PDA

View Full Version : Miami Nortwest Wins it All In Fla

alaskacat
01-01-2008, 02:24 AM
he crowning moment for Northwestern
BY FRANK E. DeMARZO fdemarzo@MiamiHerald.com
Northwestern's Devin Willis (18) joins the celebration on the field following the Bulls' 41-0 victory against Orlando Boone on Saturday, Dec. 15, 2007.
AL DIAZ / MIAMI HERALD STAFF
Northwestern's Devin Willis (18) joins the celebration on the field following the Bulls' 41-0 victory against Orlando Boone on Saturday, Dec. 15, 2007.

* Class 6A State Football Championship

Northwestern won its second consecutive Class 6A state title in spectacular fashion Saturday night, beating Orlando Boone 41-0 in the biggest shutout victory in the Florida High School Athletic Association's state final history.

Quarterback Jacory Harris was 17 of 32 for 281 yards and two touchdowns, and he also ran for 51 yards on five carries.

Receivers Aldarius Johnson, Tommy Steerter and Kendal Thompkins all hauled in touchdown catches.

The Bulls defense forced three turnovers in the game, including a fumble recovery for a score by Khalid Marshall.

The Braves were held to just 100 yards of offense, and the Bulls racked up 375 yards.

3afan
01-01-2008, 08:28 AM
FLA - blah

boudreaux
01-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Sounds like a real championship game huh.

iknoweverything
01-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Go to you tube and type in the year of the bull and watch that. It is about that team and it is nuts. Ill try to find it and post a link

3afan
01-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by iknoweverything
Go to you tube and type in the year of the bull and watch that. It is about that team and it is nuts. Ill try to find it and post a link

that video has nothing to do with this year's team - just so ya know :D

iknoweverything
01-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
that video has nothing to do with this year's team - just so ya know :D

http://orly.yarly.org/orly.jpeg

Emerson1
01-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Well you said it is about that team. That team would be the team that just won the state championship, which it's not. it's about the 2000 team.

iknoweverything
01-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Well you said it is about that team. That team would be the team that just won the state championship, which it's not. it's about the 2000 team.

Go start a thread about ringtones or something else really gay that no one cares about.

Emerson1
01-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Go start a thread about ringtones or something else really gay that no one cares about.
No one cares, yet it has 30 replies

iknoweverything
01-01-2008, 02:33 PM
[ ] people care
[x] you care
[ ] thread was good
[x] you lose the interwebs

Emerson1
01-01-2008, 03:23 PM
[ ] people care
[x] you care
[ ] thread was good
[x] you lose the interwebs

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8098/careometerbu8.gif

Old Tiger
01-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Why tell people to go watch a video that happened years ago? None of those coaches or players are still there so it doesn't matter. Northwestern is the real deal. They could beat any team in Texas.

iknoweverything
01-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Why tell people to go watch a video that happened years ago? None of those coaches or players are still there so it doesn't matter. Northwestern is the real deal. They could beat any team in Texas.

Becase it shows what kind of program they have and how they are coached. Why jump on me for teling people to go watch a video??? Its a cool video imo.

Emerson1
01-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Becase it shows what kind of program they have and how they are coached. Why jump on me for teling people to go watch a video??? Its a cool video imo.
That entire coaching staff was fired...

Old Tiger
01-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Becase it shows what kind of program they have and how they are coached. Why jump on me for teling people to go watch a video??? Its a cool video imo. That coach isn't there anymore so they aren't coached that way nor is it an indicator of what kind of program they have.

iknoweverything
01-01-2008, 04:58 PM
That coach isn't there anymore so they aren't coached that way nor is it an indicator of what kind of program they have.

I am sure you know living there and all. Thanks for the inside information.

Old Tiger
01-01-2008, 04:59 PM
I am sure you know living there and all. Thanks for the inside information. I've talked to people who live in Miami and the area of Dade county they are in is horrible.

Emerson1
01-01-2008, 05:03 PM
I am sure you know living there and all. Thanks for the inside information.
Well it's public knowledge that the entire coaching staff was fired...

iknoweverything
01-01-2008, 05:11 PM
I've talked to people who live in Miami and the area of Dade county they are in is horrible.

Yes i am aware of Dade county being horrible, thanks for that info.

iknoweverything
01-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Well it's public knowledge that the entire coaching staff was fired...

True, but how do you know how the new coaches coach? You dont.

Emerson1
01-01-2008, 05:14 PM
True, but how do you know how the new coaches coach? You dont.
Why would the school district hire coaches that would be no different then the ones they just fired? And I don't think if a coach was like that he would be invited to coach an all star game.

Simple logic, obviously your just a moron

iknoweverything
01-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Why would the school district hire coaches that would be no different then the ones they just fired? And I don't think if a coach was like that he would be invited to coach an all star game.

Maybe, but you dont know him and dont know how he coaches niehter do I. Doesnt matter either way all i was trying to do was tell people that dont know much about them to watch that video. I thought it was interesting.

SpeedOption
01-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Go to the Florida 6A Down Low and post this stuff there.

iknoweverything
01-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by SpeedOption
Go to the Florida 6A Down Low and post this stuff there.

Yeah cause everyting on this site is 3a football related

Old Tiger
01-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Maybe, but you dont know him and dont know how he coaches niehter do I. Doesnt matter either way all i was trying to do was tell people that dont know much about them to watch that video. I thought it was interesting. Well if you watched the entire movie instead of just those clips those coaches were prety good.

bandera7
01-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Northwestern could not beat any team in texas...
They beat Southlake Carroll by 8.
Southlake Carroll was not in the championship here. Nor was the team that beat them.

How does that transfer into them being able to beat any team in Texas? Katy would own them. Euless Trinity also would IMO.

Old Tiger
01-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Northwestern could not beat any team in texas...
They beat Southlake Carroll by 8.
Southlake Carroll was not in the championship here. Nor was the team that beat them.

How does that transfer into them being able to beat any team in Texas? Katy would own them. Euless Trinity also would IMO. Did you see the SLC/MNW game? Any of their players? That team is more talented than any team in Texas and they play as a unit.

bandera7
01-01-2008, 07:59 PM
I gotta disagree...I think Katy could take them and would by a nice margin. Katy is also talented, and they have an incredible program there.

Emerson1
01-01-2008, 08:02 PM
I gotta disagree...I think Katy could take them and would by a nice margin. Katy is also talented, and they have an incredible program there.
I think either team could beat either on any given night, but neither would "by a nice margin".

Old Tiger
01-01-2008, 08:05 PM
I gotta disagree...I think Katy could take them and would by a nice margin. Katy is also talented, and they have an incredible program there. At the time of this game SLC was the team to beat in Texas. Abilene High beat them with Trey and Riley being injured from what I have heard. So in theory they beat the best Texas had to offer at that time.

Emerson1
01-01-2008, 08:27 PM
At the time of this game SLC was the team to beat in Texas. Abilene High beat them with Trey and Riley being injured from what I have heard. So in theory they beat the best Texas had to offer at that time.
It also took a fluke play with no time left when SLC was getting ready to kick the game winning FG.

bandera7
01-01-2008, 10:55 PM
yes but this SLC team also scraped by Rockwall the next week...granted Rockwall is a good football team but not in Katys league by any stretch of the imagination

Old Tiger
01-02-2008, 01:25 AM
yes but this SLC team also scraped by Rockwall the next week...granted Rockwall is a good football team but not in Katys league by any stretch of the imagination SLC played MNW on a saturday. Then had to turn around and only have 2 days to prepare for Rockwall. They played two games in a weeks spand. Especially with the physicality of the MNW game.

bigron15
01-02-2008, 02:22 AM
i just got back from florida and they showed every single state game live. i watched the MNW game and they just dominated..and their QB got hurt. they aired it again about 30 more times along with every other state game. Florida teams dont travel well because there werent that many people there. all the games were played in the Citrus Bowl

Stownhorse
01-02-2008, 02:32 AM
This thread=LAME

Emerson1
01-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by bigron15
i just got back from florida and they showed every single state game live. i watched the MNW game and they just dominated..and their QB got hurt. they aired it again about 30 more times along with every other state game. Florida teams dont travel well because there werent that many people there. all the games were played in the Citrus Bowl
Hopefully it's on FCSA sometime

bandera7
01-02-2008, 06:11 PM
I realize they had a short time to prepare. But all the same, if they were truly on Katy's caliber, it would not have been so close IMO. I just think SLC is not the same team they have been, not even close. I tink that the real representation would have been Katy, or even Euless.

trojan37
01-02-2008, 06:22 PM
I don't think Euless would have been a good represenative in this game. You must forget that at the time when SLC was losing to Miami Northwestern, Trinity was being dominated by Permian on the same night. Trinity turned things around and got revenge on Permian in the playoffs, but neither would have beaten Northwestern on this day. Too big, too fast, too strong. Carroll's defense was also depleted by graduation. They didn't have the same caliber of kids they have had in the past years.

bandera7
01-03-2008, 12:11 AM
I agree that at the time Euless was not the same team. Katy was however. And also, this game should not have been played until after the state championship game. That way, Northwestern would have known that they were going against the best Texas had to offer. I think next year that might be a better idea.

eagles_victory
01-03-2008, 12:14 AM
I agree that at the time Euless was not the same team. Katy was however. And also, this game should not have been played until after the state championship game. That way, Northwestern would have known that they were going against the best Texas had to offer. I think next year that might be a better idea. Your forgetting the ultimate goal is to win a state championship the point of these games is to get you ready for the playoffs and make you the best team you can be. If you play it after the state championship the game serves no purpose.

bandera7
01-03-2008, 12:16 AM
It serves as a more official national championship. Sure, coaches are focused 100% on winning the state championship. But dont tell me that the 5a state winners wouldnt love to be able to announce themselves the national champions after taking on what was apparently the best of the rest?

eagles_victory
01-03-2008, 12:21 AM
It serves as a more official national championship. Sure, coaches are focused 100% on winning the state championship. But dont tell me that the 5a state winners wouldnt love to be able to announce themselves the national champions after taking on what was apparently the best of the rest? What makes that game the national championship? Why dont we worry about having one state champ before we worry about having a true national champ?

bandera7
01-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Ok I do agree with you there. But since it seems like they are closer to having a national champ then a true state champ then why not atleast pursue what seems within reach?

eagles_victory
01-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Ok I do agree with you there. But since it seems like they are closer to having a national champ then a true state champ then why not atleast pursue what seems within reach? That is like saying the best teams every year come from Texas and Florida. What makes a team somewhat of a national champ just because they are the best from either Texas or Florida

bandera7
01-03-2008, 12:26 AM
because consistently Texas and Florida do put up some of the top teams. Look at the national rankings every year. You see a few teams from Texas and atleast one from Florida...all 4 usually in the top 15 as well.

eagles_victory
01-03-2008, 12:29 AM
because consistently Texas and Florida do put up some of the top teams. Look at the national rankings every year. You see a few teams from Texas and atleast one from Florida...all 4 usually in the top 15 as well. playing the best two teams out of texas and florida puts you no closer to a national champ then you are right now

bandera7
01-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Well I will agree that in future years it will not, but this year it would have. And if Florida and Texas start playing, it might set the stage for a national championship to happen, as other states might want in.

eagles_victory
01-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Well I will agree that in future years it will not, but this year it would have. And if Florida and Texas start playing, it might set the stage for a national championship to happen, as other states might want in. how many extra games would you have to add for that to happen. These are high school students who have classes and in some cases play other sports. You will never have a true high school national champ.

bandera7
01-03-2008, 12:42 AM
well most would be willing to do this I can gurantee you. Especially seniors. You arent ready for football to end when it does. And as for classes...You could go regional and it would take maybe three games, and then go four reps from each region...so five extra games maybe...and the regional would only requir maybe one day out of school.

eagles_victory
01-03-2008, 12:51 AM
well most would be willing to do this I can gurantee you. Especially seniors. You arent ready for football to end when it does. And as for classes...You could go regional and it would take maybe three games, and then go four reps from each region...so five extra games maybe...and the regional would only requir maybe one day out of school. 21 games for high school kids? Isnt that a little much