PDA

View Full Version : Have you planned your 3A weekend?

Old Cardinal
11-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Ole "Class of 85" and I are planning to catch the Jasper/Mexia game in Huntsville Friday night. Stay over and catch the Newton/Teague contest at 2:00 Pm Saturday. And of course, see the Bridge City/Barbers Hill big shootout in Baytown at 7 PM....What are your plans for 3A Playoff football this weekend?

Jimbotex40
11-11-2002, 09:11 PM
i'll go to the Forney/WP game on friday

who in DFW plays satuday though?

Matthew328
11-11-2002, 09:16 PM
On Friday night I'll be at the Kennedale-Bridgeport game...Saturday afternoon I'll be checking out Everman-Lake Dallas

DAWG 54
11-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Old Card, I think you have a plan. I was thinking on doing the same thing. I was already staying so we didn't have to drive. What are you're thoughts on the game? (both games)

Jasper - 35
Mexia - 14

Newton - 21
Teague - 7

YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!

Old Cardinal
11-11-2002, 09:24 PM
I think maybe Jasper 45 Mexia 7 and Newton 32 Teague 8. What is a good motel for the price in Huntsville?........I don't think these people across Texas realize just how strong Jasper appears to be.....I think that they want receive a challenge for several games.

DAWG 54
11-11-2002, 09:38 PM
Card I wish I could tell you a good price, but I have relatives in Huntsville (not the BIG HOUSE) that I will be staying with.

From what I have heard Mexia is fast but not that big on the lines. For the last several games Jorrie Adams as been playing on defense, he is almost unbeleivable to see him run and move for as big as he is.

trojandad
11-11-2002, 10:02 PM
Old Card, your showing your age......Huntsville is a college town, you should know all the motels will be filled on a weekend night. LOL

We will be doing the same on Saturday afternoon and evening with several Coldspring players after our Friday night game. Will be a great weekend of football.

Can't help you with motels there. For once it's an advantage being on Lake Livingston, west to Huntsville then south to Baytown. Hope to see you there. We'll be the ones in Coldspring attire. (duh) Good luck to you guys.

SintonFan
11-11-2002, 10:24 PM
Old Cardinal, I'll be working Friday. So Saturday I get to watch Sinton playing Hondo at Buc stadium. I wish your team the best in the playoffs. I hope your team an injury-free playoffs, too.

sinton66
11-11-2002, 10:38 PM
Tomball is only about 9 miles from where I am, so I'm thinking of going Friday night and watch Bellville beat Giddings, then drive down Saturday morning to catch Sinton.

OldSchoolBulldog
11-12-2002, 12:07 AM
sinton66:
Tomball is only about 9 miles from where I am, so I'm thinking of going Friday night and watch Bellville beat Giddings, then drive down Saturday morning to catch Sinton.What stadium will Sinton be playing in on Saturday??

AP_OLB_1
11-12-2002, 12:12 AM
most likely me and my friends and teamates are goin to go watch BH and BC... weve played both and i think its goin to be a great game

Old Green
11-12-2002, 06:53 AM
I'll be at Victoria Memorial all Weekend.
Gonzales-Wharton Friday night 7:30
Cuero- Rice Consolidated Saturday at 2:00
Yoakum-Edna Saturday 7:30 PM
It's Going to be a great weekend of Football.
Good luck to all teams and have an injury free game.

bc 76
11-12-2002, 08:06 AM
My weekend will start early.Thursday night i will be at the Bay City-LaMarque game at mercer stadium in sugarland,then friday night i will be in victoria for the wharton-gonzales game,then on sat night i will travel to humble to have dinner with my girlfriend.

PPHSfan
11-12-2002, 09:10 AM
Richardson Texas Friday at 7:30 for Commerce vs Pilot Point, Then the triple header in Mt. Pleasant Saturday afternoon. Whew, thats 8 Dr. Peppers, Four Frito Pies, Four Nachos, and a chance to disagree with the Zebra's in four different games in two days. Gonna be a blast. :D

nasa
11-12-2002, 11:05 AM
will watch jasper-mexia friday
will watch newton-teague saturday

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-12-2002, 12:39 PM
TFINT will be on location Friday in Richardson, Texas for Pilot Point vs. Commerce. Why? It's right around the corner from his apartment!!!! And also to see G.A. Moore in action....WHAT AN HONOR!!!! :D

Saturday, if possible, TFINT and friends will travel down to San Antonio to watch Bandera vs. La Vernia and do a lil' scouting! :p

o'cowboy
11-12-2002, 12:53 PM
Victoria Memorial Watching the district 27 vs district 28 match-ups...

pirate4state
11-12-2002, 02:40 PM
Old Cardinal:
I think maybe Jasper 45 Mexia 7 and Newton 32 Teague 8. What is a good motel for the price in Huntsville?........I don't think these people across Texas realize just how strong Jasper appears to be.....I think that they want receive a challenge for several games.Old Cardinal, prices in Huntsville are low end (if you're lucky $40) and as high as $100 for hotels closer to the university. Check with the Econo-Lodge off I-45 (they usually have decent prices). There is also a Motel 6 (or Super 8), Days Inn, places like that. I'd call ahead. Good Luck & have a safe trip.

big daddy russ
11-12-2002, 03:24 PM
thursday i'm gonna be up in sugarland... me and my sis are going to check out bay city... friday, in beeville watching ap and cotulla... saturday afternoon in corpus watching sinton... i'm going to call and find out if pettus plays saturday night, if they do i want to check out that little team...

MASH4077
11-12-2002, 03:45 PM
Friday nite at Southlake for Decatur vs Glen Rose,Saturday at Birdville for Stephenville vs Western Hills at 1:30, and Sat. nite at Northwest for Iowa Park vs Comanche.

bc 76
11-12-2002, 04:11 PM
Hey big daddy russ just wondering if you know somebody on the bay city team.I think bay city has a real good chance to beat LaMarque.Bay City has a lot more playoff experience than LaMarque,chad morris teams always turn it up a notch come playoff time.

duckbutter
11-12-2002, 04:34 PM
Going to Huntsville Friday night to watch Jasper whoop Mexia, spending the night then watching Newton whoop Teague Sat. and then TRY to make it to Nacogdoches to watch Kirbyville. Thought my wife was having a stroke when I informed her of our plans for the weekend.

Ranger Mom
11-12-2002, 05:07 PM
My and hubby will be going to see Sweetwater vs. Kermit Friday night. Greenwood vs. Denver City Saturday at 1:00, and then on to Odessa to see 2A Crane (Greenwood's old rival) vs. Post.

big daddy russ
11-12-2002, 05:39 PM
bc 76:
Hey big daddy russ just wondering if you know somebody on the bay city team.I think bay city has a real good chance to beat LaMarque.Bay City has a lot more playoff experience than LaMarque,chad morris teams always turn it up a notch come playoff time.i don't know anyone personally, but my sister used to know some people from there. really, though, we just wanted to see a good football game and the stars were aligned with the game being on thursday and all. i do have know some people who have kids from 5A corpus christi carroll, and they said that when carroll and bc met up earlier this year there was no contest. bc mopped 'em up. i don't know too much about la marque, but i know that they bring it every year and they supposedly have another good squad up there this year. should be a good game.

St. Ivender
11-12-2002, 06:16 PM
Jasper vs. Mexia Friday night, Newton vs Teague Saturday afternoon. I'm telling my wife I'm going deer hunting.