PDA

View Full Version : Titans/Colts

eagles_victory
12-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Rod Broinas from 54 yards to put Tennessee up by 3.

piratebg
12-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Vince went down again with that quad injury. Collins has done good to keep get the Titans ahead and has them in scoring position again with about 3 minutes to go.

piratebg
12-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Add another FG for Broinas. Titans up 16-10 with 2:56 left.

iknoweverything
12-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Boy does Vince Young suck 9td's and 17 int's

piratebg
12-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by iknoweverything
Boy does Vince Young suck 9td's and 17 int's

But somehow they still find ways to win. He was having a very good game tonight, but then he got hurt.

piratebg
12-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Ten 16
Indy 10
Final

The Titans are in and the Browns are out. The AFC playoffs are set.

eagles_victory
12-30-2007, 11:12 PM
come on dungy take the timeout. If Im Cleveland im not very happy about that at all

piratebg
12-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
come on dungy take the timeout. If Im Cleveland im not very happy about that at all

Man those Browns fans are screaming all kinds of crap about Dungy right now.

http://thebrownsboard.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/7246085224

kaorder1999
12-30-2007, 11:31 PM
sucks for the browns

eagles_victory
12-30-2007, 11:32 PM
i was just waiting to read a sucide joke when i saw that thread.

Emerson1
12-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Yay for the cowboys. The draft pick is one better now.

piratebg
12-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Yay for the cowboys. The draft pick is one better now.

Hell Yeah !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

jimmyceatworld
12-31-2007, 12:02 AM
For some reason I kept on thinking Tony Dungy kind of wanted the Titans to win. I know, I know, that's crazy talk.

Emerson1
12-31-2007, 12:13 AM
I would rather play the titans then the browns

iknoweverything
12-31-2007, 12:24 AM
Well yeah the Titans have no passing game

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-31-2007, 12:27 AM
This game was crap but it was the colts fault for loseing.

IHStangFan
12-31-2007, 12:29 AM
come on dungy take the timeout. If Im Cleveland im not very happy about that at all Cleveland shouldn't have to be counting on another team to get them in. In my opinion the only people they can be pissed at about missing the playoffs is themselves.

Phil C
12-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Cleveland shouldn't have to be counting on another team to get them in. In my opinion the only people they can be pissed at about missing the playoffs is themselves.

I agree. You are in trouble when you can't control your own destiny but the Colts should have called the last timeout. I don't think it would have changed things but it would have shown a little more professional effort.

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 11:13 AM
If I'm Dungy, I probably don't call the timeout either...if you call the timeout, the Titans are in field goal range, and most likely kick another field goal, and your team loses by 9 instead of 6. The likelihood of Tennessee making that kick is about 1000 times greater than the odds of Tennessee fumbling a snap on fourth down that's returned for a TD and a victory.

I thought Dungy showed a lot of class by accepting defeat in a game that didn't matter to him anyway rather than stretching it out for one more play just to see what happened.

Emerson1
12-31-2007, 11:16 AM
It's the browns fault for not winning more games. They should of taken control of their own season earlier in the year

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's the browns fault for not winning more games. They should of taken control of their own season earlier in the year

or beat the bumbling Bengals the week before at home.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-31-2007, 03:27 PM
Anyone see the big hit last night? Ouch! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THu7VvAquho) Wonder if he'll get fined for it. Looks like helmet to helmet to me. To Henry's credit, he got up pretty quick.

eagles_victory
12-31-2007, 03:37 PM
IMO these teams who have already clinched should show a little more professionalism in the last game of the season.

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 03:45 PM
IMO these teams who have already clinched should show a little more professionalism in the last game of the season.

where is professionalism lacking?

eagles_victory
12-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
where is professionalism lacking? If you watched that game you cant tell me the Colts played to win that game. Running the ball taking forever to huddle up with under 3 minutes to go. I dont mind playing the backups but at least call plays and try to win the game.

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 03:53 PM
If you watched that game you cant tell me the Colts played to win that game. Running the ball taking forever to huddle up with under 3 minutes to go. I dont mind playing the backups but at least call plays and try to win the game.

Well, if you watched the backups you know why they were running the ball.

John Madden put it best when he said that the Colts should immediately give Peyton Manning a raise after watching Sorgi play.

eagles_victory
12-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Well, if you watched the backups you know why they were running the ball.

John Madden put it best when he said that the Colts should immediately give Peyton Manning a raise after watching Sorgi play. i wish the colts would of won the Titans are the worst team to be in the NFL playoffs in years.

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 04:04 PM
i wish the colts would of won the Titans are the worst team to be in the NFL playoffs in years.

no way...I don't even think they're the worst team in THIS year's playoffs...in fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Titans win against the Chargers (especially if the Chargers show up and play like they did for the first half of the season)

eagles_victory
12-31-2007, 04:05 PM
no way...I don't even think they're the worst team in THIS year's playoffs...in fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Titans win against the Chargers (especially if the Chargers show up and play like they did for the first half of the season) no way you arent going to win a playoff game with Vince Young as your QB. Who is worse that is in the playoffs this year then Tennessee?

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 04:09 PM
no way you arent going to win a playoff game with Vince Young as your QB. Who is worse that is in the playoffs this year then Tennessee?

First off, are we sure that Vince will even play this weekend? If his quad hurts, Collins may be starting.

Secondly, VY is better than Train Wrex Grossman, and they made it to the Super Bowl (yeah, their defense was good, but the Titans have a pretty good D themselves.)

And to answer your last question: the Redskins. 9-7...the Titans are a 10-6 team, and if the teams played head to head, I'd pick the Titans.

eagles_victory
12-31-2007, 04:10 PM
First off, are we sure that Vince will even play this weekend? If his quad hurts, Collins may be starting.

Secondly, VY is better than Train Wrex Grossman, and they made it to the Super Bowl (yeah, their defense was good, but the Titans have a pretty good D themselves.)

And to answer your last question: the Redskins. 9-7...the Titans are a 10-6 team, and if the teams played head to head, I'd pick the Titans. no way not the way Washington is playing right now. IMO Tampa may be the weakest team in the NFC playoffs i think they are also 9-7

As for Vince playing he probably will Fisher said last night if needed to he could of come back last night.

piratebg
12-31-2007, 04:11 PM

And to answer your last question: the Redskins. 9-7...the Titans are a 10-6 team, and if the teams played head to head, I'd pick the Titans.

I'd have to disagree with that last part. The Redskins are playing with a lot of heart right now and are one of the tough opponents in the playoffs. They may turn some heads. This isn't the same time that went to the playoffs a couple years ago on nothing but defense.

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 04:21 PM
no way not the way Washington is playing right now. IMO Tampa may be the weakest team in the NFC playoffs i think they are also 9-7

As for Vince playing he probably will Fisher said last night if needed to he could of come back last night.

Fine, then Tampa is worse than Tennessee as well...we need to realize that the Titans went 4-2 in a division with the Jaguars and Colts...that's no easy task.

And I'll stand by believing that Washington is overrated right now. Todd Collins didn't play for 10 years for a reason. They beat up on a Cowboys team that couldn't have cared less about the game to get into the playoffs, but they wouldn't have made the playoffs this year if they played in the AFC.

Let's not forget that the 'Skins lost four in a row prior to winning four in a row. One of those losses came at the hands of the Bucs. Their four wins to close out the year were against a lousy Bears team (at the time), Giants and Vikings teams who were backsliding at the end of the year and a Cowboys team who didn't give a flip.

Washington deserves to be in the playoffs, and I'll admit they've been playing some pretty inspired ball and have looked impressive. But given the body of work, I'll be surprised if they come out of Seattle with a victory, and there's no way in heck that they're playing in the NFC Championship game.