PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Pearl

Astrosdawg07
12-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Does anyone have a Pearl; and if so, what do you think about it?

Ray_BearKat
12-30-2007, 08:28 PM
I want a BB Curve, I like the full keyboard...plus i think they're coming out with a Curve II sometime next year.

wyliegrad04
12-30-2007, 10:11 PM
screw the blackberry ... get an iPhone

HEMOTOXIC
12-30-2007, 10:30 PM
I have one. It's not too bad. One of my dislikes is that after using the phone for other usages such as email, picture taking, or playing games, you may have to restart the phone because the phone will not ring. Sounds odd but it prompts that there is a media issue with the phone. The phone still reveives calls but it will not ring. This has occured in two blackberrys. Other than that, no other complaints.

SWMustang
12-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by wyliegrad04
screw the blackberry ... get an iPhone

depends on your needs. the blackberry syncs up with windows for business apps better than the iphone. I know several retailers were having hardware issues with the iphone also. It's a good product, I'm just not sold on it as the end all be all of cell phones.

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-31-2007, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
depends on your needs. the blackberry syncs up with windows for business apps better than the iphone. I know several retailers were having hardware issues with the iphone also. It's a good product, I'm just not sold on it as the end all be all of cell phones.

I own an iphone myself and it would not be something for a business person.

Blackberry has been making smartphones for a long time and I would trust them over any other smartphone.

My dad got a pearl when the first came out last year, now he has a blackberry 8830 and i'm really impressed with it myself.

I'm already thinking about changeing phones now to a Nokia E90.

SWMustang
12-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I own an iphone myself and it would not be something for a business person.

Blackberry has been making smartphones for a long time and I would trust them over any other smartphone.

My dad got a pearl when the first came out last year, now he has a blackberry 8830 and i'm really impressed with it myself.

I'm already thinking about changeing phones now to a Nokia E90.

that's what I have - an 8830. My have a Treo from AT&T and that thing is even better than the Blackberry IMO.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-31-2007, 10:52 AM
I have a Treo 755 and absolutely love it. To me, its more intuitive than a BB (which personally, I have a hard time navigating those phones--though I'm sure once you get the hang of it its easy) and it has Windows 6, and it auto synchs with my outlook. All the directors/ principals at my firm have iPhones, and they love the touch screen capabilities. The Treo also has touch screen (BB does not), but it has a true keyboard, which I also prefer over the iPhone touch board.

It all depends on needs & preferences really, but the Treo is definitely a solid investment.

SWMustang
12-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I have a Treo 755 and absolutely love it. To me, its more intuitive than a BB (which personally, I have a hard time navigating those phones--though I'm sure once you get the hang of it its easy) and it has Windows 6, and it auto synchs with my outlook. All the directors/ principals at my firm have iPhones, and they love the touch screen capabilities. The Treo also has touch screen (BB does not), but it has a true keyboard, which I also prefer over the iPhone touch board.

It all depends on needs & preferences really, but the Treo is definitely a solid investment.

agree totally

SNYDER325TIGERS
12-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
that's what I have - an 8830. My have a Treo from AT&T and that thing is even better than the Blackberry IMO.

Yea treo and blackberry have been making smartphones longer then anyone else, so like I said i'd trust them before anyone else but they're more for business people.

The iphone is alright but i'm a big texter and i'm not thrilled about the touch board. The Nokia E90 communicator is a very nice phone, my dad had one of the prior communicators and it was very nice.

Check out the new one, this is a fully unlocked GSM phone so you can use it with any GSM carrier in the U.S. That would be AT&T and T-Mobile.

http://www.puremobile.com/Nokia/Nokia-E90-Communicator-Black-Mocca-GSM-Phone/