2. Mizzou (assuming Daniel, et al stay)
3. TTU
4. Texas
5. Texas A&M
6. Kansas
7. Colorado
8. Okie Lite
9-12. Who cares

I think it's very likely that 2 Big 12 teams will go to the BCS again, especially if one of them comes from the North. That leaves the following scenario:

Cotton - Texas Tech
Holiday - Texas (enjoy San Diego yet, horns???)
Gator - if they want...they can take A&M here (a good chance cuz they need a bigger crowd if Notre Dame isn't eligible for them to take)
Alamo - Texas A&M/Kansas
Insight - Kansas/Colorado
Independence - Colorado/Okie Lite
Texas - Okie Lite/anybody else that could be eligible

crzyjournalist03
01-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I like that prediction a lot...I have a good feeling about Tech next year.

iknoweverything
01-03-2008, 03:56 PM
I like Ok. St... Every year i think they are going to be better and better adn every year they suck up the place. This year they will do it. Kansas is so over rated its not even funny. Do they play anyone next year.?

VWG
01-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Leach had better get a defense. I don't care what type of offense Tech has, because you can run on them any day of the week.

Will be interesting how Briles does at Baylor.

sahen
01-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Briles will hopefully do well at Baylor but next year his schedule is brutal....nonconference is Wake Forest, Northwestern State (D1AA school), at UConn, and Washington State plus the Big 12 South and Nebraska, Missouri, and Iowa State in the north....very likely 1-11 for the Bears....maybe we beat the cylcones and go 2-10..

eagles_victory
01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Briles will hopefully do well at Baylor but next year his schedule is brutal....nonconference is Wake Forest, Northwestern State (D1AA school), at UConn, and Washington State plus the Big 12 South and Nebraska, Missouri, and Iowa State in the north....very likely 1-11 for the Bears....maybe we beat the cylcones and go 2-10.. I wouldnt consider that brutal really

sahen
01-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I wouldnt consider that brutal really

for baylor thats brutal...wake forest and uconn went 9-4 this year (wake forest has 20 wins the past 2 years) and washington state went 5-7...no reason for baylor to be playing 3 extra bcs schools at this point....

runthequarter
01-04-2008, 01:21 AM
I agree. Thats a tough one for the Bears. But eventually Briles may have a chance. But so has others. I do hope they can beat somebody. Dont worry Tech will win the Big 12 South and be in a BCS game.

TexanFan4Life
01-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
1. BlowU
3. TTU
4. Texas
5. Texas A&M
6. Kansas
7. Colorado
8. Okie Lite
9-12. Who cares

I think it's very likely that 2 Big 12 teams will go to the BCS again, especially if one of them comes from the North. That leaves the following scenario:

Cotton - Texas Tech
Gator - if they want...they can take A&M here (a good chance cuz they need a bigger crowd if Notre Dame isn't eligible for them to take)
Alamo - Texas A&M/Kansas

Just curious as to why you have OK State so low in your projection. I think Gundy's got a good thing going there..but then again, I thought that about the same time last year also. lol

charlesrixey
01-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Nebraska in the 9-12 range?

depending on who gets the job, i don't think Tom Osborne would let them fall that far (or at least not for more than a year)

Bill Callahan was a horrible choice

Adidas410s
01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Just curious as to why you have OK State so low in your projection. I think Gundy's got a good thing going there..but then again, I thought that about the same time last year also. lol

Gundy lost his OC in Larry Fedora. They have a good amount of talent on their team but can't seem to do anything at all defensively. The loss to Troy was bad and their "best win" (vs Tech) doesn't hold much value once TT changed DC's after the game. In fact, it was probably a better loss for TT than it was a win for Okie Lite.

Originally posted by charlesrixey
Nebraska in the 9-12 range?

depending on who gets the job, i don't think Tom Osborne would let them fall that far (or at least not for more than a year)

Bill Callahan was a horrible choice

I think their defense will improve next year (can it be any worse) but their offense is a ? mark. Will they stick with the west coast, return to the option, maybe move to the spread option? All of these systems require different types of players. With such a poor season this year and so many uncertainties next year, it's hard to put them any higher. Yes I think they could easily jump Colorado and Okie Lite, but I have no info to amke that decision with right now.

KTJ
01-04-2008, 12:28 PM
1. BlowU
3. TTU
4. Texas
5. Texas A&M
6. Kansas
7. Colorado
8. Okie Lite
9-12. Who cares

Cotton - Texas Tech
Alamo - Texas A&M/Kansas

Still trying to figure out how I should respond to this...

Adidas410s
01-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
ok, ok...I'll move A&M ahead of Texas :p

KTJ
01-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

No that's not it. I'm seriously thinking about how to respond to this thread simply because I really think the Big 12 could be the best conference next year.

4 possible teams could start out in the top 10--OU, UT, Mizzou, KU.

Throw in a Texas Tech team that could be pre-season Top 20, possibly a Colorado ranking around 23-25.

Oklahoma State and Texas A&M shouldn't be that far off either.

Adidas410s
01-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
No that's not it. I'm seriously thinking about how to respond to this thread simply because I really think the Big 12 could be the best conference next year.

4 possible teams could start out in the top 10--OU, UT, Mizzou, KU.

Throw in a Texas Tech team that could be pre-season Top 20, possibly a Colorado ranking around 23-25.

Oklahoma State and Texas A&M shouldn't be that far off either.
With the loss of Sweed, Charles, Pittman, Jones, Hills, Kelson, Killebrew, the Griffin boys, etc....you still think Texas starts the year in the Top 10??? 11-20 isn't unreasonable IMO but they're losing most of their skill players on offense so I think Top 10 is a bit much. That said, I'm really looking forward to next year. Daniel, Harrell, Reesing, and Bradford will be FUN to watch. Throw in McCoy, Hawkins, Robinson, and (maybe) McGee and it should be another exciting year in the Big 12...and we can even include the Big 12 North!!! :)

TMer25
01-04-2008, 01:00 PM
the loss of Killebrew is addition by subtraction. Muckelroy, Norton and Kindle were more effective than Killebrew,Bobino and Derry all year long. Offensive line was fine in the holiday bowl without Hills and Griffin. Losing Charles hurts but if Darrell Scott turns up in Austin that will ease the pain

KTJ
01-04-2008, 01:08 PM
With the loss of Sweed, Charles, Pittman, Jones, Hills, Kelson, Killebrew, the Griffin boys, etc....you still think Texas starts the year in the Top 10??? 11-20 isn't unreasonable IMO but they're losing most of their skill players on offense so I think Top 10 is a bit much. That said, I'm really looking forward to next year. Daniel, Harrell, Reesing, and Bradford will be FUN to watch. Throw in McCoy, Hawkins, Robinson, and (maybe) McGee and it should be another exciting year in the Big 12...and we can even include the Big 12 North!!! :)

Killebrew isn't a loss. He should have never been starting. Do those losses hurt? Yes. Do we have talent to replace them? Yes....just like every other team.

I've seen some media folk give their early pre-season for next year and Texas seems to be in their rankings as well. I'm not saying we'll be like 3rd or 4th...but starting 7-10th isn't out of the picture by any means.

navscanmaster
01-04-2008, 06:45 PM
I would have to say that the south will be the toughest road to the title. The north winner will have a cakewalk to the championship and probably be overrated again because of said cakewalk. When the dust clears, I think the south might look like this:

1. Oklahoma
2. Texas Tech
3. Texas
4. Texas A&M (Yeah, I'm a lifer aggie fan, but 1-3 are gonna be tough)
5. Oklahoma State
6. Baylor

I don't really care about the north, but:
1. Kansas
2. Missouri
3. Colorado
4. Kansas State
5. Colorado
6. Iowa State

runthequarter
01-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I would have to say that the south will be the toughest road to the title. The north winner will have a cakewalk to the championship and probably be overrated again because of said cakewalk. When the dust clears, I think the south might look like this:

1. Oklahoma
2. Texas Tech
3. Texas
4. Texas A&M (Yeah, I'm a lifer aggie fan, but 1-3 are gonna be tough)
5. Oklahoma State
6. Baylor

I don't really care about the north, but:
1. Kansas
2. Missouri
3. Colorado
4. Kansas State
5. Colorado
6. Iowa State

Im guessing 6 was Nebraska?
Or 3?

Old Tiger
01-04-2008, 08:39 PM
South
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas Tech
A&M
Oklahoma State
Baylor

North
Missouri
Kansas
Colorado
Kansas State
Nebraska
Iowa State

Gobbla2001
01-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Gundy lost his OC in Larry Fedora.

honestly their offensive scheme wasn't that complicated and/or effective... pure athletisism got their points IMHO...

defense I'll agree with but they do have the athletes for that defense to turn on a dime within one offseason...

I think they're a legit contender in the South...

as for UT losing all of those athletes they also bring back a lot... any quality back (which they'll have, they're Texas) will do well with a young line that gained experience this year... with the departure of Charles they still return what? 9 offensive starters?

defensively most people will agree that they're not losing much talent... with a new DC the D is gunna be better no matter who returns... some experience may leave, but skilly and coaching isn't going to make it worse off, that's for sure...

UT will be a step behind OU at the start of the season, OU will be damn good... we'll have to see coming into the Red River Shootout/Rivalry/Game/Whatever to see how good they actually are...

A&M is hard to guage right now with a new staff coming in... they have decent talent and McGee may benefit heavily from a new system... using Goodson in the right ways couldn't hurt either... and defensively they're like UT to me, with a new system they're not gunna get any worse...

TTU? They're here for sure, gunna be a scary team...

and in two to three years Baylor will be salty...

SEC, move over...

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
?

skilly

skilly?

Gobbla2001
01-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
skilly?

yah, look it up :D