PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams changing number

Txbroadcaster
01-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Roy Williams was wearing No. 38 in Wednesday's practice and he said today he would like to change officially for next season from No. 31.

Good news for the Cowboys' Pro Shop.

Williams wore No. 38 at Oklahoma and wanted to wear it with the Cowboys but Duane Hawthorne was going to charge him $20,000 to make the move his rookie year.

"Eight in the bible means a new beginning so I feel that after this season I feel it's time to switch over," Williams said.

Williams had been contemplating the switch for the last couple of years but stuck with No. 31.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2008/01/williams_number_change_coming.html

crzyjournalist03
01-03-2008, 02:14 PM
that would explain why his jerseys have been 50% off for more than two months.

Sweetwater Red
01-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
that would explain why his jerseys have been 50% off for more than two months.

That's not why his jersey's are 50% off.:thinking: ;)

crzyjournalist03
01-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
That's not why his jersey's are 50% off.:thinking: ;)

he's not getting cut...the Cowboys have traditionally only put jerseys on sale AFTER a guy is off the team...I have a feeling they've known about this pending change for a couple of months.

Sweetwater Red
01-03-2008, 02:21 PM
he's not getting cut...the Cowboys have traditionally only put jerseys on sale AFTER a guy is off the team...I have a feeling they've known about this pending change for a couple of months.

I was implying lack of sales.

crzyjournalist03
01-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I was implying lack of sales.

:doh:

Haha...I wish that were the reason.

Unfortunately, I wish that were the case...I see more #31 jerseys out there than just about any other current Cowboys (although #9 is definitely gaining ground.)

Macarthur
01-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Let me tell Roy somthing...If he wants to get some of his mojo back, he should start by losing about 15lbs. I watched a highlight video of him early in his career making big plays and it's so obvious that he's just too heavy.

DU_stud04
01-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Roy Williams was wearing No. 38 in Wednesday's practice and he said today he would like to change officially for next season from No. 31.

Williams wore No. 38 at Oklahoma and wanted to wear it with the Cowboys but Duane Hawthorne was going to charge him $20,000 to make the move his rookie year.

"Eight in the bible means a new beginning so I feel that after this season I feel it's time to switch over," Williams said.

Williams had been contemplating the switch for the last couple of years but stuck with No. 31.

good.... i still think george teague when i see 31. think i would get it right after 6 years hahaha

crzyjournalist03
01-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
good.... i still think george teague when i see 31. think i would get it right after 6 years hahaha

:thinking: T.O. has had some bad luck with Cowboys wearing number 31 hasn't he? :D

pirate4state
01-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

just this season???

nobogey72
01-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Let me tell Roy somthing...If he wants to get some of his mojo back, he should start by losing about 15lbs. I watched a highlight video of him early in his career making big plays and it's so obvious that he's just too heavy.

Either that or put on about 15 or 20 more AND change his # to 50 something and get him out of deep responsibility. His run support is so good, but as the years go on, it seems his deep coverage from SS has been getting worse. I always wondered what kind of a OLB he would make.

:thinking: :thinking:

crzyjournalist03
01-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Either that or put on about 15 or 20 more AND change his # to 50 something and get him out of deep responsibility. His run support is so good, but as the years go on, it seems his deep coverage from SS has been getting worse. I always wondered what kind of a OLB he would make.

but who would the Cowboys get rid of to make room for him there? Ware and Ellis aren't going anywhere, and Anthony Spencer is already pushing both of them.

nobogey72
01-03-2008, 05:23 PM
but who would the Cowboys get rid of to make room for him there? Ware and Ellis aren't going anywhere, and Anthony Spencer is already pushing both of them.

Exactly! I just get nervous when teams get him caught in cover 2.:doh:

injuredinmelee
01-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72

well said!!! Has been my soapbox for the last three years.