PDA

View Full Version : Jason garrett to Miami?

Sweetwater Red
01-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Bill Parcells takes JG too????

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3178646

crzyjournalist03
01-03-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't even see Garrett's name mentioned in the story, and he wasn't even here when Parcells was, so I doubt that's a match. Sparano is a legitimate option, as he and Parcells had a very tight relationship. But I'll be shocked if Garrett goes to Miami.

Sweetwater Red
01-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I don't even see Garrett's name mentioned in the story, and he wasn't even here when Parcells was, so I doubt that's a match. Sparano is a legitimate option, as he and Parcells had a very tight relationship. But I'll be shocked if Garrett goes to Miami.

I was speculating about Garrett. ESPN seems to mention his
name everytime a head coaching job comes open.

Macarthur
01-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Garrett has a tough decision.

Right now he's a hot name. In many ways, he needs to strike while the iron is hot.

On the other hand, taking the wrong job could ruin your Head Coaching career.

I certainly hope he stays.

crzyjournalist03
01-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Garrett has a tough decision.

Right now he's a hot name. In many ways, he needs to strike while the iron is hot.

On the other hand, taking the wrong job could ruin your Head Coaching career.

I certainly hope he stays.

yet another reason I don't see him in Miami...he was with the franchise last year and saw what a joke the team was. I doubt he wants to go back to that.

I could see him going to Baltimore, but that's about it right now.

Macarthur
01-03-2008, 12:52 PM
yet another reason I don't see him in Miami...he was with the franchise last year and saw what a joke the team was. I doubt he wants to go back to that.

I could see him going to Baltimore, but that's about it right now.

See, I'm not so sure.

I think we would all agree that success in the NFL hinges greatly on the QB position. I think Miami has a kid with potential in Beck. Balt, on the other hand, is a very old team with no future at QB. I actually could see him going to Miami before Balt.

setxsports
01-03-2008, 01:01 PM
He won't leave for Miami!!!

Macarthur
01-03-2008, 01:03 PM
You talk to Jason lately?

crzyjournalist03
01-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
See, I'm not so sure.

I think we would all agree that success in the NFL hinges greatly on the QB position. I think Miami has a kid with potential in Beck. Balt, on the other hand, is a very old team with no future at QB. I actually could see him going to Miami before Balt.

But Baltimore has a lot of other pieces in place, and just about everybody would agree that they're a lot closer to contending. Let's not forget that they had a better record than both the Pats and the Colts last year.

I figure they can draft a guy like Brohm or Woodson, or if they want, they can sign a free agent like Todd Collins.

Macarthur
01-03-2008, 02:26 PM
But Baltimore has a lot of other pieces in place, and just about everybody would agree that they're a lot closer to contending. Let's not forget that they had a better record than both the Pats and the Colts last year.

I figure they can draft a guy like Brohm or Woodson, or if they want, they can sign a free agent like Todd Collins.

I don't doubt that Balt is closer right now, but 3 years down the road, that team could be in trouble. Look it up; that is a very old team.

And again, I think Beck has a chance to be a very good QB.