PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel players and fans

Specklebelly
12-07-2003, 12:26 AM
A big congrats goes out to your team, fans, and community. Ive never in my life seen a game between two teams where the defense of each team was completely at the mercy of the other offense the entire game. I knew when this game went to OT, it was going to come down to one defensive play and your team made it. I can think of at least 15 other times where the game was on the line and the offense made the play. This was just an outstanding offensive game. It just makes me want to puke that we were on the short end of this thing. Its certainly a game to never forget. It will probably haunt me for the rest of my life wondering if we could have pulled it off if our best player doesnt leave the game hurt in the 3rd quarter. Thats just part of the game though.

I always find it amusing when I see games such as this one where the talk on the message board is its most heated, and then the players almost always seem to have the greatest deal of respect for one another during the game. This was just a clean, great game. Good luck to your team the rest of the way.

<small>[ December 06, 2003, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Specklebelly ]</small>

Bellville22
12-07-2003, 12:54 AM
Congrats Tarps. Not many people outside PI gave you a chance, but you proved yourself to the state. And WHAT A GAME!!! You must be exhausted.

No time to rest, you get a very good and very athletic Marlin team next week, should be another great game.

Please post time and place when it's available.

Tarpon2004
12-07-2003, 01:15 AM
WHAT A GAME! WHAT A GAME!..WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS THE INTENSITY OF THIS GAME...Hats off to Rice I knew this would not be an easy win at all...Yall are an awesome team......

P.I will either play at 12PM or 7PM on Saturday depending on what time the bigger schools want to play their game at in ALAMODOME...see yall there....PEACE

footballgal
12-07-2003, 01:23 AM
At the Alamodome? I was hoping it be at the Stadium again, much more cozy then the Alamodome is just too big IMO, but I guess where they tell us to play that's where I will be.

PI-fan
12-07-2003, 01:26 AM
That game was awesome and thanks for the congrats specklebelly. That was the most nerve-wrecking game i've been to in a very long long time. Now i see how Spears got those yards that guy can fly.

And i agree Bellville22 'Not many people outside PI gave the Tarps a chance'

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: PI-fan ]</small>

Haunta Yo
12-07-2003, 03:35 AM
Wow!!!!

intocable_cowboy
12-07-2003, 07:34 AM
congrats PI, take it all the way.

BrahmaMom
12-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Sounds like a great game and a well-earned win! Wish they sold tapes of all these games, so we could all see them all!

msgp
12-07-2003, 11:04 AM
The Raiders had nothing but respect for P.I. going into this game and the Tarpons proved that they deserved that respect. This is a game that all involved and in attendance will talk about for the rest of our lives. I had said that it takes a little luck along with talent to win from this point on. Lady Luck did not smile on the Raiders with our MVP going out in the second half injured. But the Raiders continued to fight. They have grown accustomed to adversity this year - their coach with his legal trouble which is still being argued in the local press weekly, their quarterback breaking his ankle mid-season, the flu attacking almost the entire team over the course of the season. They stayed focused on their goal throughout it all. They are the finest group of young men I have ever taught.

Tarpons you are a class act and appear to be just as focused as the Raiders. Take it all the way now! Playing you was a great experience. If we had to lose out somewhere along the way I'm glad it was to you. Maybe you are the Cinderella team of '03.

footballgal
12-07-2003, 12:24 PM
Thanks msgp! It was a great game, no doubt.

I think the team did well without Spears (who by the way in my opinion, needs to stop jumping in the air like that when he runs, as I saw him do that the 1st time, I though that's a good way to hurt yourself, a rb rule, don't jump like that unless, you are jumping into the endzone.) #32 Huffman, appeared to be faster than Spears IMO, and is a good size back a very solid looking player.

PI's Middle linebacker #1- Frankie Herrera, I know he has been playing with a shoulder problem since week 2, and when I saw him reaggravate his shoulder in the 1st series, I thought OH NO!, but Frankie being Frankie, sucked it up and continued to play, (you're crazy Frankie wink ) but that just shows how passionate he and the rest of the Tarps. are about the game. As I am sure the Raiders are as well, because it showed, especially Spears, came back to play after he initially got hit, but unfortunately was unable to continue. The only thing I have to disagree with you on is the Cinderall Story, as we have felt we would be here this year, especially after coming up short last year in round 3. But, I think I know what you mean though. Thanks and congratulations on an awesome season!

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

GOFOR2
12-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Heck of a ballgame. All of you handled yourselves with class. No complaints about the trip to S.A. nor about accomodations. You just went up to S.A. not once but two weekends in a row and did what you have trained for all year. My hats to all of you valley folks. Maybe some folks up in the hill country could learn something from you guys.