PDA

View Full Version : Undefeated State Champs!

BobcatBenny
12-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Just thought I would remind everyone, since Celina does not get equal billing on the 3ADL home and record pages. :)

Emerson1
12-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Who?

pirate4state
12-30-2007, 08:57 PM
:hand: :hand:

Both undefeated state champs are recognized on the home, undefeated & state champ page!

boudreaux
12-30-2007, 08:59 PM
LH is better thats why.

kaorder1999
12-30-2007, 09:00 PM
who was the last team Celina lost to?

pirate4state
12-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by boudreaux
LH is better thats why.

:rolleyes:

piratebg
12-30-2007, 09:02 PM
You'd think just winning the state championship would be enough for some people. :rolleyes:

bobcat1
12-31-2007, 06:16 AM
Benny got dogpiled. It looks like piling on to me. LMAO. You mention Celina here and you get smacked 5 times quick. You mention the Downlow Darlings and all you hear is smooch smooch smooch that arse. Oh well we are here and there is nothing you or I can do until we go 4A. Guess what, they won't like us either because we will take their toys home with us when we get there too! :p :p Oh I forgot ;)

3afan
12-31-2007, 06:43 AM
arrogance wont win ya an points, by the way ;)

congrats CHS & LH ... :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
12-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Maybe I am out of the loop here, but how can you say Celina doesn't get equal billing on those pages??

:confused:

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 10:26 AM
Off the top of your head. Does anyone remember who played in
last year's Super Bowl or BCS title game?:thinking:

Ranger Mom
12-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Chicago Bears???

Am I 1 for 4??

Gsquared
12-31-2007, 10:28 AM
Haha, harldy but think Super Bowl was Colts vs Bears, BCS was Ohio State vs Florida

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Haha, harldy but think Super Bowl was Colts vs Bears, BCS was Ohio State vs Florida

You are right. I'll ask a similar question about the 3A division II
'07 championship game this time next year. :D

CelinaProud
12-31-2007, 12:36 PM

What is the point? I came on here after the game, made a nice post, started a congrats thread for CS, and still, weeks later, the mudslinging continues. OK big boys/little men, you hate Celina......

THANKS FOR THE INPUT! Here's a bottle, the nipple's just about fit for your experience.

OH AND...;)

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by CelinaProud
What is the point? I came on here after the game, made a nice post, started a congrats thread for CS, and still, weeks later, the mudslinging continues. OK big boys/little men, you hate Celina......

THANKS FOR THE INPUT! Here's a bottle, the nipple's just about fit for your experience.

OH AND...;)

be careful about throwing out the word "nipple" around here...there are plenty of guys who really enjoy that word...

CelinaTurf
12-31-2007, 12:47 PM

Well now I suspect that'll be true youngin' but Plano, Southlake and Brownwood....they'll remember us....oh and lest we embrace our early onset alzheimer's, so will the reporting media for high school football in Texas. Good luck to Sweetwater tho-I'm sure we'll all be chatting up a storm about ya'll as well next season.

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
be careful about throwing out the word "nipple" around here...there are plenty of guys who really enjoy that word...

+1

:D :devil: :D

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 12:51 PM

OH AND...;)

Us Sweetwater posters take a beating just for saying
"Sweetwater is good". Can you imagine if we had the most
SC's in the state? :thinking: :D

CelinaTurf
12-31-2007, 12:52 PM

Well now there is truth in them there facts....NIPPLE NIPPLE NIPPLE!

kepdawg
12-31-2007, 12:54 PM

At least then maybe Snyder would actually shut up! :D

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
At least then maybe Snyder would actually shut up! :D

If they end up in our district next year, they'll have no choice.:thinking: :devil:

Ranger Mom
12-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Maybe I am out of the loop here, but how can you say Celina doesn't get equal billing on those pages??

Hmmm....I see I still don't have an answer to my question!!

CelinaProud
12-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Hmmm....I see I still don't have an answer to my question!!

Okay, I'll answer that one, not that my opinion is speaking for Celina as a whole...I do not think it's less coverage, I think it's coverage that immediately has a different tone due to the support system in place on the 3ADL. There are a majority of loyalties on here that do not, have not and may never follow Celina and so from post 1 involving Celina, there is usually some pithy remark that is taken to a place of disrespect rapidly, but then a wink and a smile is suppose to gloss over the true "screw-you" of it all. And as one person on here told me this year, all of the posts he/she post, especially the little below the belt zingers, have a strong element of his/her truth to them. In other words, the nasty little remarks, which are plentiful with regard to Celina ,are seemingly heartfelt.

Now, I have heard that there is a difference in "old school" posters from Celina and "new" posters from Celina. I have also heard that Celina posters are over sensitive and arrogant.

Here's what I KNOW to be true; I logged on here two years ago for the fun of it. I monitored this board until I joined this year. I did not come to be "new", arrogant or oversensitive, but in the process I have had several posters, I will not name, and maybe a mod, confront me about things I never said, share personal information out of school and then try and pick apart my posts to a point of ridicule. In fact, when one of the ladies on here pointed out that I was spouting off about UIL policies and should review them first (she did it very kindly by the way!) and I started a thread to own my mistake (after I read all of those stupid rules and regs in my down time) another poster used that previous mistake to flat out attack me at a later date, and when I called him on it, didn't respond.

ALSO, I have seen redundant attacks on other Celina posters...just throw down, hard hitting, in you face, attacks. Sometimes with provocation, and sometimes completely without and it gets NASTY quick, on both sides of the coin. I don't want anyone to think I'm saying Celina posters are complete innocents, they often come back just as hard, if not harder, but then....what other options are they given? There is a "gang up" quality, and a name-calling and stereotyping atmosphere far too often.

Truth is, it is much less that way for other schools, namely LH (who I respect completely, inclusive of many of its posters, etc).

Now, you specifically RM, do not seem to participate in these endeavors, and neither has LHPM in my opinion. However, loyalties are loyalties and perhaps that is the defining difference on this board of air.

I think Celina is equally repped here, but it is sometimes slower, and often times, it has a underlying tone that isn't welcoming or congratulatory. That's my buck and a half and only mine!

Let me say one last thing, if you don't agree with it, that's okay too, because it's my opinion, not yours:) But it is my opinion.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

CelinaTurf
12-31-2007, 02:02 PM
Okay, I'll answer that one, not that my opinion is speaking for Celina as a whole...I do not think it's less coverage, I think it's coverage that immediately has a different tone due to the support system in place on the 3ADL. There are a majority of loyalties on here that do not, have not and may never follow Celina and so from post 1 involving Celina, there is usually some pithy remark that is taken to a place of disrespect rapidly, but then a wink and a smile is suppose to gloss over the true "screw-you" of it all. And as one person on here told me this year, all of the posts he/she post, especially the little below the belt zingers, have a strong element of his/her truth to them. In other words, the nasty little remarks, which are plentiful with regard to Celina ,are seemingly heartfelt.

Now, I have heard that there is a difference in "old school" posters from Celina and "new" posters from Celina. I have also heard that Celina posters are over sensitive and arrogant.

Here's what I KNOW to be true; I logged on here two years ago for the fun of it. I monitored this board until I joined this year. I did not come to be "new", arrogant or oversensitive, but in the process I have had several posters, I will not name, and maybe a mod, confront me about things I never said, share personal information out of school and then try and pick apart my posts to a point of ridicule. In fact, when one of the ladies on here pointed out that I was spouting off about UIL policies and should review them first (she did it very kindly by the way!) and I started a thread to own my mistake (after I read all of those stupid rules and regs in my down time) another poster used that previous mistake to flat out attack me at a later date, and when I called him on it, didn't respond.

ALSO, I have seen redundant attacks on other Celina posters...just throw down, hard hitting, in you face, attacks. Sometimes with provocation, and sometimes completely without and it gets NASTY quick, on both sides of the coin. I don't want anyone to think I'm saying Celina posters are complete innocents, they often come back just as hard, if not harder, but then....what other options are they given? There is a "gang up" quality, and a name-calling and stereotyping atmosphere far too often.

Truth is, it is much less that way for other schools, namely LH (who I respect completely, inclusive of many of its posters, etc).

Now, you specifically RM, do not seem to participate in these endeavors, and neither has LHPM in my opinion. However, loyalties are loyalties and perhaps that is the defining difference on this board of air.

I think Celina is equally repped here, but it is sometimes slower, and often times, it has a underlying tone that isn't welcoming or congratulatory. That's my buck and a half and only mine!

Let me say one last thing, if you don't agree with it, that's okay too, because it's my opinion, not yours:) But it is my opinion.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
+1 Girlie! GOOD JOB!

kepdawg
12-31-2007, 02:04 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

So the pic on the home page has a different tone to it? Celina's listing on the undefeated page has a different tone to it? :confused:

I understand and agree with your general point. I just don't see how it applies to this particular situation. :thinking:

CelinaProud
12-31-2007, 02:11 PM
So the pic on the home page has a different tone to it? Celina's listing on the undefeated page has a different tone to it? :confused:

I understand and agree with your general point. I just don't see how it applies to this particular situation. :thinking:

Good Grief Kep. This is what I'm talking about.....It aint the representation that's THAT different, it's the tone and the fact that every Celina post in knit picked into oblivion.

Now, I have read you enough to know that you very rarely beat the heck out of Celina posters but you do stir the pot and so do I sometimes....Again, maybe you don't see it the way I do, and that's why I said it was MY opinion, but I do, sincerely, appreciate YOUR opinion. I don't think what you said is really applicable in this situation, but then, that's why we differ. However, I also agree with my general statement.
:D

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 02:12 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This still doesn't resolve the fact that Liberty Hill :inlove: would
have taken Celina to the wood shed this year.:thinking:

Truth be told, if sarcasm wasn't allowed on this board. I would
have never signed up. I take shots towards Sweetwater with
a grain of salt and try to respond with something witty. That's
what its all about. Having a sense of humor and knowing by a
poster's reputation whether his/her words are meant in fun or
intended to be disrespectful.:)

Oh, and please quit posting long grammatically correct uh...posts
on here. They're hard for us less educated to decipher.:D

Ranger Mom
12-31-2007, 02:14 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

WOW!! I don't know what else to say!!:p

I still don't see where the below statement is correct....(which was what I was questioning).

Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Just thought I would remind everyone, since Celina does not get equal billing on the 3ADL home and record pages. :)

MY question:

They are BOTH on the home page, complete with pics and all..is it because LH is first in the order??

But, that can't be, because on the undefeated page, Celina is the first in the order.

Is it because LH broke the tie-breaker by being first in the order on the State Champs page??

That was what my question was, how can anyone say they don't get equal billing on the those pages??

Actually....since BobCatBenny is the one who made the statement, he is probably the only one that can answer the question.

Oh Benny boy.....where ARE YOU????

kepdawg
12-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Good Grief Kep. This is what I'm talking about.....It aint the representation that's THAT different, it's the tone and the fact that every Celina post in knit picked into oblivion.

Now, I have read you enough to know that you very rarely beat the heck out of Celina posters but you do stir the pot and so do I sometimes....Again, maybe you don't see it the way I do, and that's why I said it was MY opinion, but I do, sincerely, appreciate YOUR opinion. I don't think what you said is really applicable in this situation, but then, that's why we differ. However, I also agree with my general statement.
:D

I'll be the first to admit I stir the pot, especially in regards to Celina, but also in regards to instances when I don't think things line up as they are being presented.

As I said, I see and understand your point. I just don't see where it fits in regard to this post and Benny's claim that Celina does not get equal billing on the 3ADL home and record pages.

Perhaps you can further explain how Celina is not getting equal billing on the home page and record pages. Help me understand!

Ranger Mom
12-31-2007, 02:18 PM
I'll be the first to admit I stir the pot, especially in regards to Celina, but also in regards to instances when I don't think things line up as they are being presented.

As I said, I see and understand your point. I just don't see where it fits in regard to this post and Benny's claim that Celina does not get equal billing on the 3ADL home and record pages.

Perhaps you can further explain how Celina is not getting equal billing on the home page and record pages. Help me understand!

When you understand, can you explain it to me...pretty please??

Yall have fun..I'm gone for the day!!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-31-2007, 02:25 PM
It aint the representation that's THAT different, it's the tone and the fact that every Celina post in knit picked into oblivion.

Maybe because of threads like these?:confused:

BobcatBenny
12-31-2007, 02:30 PM

It has all been updated now. But that was just a nudge to see if we could get it done. :devil: :nerd: :eek: :p

So, I was just having fun with the "IN" crowd. :D

Sincerely,
The Arrogant Crowd :kiss:

runthequarter
12-31-2007, 02:33 PM
LH is still better get over it. Ok then split it. Each gets a half.

Runnin Panther
12-31-2007, 02:35 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

CelinaProud, Celina is not the only team represented on this site that feels they are not being given the respect they deserve. Ask the Giddings posters how they feel, they take plenty of bashing. Liberty Hill has taken their share of bashing too, most every team has at one time or another. The point I’m trying to make is that’s what goes on, on boards like this. Most posters have extreme loyalty to the team they support and are not very open minded, myself included.

Part of the price you pay for backing a winning program is taking some heat. Just be glad you’re getting the heat because that means your still winning.

BobcatBenny
12-31-2007, 02:36 PM
. . . Perhaps you can further explain how Celina is not getting equal billing on the home page and record pages. Help me understand!

The updates have been made now. They were not completed as of yesterday.

Rixey has some work to do on the Region II page and I see that there are a few photos on the State Champ page now, but that is no big deal. The Undefeated list has also been updated now.

Really wasn't that big of a deal, but I thought it had been long enough even with the holidays for the "IN" crowd to take 5 and update it. So it was mostly just an opportunity to stir from the Arrogant position. :thinking:

kepdawg
12-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
The updates have been made now. They were not completed as of yesterday.

Rixey has some work to do on the Region II page and I see that there are a few photos on the State Champ page now, but that is no big deal. The Undefeated list has also been updated now.

Really wasn't that big of a deal, but I thought it had been long enough even with the holidays for the "IN" crowd to take 5 and update it. So it was mostly just an opportunity to stir from the Arrogant position. :thinking:

Oh, okay! I don't look at any of that stuff unless somebody complains about it anyway! :D

runthequarter
12-31-2007, 02:48 PM
When the season is over they may just quit doing their jobs on the updats. Its common on many sites. No biggie. Everyone knows who won.

alaskacat
12-31-2007, 03:29 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

+25...Thanks for saying that...:inlove:

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by alaskacat
+25...Thanks for saying that...:inlove:

Oh, she's just a show off.:thinking: ;)

alaskacat
12-31-2007, 03:35 PM
[B]This still doesn't resolve the fact that Liberty Hill :inlove: would
have taken Celina to the wood shed this year.:thinking:

So got get the litle purple people eaters and set the game up, I'm sure we could resolve this in about 48 minutes

:thinking:

But you would probably just duck the confrontation anyway so whats the use...kinda smells like fowl to me:foul:

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 03:39 PM
So got get the litle purple people eaters and set the game up, I'm sure we could resolve this in about 48 minutes

:thinking:

But you would probably just duck the confrontation anyway so whats the use...kinda smells like fowl to me:foul:

Nice way to cut this out of the entire post and make it look like
it has an entirely different meaning.:clap: :rolleyes:

Panther One
12-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Did you read through any of our playoff threads? People attacked us just about every way possible. We were called classless more than I can remember. If you spend the majority of your time reading posts regarding Celina, you will be exposed to a lot of people taking shots at Celina. Go back and read our playoff threads that were 20+ pages long and you'll find plenty of the same being directed our way.

I don't want to sound rude, but if you don't like what people say about Celina on here, quit visiting the message board. Message boards are places for fans to come and express their thoughts or opinions. I've never understood why people who have a problem with what people are saying feel the need to complain about it. The moderation on this board is strict enough already. You are still allowed to have an opinion and if we ever lose that, I'll be gone. Yeah, some people spend all their time trying to get under the skin of others. If you don't like it, just ignore it.

piratebg
12-31-2007, 03:41 PM
I can't believe this crap is still going on. What a way to end the year. :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Did you read through any of our playoff threads? People attacked us just about every way possible. We were called classless more than I can remember. If you spend the majority of your time reading posts regarding Celina, you will be exposed to a lot of people taking shots at Celina. Go back and read our playoff threads that were 20+ pages long and you'll find plenty of the same being directed our way.

I don't want to sound rude, but if you don't like what people say about Celina on here, quit visiting the message board. Message boards are places for fans to come and express their thoughts or opinions. I've never understood why people who have a problem with what people are saying feel the need to complain about it. The moderation on this board is strict enough already. You are still allowed to have an opinion and if we ever lose that, I'll be gone. Yeah, some people spend all their time trying to get under the skin of others. If you don't like it, just ignore it.

Oh, LH get over it. You know Celina would have taken you to the
wood shed if ya'll would have played.:thinking: :D

alaskacat
12-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Oh, LH get over it. You know Celina would have taken you to the
wood shed if ya'll would have played.:thinking: :D
:p

piratebg
12-31-2007, 03:48 PM
So what do you do to them in the wood shed? Please don't tell me something out of Deliverance.

Sweetwater Red
12-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
So what do you do to them in the wood shed? Please don't tell me something out of Deliverance.

Nah. Just trying a different term. I can't stand donkey stomped.

piratebg
12-31-2007, 04:00 PM
So you are gonna take them to woodshed to get donkey stomped. Gotcha :thumbsup:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-31-2007, 05:00 PM
Trust me...everyone knows that Celina won state, and I think they get plenty of billing or whatever. Look at the rediculus amount of threads being made about it. I'm pretty sure everyone has the message that they won state.

alaskacat
12-31-2007, 05:20 PM
I guess that means Snyder didn't then huh:):thinking:

CelinaProud
12-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Panther One

Really, I understand message boards well enough. I understand the yin and yang. RM asked a question, I gave my money's worth, which I still stand firmly behind if you think it's right or not, if you liked where I chose to air the response or not. As to LH, I read the threads. I commented on them when I felt it appropriate. I don't know why you would assume I didn't. We both know what assumptions get us. I still see a differentiation between the dynamics when compared. So, in closure, and I mean truthfully, I've said my piece and peace, I'm done,

Yeah, yeah, yeah, like I said before IT'S MY OPINION and like you said, if you don't like it, IGNORE IT.

NOTHING BUT LOVE FOR YOU ALL! Happy New Year!:inlove:

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-31-2007, 05:28 PM
I guess that means Snyder didn't then huh:):thinking:

Naw you think...:rolleyes:

bobcat1
12-31-2007, 06:40 PM
I just said Benny was dogpiled.....................
;)
;)
;)
;)
;)
;)

runthequarter
12-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Neither did 252? other 3A teams.

Old Tiger
12-31-2007, 06:51 PM
celina sux, lol

SpeedOption
12-31-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I just said Benny was dogpiled.....................
;)
;)
;)
;)
;)
;)

He enjoyed it.

BILLYFRED0000
12-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Well I for one saw the beginning of the sos for LH that Celina has gotten for a long time. It is like I told LHPmom last year. Win enough and you get that target on your back. And it is not restricted to the field. One thing I have learned over the years. It is one thing to be excellent. But quite another to be outstanding. People don't mind excellence. After all it is something we all can strive for. But outstanding well, when you are in a class by yourself you know what I mean. And LH officially let me welcome you to the club. By getting that back to back you join an elite group of teams. Not many get there. And the higher you climb on the outstanding ladder the more "lov" you get. I especially liked the LH has not played anybody quotes. I suppose Cuero was chopped liver. Oy! Of course I don't think Celina has played anybody because we did not play LH.

charlesrixey
12-31-2007, 10:34 PM
wow

'i'm gone for a couple of days and we're still talking about the same thing
:p

i don't know if i'm a 'new celina poster' or an old celina poster'

but i have been on the txhsfb message boards longer than all but

a few, especially on here (not only had i known the creators of

this site, i knew them years before this site came around)

so i can say with authority (since i remember celina threads from

the first stint in 3A-almost none, with almost no celina posters)

that all the celina posters are pretty much the same---

the difference is there are now 5 times as many as last year

with that, you get the good and the bad, but i feel fairly confident

in saying that Celina is by far NOT the worst represented school

on this board when it comes to stupidity, arrogance or immaturity

---bobcat fans just stand out because there are a whole lot of

them starting to pop up, and they root for a highly successful team

and one more thing;

since i've been on the internet txhsfb forums, from 1998 to today (ten years/seasons!), only one thing has remained the same in Texas Small School High School Football

Celina is at the top

Whether message board posters care or not, like it or not, i couldn't care less

Go Bobcats!

c bobcats run
01-01-2008, 09:09 AM
That's "lov"

Ranger Mom
01-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by runthequarter
When the season is over they may just quit doing their jobs on the updats. Its common on many sites. No biggie. Everyone knows who won.

Just to clarify, we don't "quit doing our jobs" on THIS website!! You must remember there was a major holiday between the Celina game and completed updates. We each have a family that takes precedence over this board!! Christmas wasn't going to wait but the updates could!

They are there now, and I am with you, we all know who won, so I don't see why the situation warranted a thread at all!!

bobcat1
01-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Just to clarify, we don't "quit doing our jobs" on THIS website!! You must remember there was a major holiday between the Celina game and completed updates. We each have a family that takes precedence over this board!! Christmas wasn't going to wait but the updates could!

They are there now, and I am with you, we all know who won, so I don't see why the situation warranted a thread at all!!

Yea, It kinda tinkles people off don't it. Sometimes there are more important things than Celina football. Not often, but occasionally.;) :p

LH Panther Mom
01-01-2008, 12:34 PM

:thinking: :thinking: I can't imagine that much needed family time & Christmas would take precedent over some information that will be prominent for 8-12 months. And here I thought it was just some conspiracy. :doh: :rolleyes:

Jack_Daniels
01-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by runthequarter
When the season is over they may just quit doing their jobs on the updates. Its common on many sites. No biggie. Everyone knows who won.

Idiot

lynx_rufus
01-01-2008, 03:55 PM

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:thinking: :thinking: I can't imagine that much needed family time & Christmas would take precedent over some information that will be prominent for 8-12 months. And here I thought it was just some conspiracy. :doh: :rolleyes:
:thinking: :thinking: Hmmm . . . so no mods have been on the boards between Christmas and New Years?

Man, If I had known that, I could have run amuck all last week!