PDA

View Full Version : New Top 20

Matthew328
11-02-2002, 08:05 PM
I won't post it til tomarrow..but here is an early look at it for you guys..

1. Sinton 9-0
2. Burnet 9-0
3. Jasper 7-2
4. Kennedale 8-1
5. Everman 8-1
6. Wills Point 9-0
7. Newton 8-0
8. Bridge City 8-1
9. LaGrange 8-1
10. Forney 8-1
11. Wilmer-Hutchins 8-0
12. Celina 9-0
13. Midland Greenwood 9-0
14. Marlin 7-2
15. Longview Spring Hill 8-1
16. Commerce 7-2
17. Decatur 9-0
18. Liberty Hill 9-0
19. Bellville 8-1
20. Gainesville 8-1

Jimbotex40
11-02-2002, 08:12 PM
thats a good poll.

#1-8 are very accurate

#9-12 could vary among themselves

commerce could be higher, cuz theyre only losses came to 4A aledo (#8 in DFW poll) and forney (#4 in DFW poll)

Jimbotex40
11-02-2002, 08:13 PM
***correction: wylie, not aledo

Keith7
11-02-2002, 08:30 PM
Decatur, G-Ville and Liberty hill could all be alot higher

Tiny
11-02-2002, 08:50 PM
There is no way Celina should be down that far. I doubt any of the eleven ahead of them would want to open the playoffs with them!!! GET REAL

Matthew328
11-02-2002, 08:53 PM
You have got to be kidding! Celina has beaten one team of note and that is Gainesville..the 11 teams ahead of them all have track records in 3A and have beaten quality teams...I give Celina credit for what they have done...but I am sorry they still have a ways to go to be in the league of Sinton, Burnet, Jasper, Kennedale, Everman, Newton, Forney, etc

Keith7 of the 3 teams ranked too low who would you put them ahead of?? Commerce? Defending state champ whose only 2 losses came to Forney and Wylie a 4A that is 8-1?? Marlin who has beaten Ennis?? I think Decatur, Liberty Hill and Gainesville are all right about where they belong..

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Matthew328 ]</small>

TarponKing
11-02-2002, 10:27 PM
I think the Port Isabel Tarpons should have been on the top 20....ohh well...they will let their presence be felt in playoffs anyway :D ...and that my friends is a promise!........ :cool:

Port Isabel Tarpons 32-3AAA Champs

True Blue Pride Cannot Be Denied! :D

bigbullbacker
11-03-2002, 12:55 AM
good list ,in about 7 weeks who will be No.1 in your opinion matt.

big daddy russ
11-03-2002, 03:22 PM
you know, i can't shake the feeling that jasper is the class of 3A. i think sinton, burnet, everman, etc. have some great teams, but i think jasper's just in a league of their own. bullbacker, matt, what do both of you think?

GOFOR2
11-03-2002, 03:51 PM
The Port Isabel Tarpons? Who have they played? Matamoros High? South Padre Island Redfish? Get Real.

Harry_MAN
11-03-2002, 04:27 PM
Dont ya think Liberty Hill should be a bit higher?

Old Cardinal
11-03-2002, 04:45 PM
To Matt: I have to agree with Mr. Jimbotex 40 that your #1-8 are very reasonable. However, as usual, year after year, there are 8 teams from Region II listed in the top 20. Quite honestly, I don't think they have 5 teams that should be even on the Poll, and five per region would be the equilibrium. I think it has to do with the teams that are close at hand and all of us not really knowing the strengths or weaknesses of those we only read about. It would be easy for me to stack 8 teams from Region III in a Poll and rank only 4 teams from Region II...... I see strength developing for Postseason in Regions I & IV; some of these teams have improved, and are ready for a Post season strong effort! I am glad that we can still be friends and enjoy HS football together.

jcastor
11-03-2002, 07:05 PM
Perryton should definately be on there somewhere...

Go Rangers!!!

Jimbotex40
11-03-2002, 07:14 PM
old card: thanks for agreeing with me on #1-8.

i can't blame matthew, however, for having so many region II teams, because a region II team almost always wins state. this year i believe that state (D1) will be won by a region II team or Everman.

at least this year, matthew's decision isn't leaning toward region II because, everman, his team, is in region I

Matthew328
11-03-2002, 07:20 PM
Actually the poll breaks down like this...

Region I has 4 teams; Kennedale, Everman, Midland Greenwood and Decatur

Region II has 7 teams; Wills Point, Forney, Wilmer-Hutchins, Celina, Longview Spring Hill, Commerce and Gainesville

Region III has 6 teams: Jasper, Newton, BC, LaGrange, Marlin, and Bellville

Region IV has 3 teams: Sinton, Burnet, and Liberty Hill

Which Region 2 teams would you take out?? I think all 7 are deserving..

leopards03
11-03-2002, 09:25 PM
I think La Grange should be up a little higher i saw kenndale and Everman play and both of the dont show anything more then what LG has...I watch that game and both teams have no defense that going to hurt them in the playoffs....LG has great defense...that is my only change i would make would be LG in the 4 or 5 spot...

Texas11
11-03-2002, 09:43 PM
La Grange is pretty good but they aren't even close to kennedale or everman. Kennedale and Everman both have overpowering offenses which will do awsome against anyteam. That is why both of them scored alot of points. Both of their defenses are good but their not the best.

leopards03
11-03-2002, 10:09 PM
I agree with you on the overpowering offense cuz they both have speed...but what happens when the run into a tough defense and arent able to put points on the board...LG is way better...their defense will put it to you and the offense will figure out a way to put points on the board...LG #1 All the Way

BurnetBulldog
11-03-2002, 10:15 PM
Harry_MAN:
Dont ya think Liberty Hill should be a bit higher?Why should LH be ranked higher? Who have you played that is worthy of bumping you higher? A 9 - 0 season is very good and deserving of a top 20. But since you haven't consistantly put wins up yr after yr. It's not to hard to say you shouldn't be breaking the top 15.

Texas11
11-03-2002, 10:19 PM
Thats what im saying. When Kennedale or Everman do face a team with a really good defense than they are going to be in trouble.

Texas11
11-03-2002, 10:22 PM
Having a good record in years past doesn't make you good this year. What matters is that you are beating the good teams and how far you go in the playoffs.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-03-2002, 10:29 PM
GOFOR2:
The Port Isabel Tarpons? Who have they played? Matamoros High? South Padre Island Redfish? Get Real.Why don't you go to a Port Isabel game and see them for yourself before you judge them, eh?

Coastal Bend, huh? Bet you're from Aransas Pass. We'll see you in area.

whtfbplaya
11-04-2002, 04:37 AM
The good thing is that none of this matters, everyone will still suit up friday and some good teams will lose.

Thats why they play the games!

Phil C
11-04-2002, 10:31 AM
You are right about that wht. Thank goodness things are decided on the field and not on paper. Unlike Division 1 NCAA college football that only gives two teams a shot at the national championship and does not allow other good deserving teams a shot. NCAA Division 1 college football needs to get a real playoff system like they have in Division 2 and 3 and not live in the past. I know this is 3A football so please forgive me for complaining.

bigbearfan
11-04-2002, 11:30 AM
Matthew328:

Region II has 7 teams; Wills Point, Forney, Wilmer-Hutchins, Celina, Longview Spring Hill, Commerce and Gainesville

bigbearfan
11-04-2002, 11:30 AM
Matthew328:

bigbearfan
11-04-2002, 11:52 AM
Matthew: In response to your question as to who could be gotten rid of in Region 2, all are strong teams, but Spring Hill is probably the weakest of all of those. Yes, they are 8-1, but their preseason was WEAK, they lost to Jefferson, and almost lost to Gladewater. I don't think they are worthy of being ranked so high. Just my opinion.

Pudlugger
11-04-2002, 12:12 PM
Texas11:
La Grange is pretty good but they aren't even close to kennedale or everman. Kennedale and Everman both have overpowering offenses which will do awsome against anyteam. That is why both of them scored alot of points. Both of their defenses are good but their not the best.Have you seen La Grange play? The Leopard defense is exceptional and their offense is more balanced this year than in recent seasons with several fine receivers. Of course the running game is their strongest point, and they gained 164 yards against Elgin's defense, one of the best in 3A. I think alot of folks in Region I and II underestimate the Leps (which is usually the case). wink

Old Cardinal
11-04-2002, 01:24 PM
Matt you ask! I would eliminate Celina, Longview Spring Hill and Gainesville and replace them with Canyon, Snyder and Barbers Hill......Can't you see any of these three Region II teams playing Navasota, Elgin, A. Wylie, Sweetwater, Fort Stockton, Wharton, and a dozen others, not even mentioned-they would truly get smoked!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2002, 04:07 PM
If there is anyone here that is underrated it would be Bellville, If you put La Grange over Bellville you obviously have not seen either of them play, Bellville is better than last years team, so I guess Bellville will have to prove to yall that they are better than you think!

longhorns25
11-04-2002, 10:06 PM
I think Graham should be in there somewhere. I believe they are better than Decatur.