PDA

View Full Version : Texas v. The Nation Bowl

3afan
01-03-2008, 03:59 PM
interesting ...

texasvsthenation.cstv.com (http://texasvsthenation.cstv.com/#)

Phil C
01-03-2008, 05:20 PM
They tried this in Corpus Christi in the mid 60s. I think it was called the Southwest Challenge Bowl. After a couple of years in which the Texas team was whipped the bowl was dropped.

jimmyceatworld
01-03-2008, 10:23 PM
This looks better than the Alonzo Stagg Bowl (I think eagles_victory be will the only person who knows what I'm talking about)

wildstangs
01-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
This looks better than the Alonzo Stagg Bowl (I think eagles_victory be will the only person who knows what I'm talking about)

Thats the D2 or D3 all star game, correct? Or is it the game with a mix of all college players?

trojan37
01-03-2008, 10:29 PM
They have done the same thing in Ohio with High School football as well. Ohio vs. something. Texarkana and Ryan Mallett played up there during his senior year and whipped some team from Ohio's arse.

jimmyceatworld
01-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Thats the D2 or D3 all star game, correct? Or is it the game with a mix of all college players?

D3

impressive

eagles_victory
01-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Me and Jimmyceatworld are going to take our family vacations to the Alonzo Stagg Bowl when we get older

jimmyceatworld
01-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Me and Jimmyceatworld are going to take our family vacations to the Alonzo Stagg Bowl when we get older

Right after I stop in Chattanooga for the FCS championship:)

eagles_victory
01-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Right after I stop in Chattanooga for the FCS championship:) that would be a great weekend of football.

jimmyceatworld
01-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Want my fries Jimmy C?- Curly Jo

I hate you with a passion that consumes my soul!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

eagles_victory
01-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Want my fries Jimmy C?- Curly Jo

I hate you with a passion that consumes my soul!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I thought it was signature worthy :D

Phil C
01-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Pennsylvania also tried this in the 60s with high school seniors. They played all stars from other states and I think for 4 years they had three wins and a scoreless tie. Then they played Texas. I remember they won the first game 12-6 but most of our best players were in the North South game. The game was scheduled to not conflict the next year and with Bill Bradley (later UT and Philadelphia Eagles) at qb we won easily. The next two years the wins just got more and more onesided for Texas. Then the game was dropped by Pennsylvania. :)