PDA

View Full Version : Ravens fire Brian Billick

kepdawg
12-31-2007, 02:05 PM
So says the scroll at the bottom of ESPN

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 02:09 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

The "offensive genius" never put together a decent offense in Baltimore, and it became evident as the season wore down that he had worn out his welcome with the team.

Good guy, good coach, and deserves a shot elsewhere, but this was the right move for Baltimore.

Macarthur
12-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
:clap: :clap: :clap:

The "offensive genius" never put together a decent offense in Baltimore, and it became evident as the season wore down that he had worn out his welcome with the team.

Good guy, good coach, and deserves a shot elsewhere, but this was the right move for Baltimore.

Good guy? Everything I've seen with him, he's a pompus ass.

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Good guy as in never having found himself in legal trouble or in the middle of a questionable situation like some other coaches and managers in sports have been of late.

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Did you see when the Ravens training camp was on HBO? He
really came off as arrogant on that series.

runthequarter
12-31-2007, 02:38 PM
He and Ray Lewis always seemed like they were above everyone. ESPN analyst and SI guru Petr King reported yesterday Billick would not be fired. Yeah he was a Guru in Sota? He never had any weapons with the Ravens. QB was always a problem. No real threat at WR. I guess him and the Fins GM can look together. And Martz. Looks like we could get a whole coaching staff with these guys. I wonder if they have the Tuna on speed dial?

sahen
12-31-2007, 02:40 PM
wont the texans be needing an offensive coordinator now that sherman is gone?

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by sahen
wont the texans be needing an offensive coordinator now that sherman is gone?

They can have Mike Martz. :thinking: