PDA

View Full Version : WV's RB Noel Devine..........

nobogey72
01-03-2008, 11:54 AM
A couple of summers ago a friend of mine here in Abilene was telling me a story about his brother who is coach in Prosper, Tx. He had gotten a call from Deion Sanders telling him that he was bringing a kid out of Miami to live (and possibly adopt) with him in his house in Prosper. He just wanted to touch base about elegibility and such. Turns out the kid was Noel Devine (the Fr. RB for West Virginia last night). He did actually move to Prosper and met all the coaches and kids, and somewhere along the line, decided to secretly take one of Deion's cars and take it to DFW and fly back to Miami. The announcers touched on it last night saying that both of Noel's parents died of aids and 2 brothers had been murdered and that Deion had tried to adopt him. I never knew where he ended up going to college till last night.

Gsquared
01-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Yeah, he took off in Deons Hummer the day before two a days, hoped on a flight back to FLA and called Deon to tell him he had left and where his car was. Funny stuff.

nobogey72
01-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Yeah, he took off in Deons Hummer the day before two a days, hoped on a flight back to FLA and called Deon to tell him he had left and where his car was. Funny stuff.

You think he could have helped Prosper that year?:D :D

charlesrixey
01-03-2008, 12:22 PM
i remember it well

it was the season prosper lost to Celina 27-21, the closest game celina played all year, and one of only two non-blowouts as they outscored their competition by 700 points (803 total)

that was big news up in collin county, especially as Devine had already met with the prosper players and coaches and was prepared to practice with them