PDA

View Full Version : Bdr

Old Tiger
01-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Auburn's new offense looked great. i see a bright future with the spread there. Can't wait till they get the athletes they want/need at receiver/QB. That backup QB looked like he should do very well.

big daddy russ
01-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Auburn's new offense looked great. i see a bright future with the spread there. Can't wait till they get the athletes they want/need at receiver/QB. That backup QB looked like he should do very well.
I'm excited. I don't know all the reasons for the hire, but if you look at all the young skill talent on Auburn's roster, it makes sense from a personnel standpoint.

And you're right, Kodi Burns looked great. He's also a true freshman, the number two QB in the nation out of HS last year. Can't wait to see what he does next year. Our big year will be two years down the road, Burns' junior year. We'll be absolutely loaded then. We had a few true freshman who looked great this year (WR Tim Hawthorne, QB Kodi Burns, RB Mario Fannin, and Lee Ziemba took All-SEC OT King Dunlap's spot as a starter halfway through the year), and quite a few sophs who are already impact players (S Aairon Savage, LB Tray Blackmon, DE Antonio Coleman, DT/DE Sen'Derrick Marks, CB Jerraud Powers, and RB Ben Tate) and a bunch more who are ready to step up.

I'm excited. We can realistically expect a top-ten finish next year as long as we don't get beat up in conference, and an even better finish in '09.