PDA

View Full Version : I'm Home

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Finally, after spending a week in San Antonio, I'm home. It could have been a more enjoyable experience with a win, but it was an experience nonetheless. Just wanted you all to know who were worrying that I made it back in one piece without incident.

Notables from the Alamo Bowl:
The school really treats its players well on bowl game trips, as does the bowl sponsors. I actually got to see a lot of things and meet a lot of people that I consider myself lucky to. I met and spoke to Joe Paterno, which is really cool, but no picture or autograph, along with Craig James, Doug Flutie, and the gorgeous Erin Andrews. I wish I could have been home for Christmas with my family, but I had to spend it with my team instead. For those of you who watched the game, maybe you saw me on the sidelines a few times, I was known to pop up on a few instances. There are no excuses for the game, we practiced hard and prepared well, and regardless of what everyone may believe, the coaches put everything they had into getting a win for us regardless of whether or not they had a job waiting for them afterwards, and that is something that I will always respect them for. Now, onto the offseason and hopes of a better season next year.

eagles_victory
12-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Finally, after spending a week in San Antonio, I'm home. It could have been a more enjoyable experience with a win, but it was an experience nonetheless. Just wanted you all to know who were worrying that I made it back in one piece without incident.

Notables from the Alamo Bowl:
The school really treats its players well on bowl game trips, as does the bowl sponsors. I actually got to see a lot of things and meet a lot of people that I consider myself lucky to. I met and spoke to Joe Paterno, which is really cool, but no picture or autograph, along with Craig James, Doug Flutie, and the gorgeous Erin Andrews. I wish I could have been home for Christmas with my family, but I had to spend it with my team instead. For those of you who watched the game, maybe you saw me on the sidelines a few times, I was known to pop up on a few instances. There are no excuses for the game, we practiced hard and prepared well, and regardless of what everyone may believe, the coaches put everything they had into getting a win for us regardless of whether or not they had a job waiting for them afterwards, and that is something that I will always respect them for. Now, onto the offseason and hopes of a better season next year. that sounds like an awesome expierence glad you enjoyed it man. Good luck next year

GreenMonster
12-31-2007, 12:48 AM
and the gorgeous Erin Andrews. She was certainly smokin' on TV. Did you drool? I might have. Definitely would have stared.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-31-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
She was certainly smokin' on TV. Did you drool? I might have. Definitely would have stared.

Yeah, she caught me staring once. I grinned and gave her a wink and she smiled. Sadly, I don't think she was interested, but she might have been a little, haha.

iknoweverything
12-31-2007, 02:28 AM
Unless Sherman makes a qb change results will be the same next year. I hope he makes the change. Such a waste letting a guy play that cant throw and all that talent sitting on the sidelines.

big daddy russ
12-31-2007, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by iknoweverything
Unless Sherman makes a qb change results will be the same next year. I hope he makes the change. Such a waste letting a guy play that cant throw and all that talent sitting on the sidelines.
They said the same thing about Jason Campbell at Auburn after his junior year. All he did was lead Auburn to an undefeated season as a senior and went down as a first round pick.

eagles_victory
12-31-2007, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
They said the same thing about Jason Campbell at Auburn after his junior year. All he did was lead Auburn to an undefeated season as a senior and went down as a first round pick. Having the best 2 Rbs in the country helped some. But he was a great QB and has a bright NFL future

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-31-2007, 03:36 AM
Yeah, she caught me staring once. I grinned and gave her a wink and she smiled. Sadly, I don't think she was interested, but she might have been a little, haha.

lol "playa" haha.

Good luck next year bro.

3afan
12-31-2007, 06:46 AM
even tho aTm lost the game that must have been a great experience - congrats ...

CheerMom
12-31-2007, 09:33 AM
Glad to hear it was a great experience for you.

Ranger Mom
12-31-2007, 09:35 AM
Congrats Gary....best of luck to you next season!!

Phil C
12-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Great effort BBDE by you and the team. Too bad about that fourth down miss. Good luck next year.

McGee can pass. Ask UT. And I saw him pass when he was in high school.

And for BBDE and the Aggies

:clap: :clap: :clap:

STANG RED
12-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Glad you made home alright Gary. Yall played a good game and had a chance to win, when most thought they would blow yall out. Yall have a bunch a good athletes down there and should have a chance to be right in the thick of things the next few years for sure. Good Luck!

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Now for the REAL question BBDE,

How do you like the Wii???? :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

It's pretty fun, actually. Graphics are rather weak, but that's going to be a given after seeing a PS3 run a game on 1080p. I don't think they're worth the $250 for them, and especially not the increased price due to shortages, but that's just me. It's not all that bad though, it's fun to play and is a good party thing for sure.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/

Be careful with those things......

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 11:44 AM
It's pretty fun, actually. Graphics are rather weak, but that's going to be a given after seeing a PS3 run a game on 1080p. I don't think they're worth the $250 for them, and especially not the increased price due to shortages, but that's just me. It's not all that bad though, it's fun to play and is a good party thing for sure.

I bought a family bundle the day after Thanksgiving and have thoroughly enjoyed it. You can get an S-video input for it that allows some games to be displayed in HD, although I believe it's at 720p.

It's great to play with in groups...my grandparents came over this weekend and loved it.

And as far as the issues that Breck mentioned, all I can say to those people is "Here's your sign." Every unit now comes with a protective cover and a wrist strap for the control unit, so there's no excuse for throwing it through your television or using it so hard that you break it.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I know you gotta do something pretty dumb to have accidents like on the website. The lanyards were initially defective, though, and were breaking very easily. As for me, I'm paranoid that I'll 'get my sign' if I buy one and have to buy a new tv, which wouldn't be economically wise.

The site, you gotta admit, is hilarious though.