PDA

View Full Version : Best Place Kicker in NFL

eagles_victory
12-30-2007, 10:28 PM
In the playoffs the game can often come down to who has the best place kicker. Who do you guys think the best place kicker in the league is and the best place kicker on a playoff team?

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
In the playoffs the game can often come down to who has the best place kicker. Who do you guys think the best place kicker in the league is and the best place kicker on a playoff team?

Vinatieri for the Colts has been money all his career, he's had a few more missed FGs this year but as a whole he's done excellent. Jason Elam is also a good candidate.

Antec
12-30-2007, 11:09 PM
East Bernard graduate Shane Lechler is best punter in the NFL

Hands down and is going to the Pro Bowl

eagles_victory
12-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Antec
East Bernard graduate Shane Lechler is best punter in the NFL

Hands down and is going to the Pro Bowl is he still on Oakland? Mat Mcbriar is the best punter in the league IMO

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
is he still on Oakland? Mat Mcbriar is the best punter in the league IMO

Nick Folk is far from being considered the best kicker but he had a heck of a year this year in Dallas

BreckTxLonghorn
12-31-2007, 11:00 AM
I like Bironas of Tennessee. He leads the league in field goals made (35 or 36 I believe) and broke the records this year for most FG in a game (6). He's been very clutch this year, and with a defense like Tennessee has, and unfortunately an offense like Tennessee has, his leg will be crucial to them going anywhere.

Of course I like Folk too--very confident guy-- but Vinatieri is the king of kickers until someone unseats him.

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 11:04 AM
of the NFC teams in the playoffs, if I need a kicker to make a 50 yard field goal with no time left, I'm going with Folk.

In the AFC, I'm probably going with Bironas this year, just because Vinatieri has missed a few clutch kicks this year.

waterboy
01-02-2008, 01:46 PM
His name sounds like he oughta be a basketball player, but I'll have to go with Suishem (sp?), the Redskin kicker. He kicked a 47-yarder against Dallas on a cold, wet, grass field and there was never a doubt about it. Don't know the exact stats, but he hasn't missed many this year from any distance.

Sweetwater Red
01-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Jason Hanson used to be.:(

crzyjournalist03
01-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
His name sounds like he oughta be a basketball player, but I'll have to go with Suishem (sp?), the Redskin kicker. He kicked a 47-yarder against Dallas on a cold, wet, grass field and there was never a doubt about it. Don't know the exact stats, but he hasn't missed many this year from any distance.

I do know that he couldn't beat out Martin Gramatica last year in Dallas.

piratebg
01-02-2008, 01:51 PM
I'll go with Bironas. He's 35 of 39 and 4 of 5 from 50+.

sinton66
01-02-2008, 04:41 PM
In questions such as this, I think you need to look at career totals. One of the best ever is Jeff Wilkins of the Rams.