PDA

View Full Version : A question for the "Married Men"

Ranger Mom
01-02-2008, 11:13 AM
This came up in a conversation yesterday!!

How often do you wear your wedding ring? (If at all)

sinton66
01-02-2008, 11:17 AM
I had to have mine cut off a couple of years ago when I sliced open my finger by accident. Haven't gotten it fixed yet.

Ranger Mom
01-02-2008, 11:21 AM
My husband only wears his on special occasions (if he even remembers then). He has seen one too many men get their finger ripped off around that oilfield equipment.

c bobcats run
01-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I've been hitched for 15 yrs. I can't take it off anymore. I think it shrunk with all my clothes.:D

deer spotter
01-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I almost cut/ripped my finger off working on a disc and have never worn it since. My wife understands and by the way she had to take me to the doctor when it happened. Good thing she decided to come home for lunch that day.

STANG RED
01-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Having spent most of my life as an industrial/commercial construction electrician, I quit wearing any kind of jewelry years ago. I could wear it now, but after so many years of wearing none, I cant stand wearing any now. Besides, my wedding ring doesnt fit anymore anyway. But it still looks brand new.

Maroon87
01-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Mine's on all the time unless I'm working out or doing some sort of manual labor.

alaskacat
01-02-2008, 11:35 AM
I was a jockey for years and crushed it on my finger and had to have it cut off.

So it is history, and never replaced it

Gsquared
01-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Even though im not married, I wear a wedding ring when I go out to the bar. Makes me look more trust worthy, making a suprise chloraphorm attack much easier.

3afan
01-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I answered ALWAYS but its with an *

* - unless its practical not to ... like when I'm umpiring behind the plate, or doing physical work where it could be hazardous

crzyjournalist03
01-02-2008, 11:42 AM
I wear mine every day. I take it off at night and when I shower, but I wear it every time I wear my watch.

wildstangs
01-02-2008, 11:43 AM
I always wear mine. I need to get in the habit of taking it off though in certain times since its Titanium and apparently CAN"T be cut off if my finger were to get crushed.

88bobcats
01-02-2008, 11:48 AM
My wife takes her ring(s) off more than I do. My wedding band comes off only when it needs to be cleaned before special occasions.

It's getting tougher to do, though. I guess mine is also shrinking. We should form a task force to determine why.

As for when it's not on, I know my wife doesn't have to worry that I'm sending the wrong message.......I still have that beaten-down, defeated look that lets everyone within view of me know that I'm married. Ha!

Ranger Mom
01-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
My wife takes her ring(s) off more than I do. My wedding band comes off only when it needs to be cleaned before special occasions.

It's getting tougher to do, though. I guess mine is also shrinking. We should form a task force to determine why.

As for when it's not on, I know my wife doesn't have to worry that I'm sending the wrong message.......I still have that beaten-down, defeated look that lets everyone within view of me know that I'm married. Ha!

I have a necklace and my wedding ring that hasn't been taken off in over 10 years!!!

I am really lucky I haven't lost one or the other, I swim, shower, cook...everything wearing both...although my ring has shrunk a little too, if I lost it I would pretty much have to lose my entire finger!!

Old Green
01-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Lost it on the job somewhere 20 years ago. I never replaced it.

nobogey72
01-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Even though im not married, I wear a wedding ring when I go out to the bar. Makes me look more trust worthy, making a suprise chloraphorm attack much easier.

That there is funny. :thumbsup:

That's ironic, because the only time I take mine off is when I go to a bar.

:D :D That daterape drug works better than chlorophorm though, and the reason I know is that I put it in my own drink when I'm really lonely.:)

DU_stud04
01-02-2008, 12:31 PM
only take it off when i go in the shower/sleep or when i worked at the gypsum mill. other than that you can find it on my finger

Txbroadcaster
01-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
only take it off when i go in the shower/sleep or when i worked at the gypsum mill. other than that you can find it on my finger

RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTTTTTT

DU_stud04
01-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHTTTTTTTT :turns left:

Txbroadcaster
01-02-2008, 12:55 PM
:turns left:

Where is the Dennys at

piratebg
01-02-2008, 01:16 PM
I always wear mine. I never used to wear rings, not even my class ring. I've gotten so used to wearing my wedding band I almost feel naked when I do take it off.

pirate4state
01-02-2008, 01:18 PM
:turns left: actually it was :turns right:, right? :D :doh:

Originally posted by txbroadcaster
Where is the Denny's at

Why is that STILL funny??? :D

waterboy
01-02-2008, 02:09 PM
I said always. I always have my ring on when I leave home, no matter what. Around the house I don't wear it.

DU_stud04
01-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
actually it was :turns right:, right? :D :doh:

Why is that STILL funny??? :D it was, just did oposite of what he said. ;) :thumbsup:

pirate4state
01-02-2008, 04:42 PM
it was, just did oposite of what he said. ;) :thumbsup: oh wow......i get it now!! :blonde moment: almost as bad as "where is the denny's {looks around} :D :D

Who-dun-it!!?
01-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by c bobcats run
I've been hitched for 15 yrs. I can't take it off anymore. I think it shrunk with all my clothes.:D

That happened to you too??!!:D

c bobcats run
01-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
That happened to you too??!!:D

Yep. The wife calls it the dik-e-doo disease. I'm not sure who she is referring to. I look the same in the mirror.

olddawggreen
01-02-2008, 07:02 PM
I wore mine until it shrunk, still waiting for my wife to have it enlarged.:( In all honesty, the ring doesn't make the faithful married man, a woman would have to be blind and deaf to think I am single. On the other hand, over the years I've seen pleanty of men with wedding bands on, doing things they shouldn't be doing. :eek:

King_LeYoeNidas
01-02-2008, 07:11 PM
all the time unless I'm a) trying to pick up chicks or b) at the nudie bar. lol...I keed, I keed.

Where it every day....have the "tan line" to prove it. Though the whole sleeping, showering, etc thing is a bit much. I don't do that.

BILLYFRED0000
01-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Always, Women like to see that band. It means I am safe ( and good for a one night stand).

Not really folks. I am happily married to a truly beautiful woman. I can walk into most places and still have my wife be as pretty as anyone I see. And we are both
old enough to know better. She takes care of me.

celinaorange
01-02-2008, 08:15 PM
my wife put it on my finger around 8:30 pm, April 8, 1960, and 4 children and 9 grandchildren later it is still there and will be until they put me in the casket.

loboes86
01-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Never , told the wife when she was planning the wedding I wouldn't wear it. I'm a mechanic by trade and have seen to many bad accidents because of rings. Seen em hang on ladders and rip all the hide off, once a guy fell off a stake bed truck and got his ring finger pulled in two because his wife insisted he always wear his wedding band. Kinda funny now him standing on the ground holding his bleeding hand and his glove with his wedding band and the other half finger in it still hanging on the truck. Seen rings and metal watch bands arc between Pos. and a ground and burn the hide off. Looks funny when a fellar has a watch band scare were his metal flex band was.:)

bobcat1
01-02-2008, 09:49 PM
When I leave the house I put it on and take it off when I return. It serves as a reminder that I better come home or she will hunt me down and kill me. ;)

pancho villa
01-02-2008, 11:42 PM
I don't wear mine because it shrank sometime after I got married.
But I never go out without Ms villa's refried beans on my breath.

runthequarter
01-03-2008, 12:01 AM
This thread is a trap guys. lol Mine? All the time. Except bowling. That will hurt your finger a lot. I do agree with those of you who dont wear it for safety reasons. But remember if you want to be safe wear it. Momm will kill ya. And I have that beaten down look as noted above.

sectionCwannabe
01-03-2008, 01:45 AM
Always, well unless the wife slaps me up side the head and tells me to get the heck out!!:D then she gets it back until i come home..............insurance.

Who-dun-it!!?
01-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by c bobcats run
Yep. The wife calls it the dik-e-doo disease. I'm not sure who she is referring to. I look the same in the mirror.

:clap: :clap:

unfortunately I can relate.

waterboy
01-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by celinaorange
my wife put it on my finger around 8:30 pm, April 8, 1960, and 4 children and 9 grandchildren later it is still there and will be until they put me in the casket.
Wow! Nearly 48 years.........now that's amazing. Have you not taken it off.....ever?

charlesrixey
01-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 88bobcats

wow, we are the same on all points!

i wouldn't trade it for anything, though!

i can't believe so many don't wear theirs at all!

75009Football
01-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Had a necklace and w-ring and had to take both off for surgery and put them in the wife's purse for safe keeping. Once out of surgery I put on the ring but not the necklace and the purse was stolen a few days later. Had a little gold beer tab on it.

Man I miss that necklace.

If you still have it, I'll trade you the ring,

for a while,

please?

LOL. SH,JJ.

crzyjournalist03
01-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by runthequarter
This thread is a trap guys. lol Mine? All the time. Except bowling. That will hurt your finger a lot. I do agree with those of you who dont wear it for safety reasons. But remember if you want to be safe wear it. Momm will kill ya. And I have that beaten down look as noted above.

you must be left-handed.

CenTexSports
01-03-2008, 11:00 AM
I tried to wear mine but I have always hated to wear any type of jewelry (including watches).

Ranger Mom
01-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
you must be left-handed.

That is another reason my husband seldom wears his...he is left handed too!