PDA

View Full Version : Which team would Cowboys fans feel most confident against

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Dallas will face either Washington, Tampa Bay, or the Giants in the Divisional round of the playoffs...usually, you'd want to face the lowest seed possible, but from the way a lot of Cowboys fans are talking right now, it seems that they're scared of Washington. So my question is, which team would you feel most confident against facing if you are a Cowboys fan? Would you want a third matchup against a Giants team that you've beaten twice, a first matchup against a Bucs team that was good in a bad division, or a Washington team that's the lowest seed and probably a little more confident than they should be if they roll into Dallas for a second time this year?

piratebg
12-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Tampa Bay is easily the least intimidating of the three.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-31-2007, 04:30 PM
Tampa Bay, easily.

Its never easy playing a team 3 times in one year, even if you beat them both times or split.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Dallas will not reach the NFC Championship if they play like they have been.

SpeedOption
12-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Giants. 4 reasons. 1. Eli 2. Shockey is out (but Bass played well in his spot. 3. Eli. 4 Eli

setxsports
12-31-2007, 09:25 PM
Got to have T.O and newmann back or the season is over.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-31-2007, 10:27 PM
If they face Washington again they wont go into that game overlooking a team. I hope its the Redskins, Cowboys will be ready next time around. Giants they beaten twice and Tampa Bay they could over look them and play flat again.

crzyjournalist03
01-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I've gone back and forth on this for a few days, but I've settled in on the Giants.

Eli won't have Shockey like he did the first two times the Cowboys played them, and he was one of if not the greatest asset they had matchup-wise. They've beaten New York twice, and while it's hard to win a third time, Tom Coughlin's style has a tendency to wear his team down as the year winds down, and we saw flashes of that late in the season.

Tampa Bay would probably be the easiest win out of the bunch, but I'm confident enough with the Cowboys facing the Giants that I think it could help Dallas gain confidence again and give them a better shot the next week against Green Bay/Seattle.

Daddy D 11
01-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I think fans would say tampa bc they dont know alot about them. I mean how many Tampa Bay games have Cowboy fans watched this year?

I would say the Giants, for the same reason speedoption brought up...Eli sucks:doh:

pirate4state
01-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I say bring on the Redskins again!!! I think they'd want to show them what they are capable of! That the 2 regular season games were "flukes" and that now we mean business!! hahaha

Seriously, we need TO & Newman back and for the entire team to start playing with some desire or we are dead in the water! :(

Daddy D 11
01-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Seriously, we need TO & Newman back and for the entire team to start playing with some desire or we are dead in the water! :(

all year ive been worried that they have already played their best football, i just hope they regain enough of it to start getting the job done again

Adidas410s
01-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Washington scares me...A LOT. Tampa isn't a big worry and the Giants are much more than that because of injuries (esp Shockey). However, the Redskins would be coming to Dallas next week on a 5-game win streak, including last week's pounding of an under-manned Cowboys team. That scares me!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
01-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Washington scares me...A LOT. Tampa isn't a big worry and the Giants are much more than that because of injuries (esp Shockey). However, the Redskins would be coming to Dallas next week on a 5-game win streak, including last week's pounding of an under-manned Cowboys team. That scares me!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm not scared, but that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things! I'll probably be drunk!! :eek: :D

c bobcats run
01-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
If they face Washington again they wont go into that game overlooking a team. I hope its the Redskins, Cowboys will be ready next time around. Giants they beaten twice and Tampa Bay they could over look them and play flat again.

The Giants did not look too worn down against the Pats. I hope it is the Bucs.