PDA

View Full Version : How to win a bowl game?

boudreaux
01-03-2008, 12:41 AM
I read the thread on the suspensions. I was looking to see how those guys did. Now with the 1-7? Interim coaching record, I wondered how that stacked up.

FSU 20? 36? Lost
Fresno State 8 Won
Tennessee 5 Won
Michigan State 5 Lost
California (3) Won
Texas Tech 2 Won
OSU 2 still to play
Oklahoma 1 lost
Texas A and M 1 Lost (if you count the yell leader)

If there is anymore suspensions please add them.

4-4 With tOSU to play

Mixed in with the 1-7 interim coaches it world appear to in a bowl game 1. Keep your coach through the bowl game and 2. And don’t send your yell leader home.

coach
01-03-2008, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by boudreaux
I read the thread on the suspensions. I was looking to see how those guys did. Now with the 1-7? Interim coaching record, I wondered how that stacked up.

FSU 20? 36? Lost
Fresno State 8 Won
Tennessee 5 Won
Michigan State 5 Lost
California (3) Won
Texas Tech 2 Won
OSU 2 still to play
Oklahoma 1 lost

4-4 With tOSU to play

Mixed in with the 1-7 interim coaches it world appear to in a bowl game 1. Keep your coach through the bowl game and 2. And don’t send your yell leader home.

i actually think the ags had 4

eagles_victory
01-03-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by boudreaux

FSU 20? 36? Lost
Fresno State 8 Won
Tennessee 5 Won
Michigan State 5 Lost
California (3) Won
Texas Tech 2 Won
OSU 2 still to play
Oklahoma 1 lost

4-4 With tOSU to play

Mixed in with the 1-7 interim coaches it world appear to in a bowl game 1. Keep your coach through the bowl game and 2. And don’t send your yell leader home. OU was killed by injuries and suspensions. They were missing Granger, Reggie Smith, and Demarco Murray, and another defensive starter. Not taking anything away from WVU and I hate OU as much as the next guy but that really hurt the Sooners tonight

BobcatBenny
01-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
OU was killed by injuries and suspensions. They were missing Granger, Reggie Smith, and Demarco Murray, and another defensive starter. Not taking anything away from WVU and I hate OU as much as the next guy but that really hurt the Sooners tonight
I'm not buying the hurt player excuses. I guess if you lose enough players to suspension, that would be an impact, but come on. These big time programs are stacked with talented players.

I even heard the anouncers tonight say, that if Bradford hadn't gotten hurt they would have beaten Texas Tech.

Were they ascerting that Oklahoma's back-up QB is not worthy to lead OU to a victory over Texas Tech?

What an ignorant statement.

Here was the problem with Oklahoma tonight and teams that lose in bowl games. The problem is, they showed up and got the wood laid to them by the other team.

Its called getting ""D_____ ______d!"

BobcatBenny
01-03-2008, 12:23 PM
an Article by Pete Fiutak (http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7631382)
Five Thoughts: White good, Stoops bad
. . .
5. Sooners prefer to be home: Has there ever been a bigger disparity between what a team did at home and what it did away from comfortable surroundings? For purposes of the point, call the date at Tulsa a home game since the crowd was overwhelmingly Sooner.

Throw that game into the mix, and Oklahoma was 8-0 in front of the home folk, winning by a combined score of 430-130, or an average of roughly 54-16. In the other six games, OU was 3-3 in outscoring its opponents 162-154, or an average of 27-26, with a near miss against Iowa State and losses to Colorado and Texas Tech. The road slate, and the neutral site dates, had most of the big games, but a team as dominant as OU was at home still was mystifyingly off when it had to travel.

I thought Pete Fiutak made an awesome point about Oklahoma in this article.

It is amazing how much a home field advantage will make an average team better.