
10-27-2003, 02:40 AM
Give me some predictions on this game:

For those who want mine,

Liberty 34
Huffman 26

sahen
10-27-2003, 05:48 PM
I have to say Liberty's great running defense helps them win this one....20-7 (gotta have one missed extra point in there...for some reason it seems to be all too common in these games)

lbc05
10-27-2003, 09:45 PM
this will be one of the best games this week..liberty is known for shuting down great backs. if liberty plays how i know they can and dont beat themselves they should win.. keep your eye on the prize guys and you'll be fine ... as for the run defense it is once again stout, with all of the injurys healing up, look for some smashmouth football.

Liberty 21 Huffman 7
i think we might make all our extra points this week(just a feeling)!!!!!haha

Hupernikomen
10-27-2003, 10:00 PM
lbc05:
liberty is known for shuting down great backs.... as for the run defense it is once again stout, with all of the injurys healing up, look for some smashmouth football.
They are fixing to be up against a smashmouth running back that can score in a hurry. Should be an awesome game.

pgamgt1982
10-27-2003, 10:07 PM
I guess he didn't score quite enough vs. B-H huh'? Liberty's defense is definitely capable of stopping the run. Let Crew run up the middle and meet Havard at the LINE, we'll see who gets the credit, lol. Don't disagree that this kid is a finely tuned atheletic machine, but a defense full of atheletes and pure hard talent will defend any one man show. They have all year, and will not stop this week.

Liberty by 10

crunkandfocused
10-27-2003, 10:10 PM
lbc05:
this will be one of the best games this week..liberty is known for shuting down great backs. if liberty plays how i know they can and dont beat themselves they should win.. keep your eye on the prize guys and you'll be fine ... as for the run defense it is once again stout, with all of the injurys healing up, look for some smashmouth football.

Liberty 21 Huffman 7
i think we might make all our extra points this week(just a feeling)!!!!!hahaMy thoughts exactly. :D

AggieJohn
10-27-2003, 10:58 PM
pgamgt1982:
Huffman Falcons - Curtis Crew 1530 YDS Rushing, 22 TD's.

That is Running the ball HARD. Liberty must contain this guy to win!but i think it also shows that they are one dimensional

pgamgt1982
10-27-2003, 11:57 PM
Oh, absolutely. They are winning merely off a few good blocks here and there and a RB that gains positive yards by running full steem ahead. That is basically it, in the other aspects of football, their statistics aren't too strong at all. Definitely a one dimension team, living off the dives! Up the middle against Liberty won't cut it, better try to air it out, lol.

Good luck Panthers, on the way to a Perfect Reg. Season.

bubbabrown07
10-28-2003, 12:04 AM
Liberty does seem to have a certain knack for shutting down "stud" RB's.

I'll go Liberty by 14.

Go Liberty!

pgamgt1982
10-28-2003, 01:34 AM
One or Two Touchdowns, I have not decided yet. This pending on how well they contain the presumed stud RB from Huffman. Liberty will win this game, and I suppose that is all that matters.

My predictions have been pretty accurate so far this year, I am 7-1 on the year. Hopefully, my Panthers will not let me down once again.

Good Luck Panhers, 03' District Champs

crunkandfocused
10-28-2003, 02:17 AM
I haven't seen Huffman play, but from what I've heard on these boards and from the looks of the stats, Huffman is a "big play" team. Liberty has done quite well shutting down the big plays, i.e. Barbers Hill game, allowing only 1 or 2 big plays the whole game. I suspect Huffman will have a big play or two in the first half resulting in a TD, but mistakes will be corrected at the half and Liberty will not allow anymore points. Huffman will have to consistantly drive the ball down the field and use up a lot of time on the clock to have a chance to win. Liberty 21, Huffman 7.

pgamgt1982
10-28-2003, 03:48 AM
Well, it isn't so much big plays or break-away plays. They are basically driving the ball down peoples throat for four quarters. There RB is getting 30+ carries a game, and he is averaging 8 yards a pop. With a lot of carries and a lot of running the ball, they have been producing high point games, although they have not played a Defense as Liberty's. This will be a close game, due to that specific reason. Huffman will do all they can with there running game, but they will come up short, and my Panthers will have there way with the Opt. and Swiftly will carry for 100+ and Shane will throw for 100+ with maybe a score on special teams.

Prediction:
Liberty 29
Huffman 20

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 02:51 AM: Message edited by: pgamgt1982 ]</small>

exbccards76'smom
10-28-2003, 06:30 AM
Ya'll have a great and safe Homecoming this week. http://fp.funfiles.plus.com/animated_emoticons/emotes_p/pumpkin_cat.gif

Xpanther03
10-28-2003, 10:23 AM
portier, those are nice pics on your signature... i know for a fact that one is the best time an aggie can have now-a-days, maybe one day we'll get our fire back... but in the meantime, beat the hell outta huffman...

oh by-the-by is liberty having a bonfire this year?

crunkandfocused
10-29-2003, 12:21 AM
Good question Bob. What's up on the bonfire guys?

AggieJohn
10-29-2003, 03:19 PM
Xpanther03:
portier, those are nice pics on your signature... i know for a fact that one is the best time an aggie can have now-a-days, maybe one day we'll get our fire back... but in the meantime, beat the hell outta huffman...

oh by-the-by is liberty having a bonfire this year?thanks and gig'em...we should go to yell before the t.u. game for kicks

Wildcat81
10-29-2003, 03:26 PM
Liberty has the momentum going thier way. Ya'll have a safe Homecoming.

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpg

AggieJohn
10-30-2003, 02:30 AM
definately going to be good....huffman is a sleeper..they've put out a couple of NCAA D1 players the last couple of years...and this crew is not an exception to that....

Xpanther03
10-30-2003, 11:23 AM
liberty has obviously learned to suck everything up in adversity and play cohesively as a unit... that's their most dangerous aspect... so i look for another solid game from this unit

AggieJohn
10-30-2003, 03:15 PM
Xpanther03:
liberty has obviously learned to suck everything up in adversity and play cohesively as a unit... that's their most dangerous aspect... so i look for another solid game from this uniti thinkk if they don't get special teams right before playoffs that could be killer for them...they have to start being automatic

pgamgt1982
10-30-2003, 09:46 PM
Oh yah, two wins on thursday night. That's a good sign, when your younger teams win, being that the younger teams aren't having overwhelming success this year. The Varsity squad is definitely ready for this game. All eyes on the Liberty Panthers. Make it there early, you might get to see a big play on the opening series for the Panthers. I predict that they will come out strong, a score within 4 plays.

Liberty by 10. Go Panthers!!!

pgamgt1982
10-30-2003, 10:31 PM
It's going to be the:

Curtis Crew O VS A Pack of Panthers

I'M YO HUCKLEBERRY !!!

LOL

theonly11
10-30-2003, 10:50 PM
I’m not gonna say much, cuz its not our style. I’m not gonna say anything about huffman.
Liberty has waited a long time for this game. we’re ready to play and should come out
fired up. no predictions, just gonna let the scoreboard do all the talkin. hope to see you all
at the game.