PDA

View Full Version : Celina Thread: Let's not get it deleted or locked

Sweetwater Red
01-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Admittedly I could care less about Celina.

But the success Celina has had made me want to ask these
questions. So I am not trying to create a thread that gets locked
or deleted.

Would the level of success that Celina obtained this season
ultimately satisfy the Bobcat fans and alum?

Or would they expect every poster on this board to declare
them the greatest team ever in addition to winning the SC?

What is the thought of the 3ADL faithful?

setxsports
01-04-2008, 05:47 PM
I would like to see how Celina would do in region 3!

turbostud
01-04-2008, 05:51 PM
I think they are the greatest team ever. they got the hardware, the records, and the tradition to back it up.

turbostud
01-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Its a shame that posters are reduced to putting "lets not get it locked or deleted" in the thread title.

BobcatBenny
01-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Its a shame that posters are reduced to putting "lets not get it locked or deleted" in the thread title.
Well, I have to put it on myself because very often I am creating threads to stir the pot. My fault really. :D

I bring it on myself, but I really was looking at A&M's season and it was not really as bad as one might have thought.

So, I was trying to talk about it a little without bringing the mods down on it.

But this thread is funny. :clap: (only one clap though)

STANG RED
01-04-2008, 06:49 PM
I think I'll call this little soap opera "As The Pot is Stirred".:D

Old Tiger
01-04-2008, 07:17 PM
If Celina were in region III IMO they would still make deep runs but I don't know how many title games they could make it to.

runthequarter
01-04-2008, 08:07 PM
LH is still better right now. Last team to beat them and have been back to back. Until Celina beats LH again or Celina wins back to back LH is ahead. Right now. In the past sure Celina has a great history but now, today, this minute LH is better.

bobcat1
01-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Here comes more http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9949/blahblahsh5.gif http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9949/blahblahsh5.gif http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9949/blahblahsh5.gif Here comes the Mods! http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7443/madgal5ke.gif http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7443/madgal5ke.gifhttp://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7443/madgal5ke.gifhttp://img518.imageshack.us/img518/89/popcorn7cl.gif Run Benny!http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1090/runner7uf.gif

runthequarter
01-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Just stating facts.

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Good grief, I haven't really posted for several weeks and you guys are still debating this "stuff".....:doh: :rolleyes:

Talk about beating that dead horse...not much has changed.:)

STANG RED
01-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Good grief, I haven't really posted for several weeks and you guys are still debating this "stuff".....:doh: :rolleyes:

Talk about beating that dead horse...not much has changed.:)

Back off lady!!! Or I'll be forced to turn this into a Sweetwater/Snyder thread. That'll learn ya.:p :D

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Back off lady!!! Or I'll be forced to turn this into a Sweetwater/Snyder thread. That'll learn ya.:p :D

hahaha...I guess it COULD get worse! ;) :D

runthequarter
01-04-2008, 10:03 PM
At least Celina and Liberty Hill have won something. Im sure that will start it.

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by runthequarter
At least Celina and Liberty Hill have won something. Im sure that will start it.

hahaha...at least you will be on the same side....I like it! :D

Spaceman_Spiff
01-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Celina is good...I saw that firsthand across the football field...LH is probably better at this point IMO...but hope to face either one of them at some point next year.

Fletch
01-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by runthequarter
LH is still better right now. Last team to beat them and have been back to back. Until Celina beats LH again or Celina wins back to back LH is ahead. Right now. In the past sure Celina has a great history but now, today, this minute LH is better.

I respectfully disagree.

You make it sound like LH won in decisive fashion last year. Celina missed 2 extra points and a field goal from extra point distance. LH hit a last second field goal to break a tie.. If anything, Celina was a hair ahead in all but the kicker.

This year, there is no telling, because they didn't play. Both beat everybody they faced to win their bracket. You can make a case for either one. Congrats to both. Sheeeeesh.

Truth be told, IMO the '05 Celina team was better than the last 2.

pirate4state
01-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Here comes more http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9949/blahblahsh5.gif http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9949/blahblahsh5.gif http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9949/blahblahsh5.gif Here comes the Mods! http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7443/madgal5ke.gif http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7443/madgal5ke.gifhttp://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7443/madgal5ke.gifhttp://img518.imageshack.us/img518/89/popcorn7cl.gif Run Benny!http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1090/runner7uf.gif

What is it you think we need to do??

Do those smilies have curlers in their hair??

:D

runthequarter
01-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Benny you aren’t fast enough.
Yeah they do look like curlers now that you mention it
I hadn’t really thought of that, but yeah could be, or antennas?

CelinaTurf
01-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Admittedly I could care less about Celina.

But the success Celina has had made me want to ask these
questions. So I am not trying to create a thread that gets locked
or deleted.

Would the level of success that Celina obtained this season
ultimately satisfy the Bobcat fans and alum?

Or would they expect every poster on this board to declare
them the greatest team ever in addition to winning the SC?

What is the thought of the 3ADL faithful?

The thing is, Celina fans are always satisfied. Our players take the field and walk off winners, no matter what. We believe God, country, family, football and then, at the bottom of the list, after a sturdy toilet paper, is debating that fact with people that don't live here.

However, having taken care of the daily regiment, thought I'd debate a bit. Have a good night and remember, there aint no shame in not knowing the truth....there's only ignorance.

Ranger Mom
01-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Wow...I have been out of it for a while. I didn't realize we had even deleted or locked any Celina threads!!:crazy1:

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Fletch
I respectfully disagree.

You make it sound like LH won in decisive fashion last year. Celina missed 2 extra points and a field goal from extra point distance. LH hit a last second field goal to break a tie.. If anything, Celina was a hair ahead in all but the kicker.

Fumbles, red zone, dropped TD pass ring a bell to you? :hand:

BobcatBenny
01-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Don't worry LHPM.

If Liberty Hill keeps winning State Championships, they won't be in Celina's shadow for very long.

:eek:

bobcat1
01-05-2008, 06:53 AM

I knew you would like those and capture them for your own. :D

bobcat1
01-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Fumbles, red zone, dropped TD pass ring a bell to you? :hand: I remember the dropped TD pass. I remember fumbles being knocked the heck out by defenders. On our side I remember being in the red zone 3 times and coming up empty. I remember your defense stopping us because we did not execute and your defense could of had something to do with that. We did not play well enough to win and you did. Congrats!

This state game we played well enough to win. It was a great game though we did not play our best. D'Anton Lynn played the entire game except his first play with a broken shoulder blade. That's mental toughness if I ever saw it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

3afan
01-05-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
I think they are the greatest team ever. they got the hardware, the records, and the tradition to back it up.

obviously not the greatest team ever - in fact, far from it

but, best program in Texas the past 2 decades --- maybe so

if not the best one of the best 2 or 3

Fletch
01-05-2008, 11:59 AM

LOL! So with 6 seconds left Celina only had 19 points due to LH's wonderful defense, but on the other hand LH only had 19 points due to their own mistakes. Great logic! :confused:

And people say Celina folks are conceited????

BullFrog Dad
01-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Talk about beating that dead horse...not much has changed.:) She's Right! School starts back Monday and we basically have a bunch of young men debating which is the best group of young men. Hmmm. Boys head to the mall (Lakes/Beaches-Summer, Malls-Winter) and find some babes! Or maybe you guys would prefer to sit-in by yourself and converse to other guys about which is the better group of young men.

Daddy D 11
01-05-2008, 03:38 PM
LOL! So with 6 seconds left Celina only had 19 points due to LH's wonderful defense, but on the other hand LH only had 19 points due to their own mistakes. Great logic! :confused:

you are twisting her words and making them sounds more blunt than they were. everyone on here realizes its over and done with.

but a fourth down stop is not a mistake on yalls part, its a fourth down stop:D

and to bobcat1, i remember ONE of the fumbles as a result of a hellicious hit from a bobcat:eek:

LH Panther Mom
01-05-2008, 03:53 PM

I didn't say that at all. To say "if not for the missed PAT's & FG Celina was better" is really a moot point. I have read Celina people saying the reason they lost is due to their own mistakes. Celina lost because they made mistakes? If I were conceited, I would state "we didn't beat them worse because we made mistakes". Amazingly enough, MISTAKES HAPPEN. If there is a team anywhere that plays mistake free every second of every game, then please tell me who it is, because that is a team I would like to watch. :)

Daddy D 11
01-05-2008, 03:59 PM
exactly LHPM, its about who makes the LEAST AMOUNT of mistakes.

and we obviously did :D

alaskacat
01-05-2008, 06:52 PM

None of that is new LH averages 3 turnovers per game every game las year and they just did what they always do....

Jack_Daniels
01-05-2008, 08:08 PM
LH won.

BILLYFRED0000
01-05-2008, 08:10 PM
You know LH used to be in 2A too and had as many shots to get titles as we had. So when they get up to 5 or 6 then they will be in our league or at least close.....:D

gato 76
01-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by **********
I would like to see how Celina would do in region 3!

THEY WOULD BE VERY GOOD,BUT WOULD NOT HAVE ALL THOSE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS.

BILLYFRED0000
01-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
THEY WOULD BE VERY GOOD,BUT WOULD NOT HAVE ALL THOSE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Why not. Every team we beat for titles were region 3 except one.

gato 76
01-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

WHAT I MEAN IS THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO FACE 2 OR 3 STATE CALIBER TEAMS JUST TO MAKE IT TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

bobcat1
01-06-2008, 06:40 AM
WHAT I MEAN IS THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO FACE 2 OR 3 STATE CALIBER TEAMS JUST TO MAKE IT TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. Uh No.:doh: :hand:

c bobcats run
01-06-2008, 08:39 AM

OOOOOOOOOO punk out. Hit him again Billy!!

BILLYFRED0000
01-06-2008, 08:40 AM
WHAT I MEAN IS THAT THEY WOULD HAVE TO FACE 2 OR 3 STATE CALIBER TEAMS JUST TO MAKE IT TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Not even. You do realize that the brackets are seeded so that you face the best left over only at the region finals right? Win that game then play weak region 4. So you might face one team that is really good every year once you hit the playoffs.

3afan
01-06-2008, 09:02 AM
FYI - UIL playoff brackets are NOT "seeded" except for certain sports when they reach the final 4 (hoops, baseball, softball, soccer)

:thumbsup:

CelinaTurf
01-06-2008, 12:55 PM
You know what I think....I think Coach Ford is a Christian man who puts God first and because of that he has the favor of God, coupled with know-how and a program that seeds with kids that buy in and believe. I think the city of Celina represents that truth and I think the people here in the city practice what they preach and try to be respectful of themselves and their opponents. I think that a lot of time is wasted hypothesizing about things that already happened and things that aint gonna happen any time soon. Celina has the history, the current record and a future full of tradition. That's it boys. There aint nothin else out there. Call it favor, expertise, know-how, tradition, skill, or all the above, but accept it for what it is.....a small Texas town that knows how to play some stellar football...with the best of 'em. I'm glad I live here, glad my boy goes here and thankful that hs football starts again in 7 1/2 short months. You fella's can debate it until you're orange in the face from it, but it aint ever gonna change the truth.

boudreaux
01-06-2008, 02:59 PM
You dont do what he and others have done there w/o doing things right.

Daddy D 11
01-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by boudreaux
You dont do what he and others have done there w/o doing things right.

true, Vance (LH's coach) had a great article written about him and how the UIL director had a long, long list of great things to say about him and the job he is doing with the athletic department.

both communities have tons of things going right these days:clap:

BILLYFRED0000
01-06-2008, 04:06 PM
I respectfully disagree.

This year, there is no telling, because they didn't play. Both beat everybody they faced to win their bracket. You can make a case for either one. Congrats to both. Sheeeeesh.

Truth be told, IMO the '05 Celina team was better than the last 2.

Yeah I think you are right about that one.
That was one stout team that year.
Gave up 75 points for the year and scored 802.

BILLYFRED0000
01-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
FYI - UIL playoff brackets are NOT "seeded" except for certain sports when they reach the final 4 (hoops, baseball, softball, soccer)

:thumbsup:

O contraire mis ami.... The winner plays the number 3 team in the bracket first.
The next best in area is usually number one to number 2. The region semii's is the first chance of two teams meeting that might be number one. And then the region finals. So two of the first four games are "seeded" by the design of the brackets and then at round 3 it begins to even out.

BILLYFRED0000
01-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
true, Vance (LH's coach) had a great article written about him and how the UIL director had a long, long list of great things to say about him and the job he is doing with the athletic department.

both communities have tons of things going right these days:clap:

You are right here for sure. Vance had been there 7 years. Takes about that long for the system to work up from the jr high level to the varsity. GA came back to Celina in 88 and in 95 we won. So you can see a man and his system works in a town like LH where there is probably one
large JR high that he has his system in. He is obviously a great coach and can get the boys to believe in the system and each other. That is what it takes.
One reason why large schools do not do as well is the lack of control of the younger teams and the lack of cohesion of the players ans coaching staff's.

NastySlot
01-06-2008, 09:22 PM
O contraire mis ami.... The winner plays the number 3 team in the bracket first.
The next best in area is usually number one to number 2. The region semii's is the first chance of two teams meeting that might be number one. And then the region finals. So two of the first four games are "seeded" by the design of the brackets and then at round 3 it begins to even out.

I'm lost with this...playoffs aren't seeded....it is possible for for two 10-0 district champs to meet in the DI playoffs (first round)...if both 10-0 teams are the largest in their districts.

BILLYFRED0000
01-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Just go look at the brackets. District champs play runners up or third place teams depending on how d1 and d2 play out in the first round. Usually the second round is more of the same. Round 3 can have district champs of two districts playing each other. But usually not before.

3afan
01-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Just go look at the brackets. District champs play runners up or third place teams depending on how d1 and d2 play out in the first round. Usually the second round is more of the same. Round 3 can have district champs of two districts playing each other. But usually not before.

absolutely correct - but thats not "seeding" - its just the design of the bracket

the NCAA tourny brackets are "seeeded:

I know - semantics :p

Sweetwater Red
01-07-2008, 09:45 AM
How did my Celina appreciation thread get turned into Celina
vs. Liberty Hill?:confused: :devil: :D

NastySlot
01-07-2008, 11:20 AM

I think I understand what your saying about this...but it almost like the other guy said though...it's not really a seeding based on strength of a team........it might be very simular to the nfl playoffs.

Runnin Panther
01-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by CelinaTurf
You know what I think....I think Coach Ford is a Christian man who puts God first and because of that he has the favor of God, coupled with know-how and a program that seeds with kids that buy in and believe. I think the city of Celina represents that truth and I think the people here in the city practice what they preach and try to be respectful of themselves and their opponents. I think that a lot of time is wasted hypothesizing about things that already happened and things that aint gonna happen any time soon. Celina has the history, the current record and a future full of tradition. That's it boys. There aint nothin else out there. Call it favor, expertise, know-how, tradition, skill, or all the above, but accept it for what it is.....a small Texas town that knows how to play some stellar football...with the best of 'em. I'm glad I live here, glad my boy goes here and thankful that hs football starts again in 7 1/2 short months. You fella's can debate it until you're orange in the face from it, but it aint ever gonna change the truth.

I kept my fingers quite for a long time when it comes to this subject but when you start stating that God favors Celina over other football programs enough is enough. There are a lot of Christian coaches, players and communities in the state of Texas. For you guys to think that ya’ll are more blessed with God’s favor it the height of arrogance. And then you guys sit back and wonder why people aren’t constantly singing your praises.

You have a successful program because you have good coaches, kids that work hard and a system they believe in.

And since I am on a rant here goes, Celina won one 1 state championship in 3A and 7 2A championships, would they have won in 3A who know maybe, maybe not. While I think that the 2A record is remarkable you didn’t do in 3A, therefore it doesn’t count in your 3A record keeping. Sorry.

So the answer to Sweetwater Red original question is apparently YES, Celina expects every poster on this board to declare them the greatest team ever in addition to winning the SC? Win a few more 3A Championships and then maybe you can be declared the best 3A program in the state.

piratebg
01-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I swear this may never end. :rolleyes:

pirate4state
01-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I swear this may never end. :rolleyes: It might if Burnet moves back down to 3A!!! :devil:

NastySlot
01-07-2008, 02:48 PM

Lets keep this going until next season...heres a little gasoline for the fire....there are some that would say Celina would beat LH on any day ending with y.........In LH they would say that LH beats Celina on days that ends in y.

Ranger Mom
01-07-2008, 02:48 PM
It might if Burnet moves back down to 3A!!! :devil:

In all my "January's" on the downlow, I don't remember hearing about the accolades of one team SO much at this time of the year!!

What happened to our normal offseason fun???

This is getting B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!

Runnin Panther
01-07-2008, 02:49 PM

Hey I have stayed out of this argument, but bring up God’s favor it too much!

And I agree talk about beating a dead horse.

piratebg
01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/skippy590/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Poor horse :(

Ranger Mom
01-07-2008, 02:52 PM

At least it's dead and doesn't have to listen to it anymore!!!:p

pirate4state
01-07-2008, 02:53 PM

wow this reminded me of Office Space without the bat & fax machine :clap: :D

Daddy D 11
01-07-2008, 02:54 PM
wow this reminded me of Office Space without the bat & fax machine :clap: :D

Wheres my stapler? :hairpunk: :flaming:

LH Panther Mom
01-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Wheres my stapler? :hairpunk: :flaming:
I was using it this morning. :devil:

Runnin Panther
01-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
At least it's dead and doesn't have to listen to it anymore!!!:p

Now that funny:rolleyes: :D :D

Sweetwater Red
01-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Well, I have to put it on myself because very often I am creating threads to stir the pot. My fault really. :D

I bring it on myself, but I really was looking at A&M's season and it was not really as bad as one might have thought.

So, I was trying to talk about it a little without bringing the mods down on it.

But this thread is funny. :clap: (only one clap though)

For those that missed it, this is way the thread was even
started. It has since served it's purpose. If it's boring or
annoying, feel free to lock or move the thread. I need to start
a Sweetwater vs. Snyder thread anyway.:thinking: :D

Ranger Mom
01-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
For those that missed it, this is way the thread was even
started. It has since served it's purpose. If it's boring or
annoying, feel free to lock or move the thread. I need to start
a Sweetwater vs. Snyder thread anyway.:thinking: :D

Just because I am bored with all the "woulda coulda shoulda" talk, doesn't mean everyone else is!!;)

BobcatBenny
01-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Oh come on Ranger Mom!

http://images.chron.com/photos/2008/01/03/9388280/166xGeneric.jpg

If Orange is good enough for Mark Mangino, it is good enough for you too! :D