PDA

View Full Version : It was a horrible way to lose!

Phil C
12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
The Aggies drove from about their own one yard line all the way to the Penn State 2 yard and on fourth down which looked like less than a yard away they didn't get the first down because McGee slipped (which may have been due to the defenders around him). It would have tied the game and maybe overtime but it cost the Aggies a chance. Looking back which is always accurate they probably should have tried JL one more time since it was less than a yard. If they could have got that first down with a first and goal who knows what would have happened. A tough way to lose after all that work.

STANG RED
12-31-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The Aggies drove from about their own one yard line all the way to the Penn State 2 yard and on fourth down which looked like less than a yard away they didn't get the first down because McGee slipped (which may have been due to the defenders around him). It would have tied the game and maybe overtime but it cost the Aggies a chance. Looking back which is always accurate they probably should have tried JL one more time since it was less than a yard. If they could have got that first down with a first and goal who knows what would have happened. A tough way to lose after all that work.

Well at least they had a chance, which is much better than most thought would happen. They slugged it out toe to toe with a very good team, and gave themselves the oppertunity to win in the end. Plenty of good athletes on the Ags, but need much better offensive scemes and play calling imo. Hope all that gets ironed out next year.

Bull Butter
12-31-2007, 10:38 AM
It's been said that if you give JoePa a month to prepare, he will beat you. He's got a 23-10-1 record in Bowl games.

SpeedOption
12-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
It's been said that if you give JoePa a month to prepare, he will beat you. He's got a 23-10-1 record in Bowl games.

Ask Miami and Vinnie. The Aggies had the better team and should have won.

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 12:20 PM

Just another case of the Big Ten showing it's superiority over
the Big Two..uh, I mean Big Twelve.:doh:

Lesson number two will be today when Indiana and Okie St.
play.:thinking: :D

runthequarter
12-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Okie State aint that good.

Bull Butter
12-31-2007, 04:21 PM
But their coach is a man. He's 40

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by runthequarter
Okie State aint that good.

I predict that they come out with a win.

HM33
12-31-2007, 04:24 PM

lmao... nice.... I'm not to big into the bowls this year, well cuz the BCS is retrated. But thats just me.

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 04:57 PM

..and he ain't scared of any FEMALE reporters.:thinking:

Phil C
12-31-2007, 05:02 PM

Hey Bull that makes my 59 1/2 years mighty powerful!

:D

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Hey Bull that makes my 59 1/2 years mighty powerful!

You still break your age down by 1/2's?:thinking:

Maybe I should try that for the next 3 years and 1 month. It
might make 40 seem alot further off.:D

zebrablue2
12-31-2007, 05:08 PM

J-Train was the correct call. Even if the defense knew he was coming, he would have gotten a yard. And if not, they stopped your best short yardage threat. Oh well, enough said..

Phil C
12-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
You still break your age down by 1/2's?:thinking:

Maybe I should try that for the next 3 years and 1 month. It
might make 40 seem alot further off.:D

runthequarter
12-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
J-Train was the correct call. Even if the defense knew he was coming, he would have gotten a yard. And if not, they stopped your best short yardage threat. Oh well, enough said..

Derrrrrrrrrrr The Aggies should have won.

CHS_CG
12-31-2007, 08:31 PM

must we re-live that

jimmyceatworld
12-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by runthequarter
Derrrrrrrrrrr The Aggies should have won.

definately could have, but I don't know about should have