PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys-Redskins

kaorder1999
12-30-2007, 04:48 PM
How does Romo throw with a glove on?

kaorder1999
12-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Skins up 7-0.....Boys have done nothing offensively....

kaorder1999
12-30-2007, 04:51 PM
End of 1....

Washington Redskins-- 7
Dallas Cowboys-- 0

Romo has thrown a pick and Portis has fumbled. Should be 14-0...

kaorder1999
12-30-2007, 05:20 PM
10-0 washington

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 05:20 PM
The Redskins are a bunch of thugs

3afan
12-30-2007, 05:21 PM
its a BLAH game anyways ......

SintonFan_inAustin
12-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Romo looked like he could ran for a first down if not a TD, maybe didnt take a chance because its not a must win game?

kaorder1999
12-30-2007, 05:23 PM
it is a game that doesnt mean anything for the Cowboys but means a lot for the Skins. The Cowboys could win a franchise best 14 games though with a win...

iknoweverything
12-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
The Redskins are a bunch of thugs

And you base this on what? Being a cowboys fan?

Astrosdawg07
12-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Romo looked like he could ran for a first down if not a TD, maybe didnt take a chance because its not a must win game?

I was saying the same thing. I really believe Dallas needs to win this game, Washington scares me in the playoffs. Nice way to force a turnover by Ware.

kaorder1999
Demarcus Ware just went right throgh that dude...

SintonFan_inAustin
its a fumble

kaorder1999
12-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Denver is beating Minnesota so with a Denver win Wash is in no matter what happens here I believe

NDFootball
Originally posted by iknoweverything
And you base this on what? Being a cowboys fan?

No I base it on that starting fights, late hits, etc.

It mysteriously seems to happen in every game...

I suppose that hit from Landry on Terry Glenn was a complete accident? He just dove into his knees after it was clearly going to be incomplete. I guess it was a coincedence Glenn has been out all season with a bad knee?

kaorder1999
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Denver is beating Minnesota so with a Denver win Wash is in no matter what happens here I believe

yep...Joe Buck just confirmed it!

Astrosdawg07
12-30-2007, 05:28 PM
This may be a meaningless game for both teams, Vikes down 14 - 3 to Denver. If the Vikings lose, Washington is automatically in.

kaorder1999
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
This may be a meaningless game for both teams, Vikes down 14 - 3 to Denver. If the Vikings lose, Washington is automatically in.

:D

Astrosdawg07
Man our offense looks terrible. I think the Texans could beat us right now. 10 - 3 'Skins 5:00 left in 1st half.

iknoweverything
12-30-2007, 05:31 PM
No I base it on that starting fights, late hits, etc.

It mysteriously seems to happen in every game...

I suppose that hit from Landry on Terry Glenn was a complete accident? He just dove into his knees after it was clearly going to be incomplete. I guess it was a coincedence Glenn has been out all season with a bad knee?

Starting fights?? The dude pulled him down. Get a clue. How can you say they are a bunch of thugs you know nothing about any one of them at all.

pirate4state
12-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Man our offense looks terrible. I think the Texans could beat us right now. 10 - 3 'Skins 5:00 left in 1st half.

Yep, they won't win their next game playing like this!! :speech: Credit the Washington "D", but good God....

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Starting fights?? The dude pulled him down. Get a clue. How can you say they are a bunch of thugs you know nothing about any one of them at all.

How you act on the football field tells an awful lot about your personality. Get a clue? It showed the Redskin player trying to shove him over so Leonard Davis tried to bring him down with him.

iknoweverything
12-30-2007, 05:35 PM
How you act on the football field tells an awful lot about your personality. Get a clue? It showed the Redskin player trying to shove him over so Leonard Davis tried to bring him down with him.

Please stop talking. They are no different from the cowboys but yet you call them thugs. IM sure teh cowboys are all angels.

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yep, they won't win their next game playing like this!! :speech: Credit the Washington "D", but good God....

Agreed, Washington always has a stout defense

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Please stop talking. They are no different from the cowboys but yet you call them thugs. IM sure teh cowboys are all angels.

I didn't say they were. I'm not talking, I'm typing. Good one.

boudreaux
12-30-2007, 05:37 PM

I really thought the Vikes would play better.

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by boudreaux
I really thought the Vikes would play better.

I did too...especially with so much riding on the last couple of weeks.

iknoweverything
12-30-2007, 05:44 PM
How is that not a catch???/

kaorder1999
12-30-2007, 05:46 PM
ball came out of his hands and hit the ground...receiver has to maintain possession

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 05:47 PM
How is that not a catch???/

He bobbled it when he was on the ground then the ball touched the ground. That's NFL rules for ya, whether I agree with them or not.

iknoweverything
12-30-2007, 05:47 PM
He maintained possession the whole time, had both feet in with controll of the ball lands out of bounds and the ball comes out. How is that incomplete???

kaorder1999
12-30-2007, 05:49 PM
He maintained possession the whole time, had both feet in with controll of the ball lands out of bounds and the ball comes out. How is that incomplete???

He has to maintain possession the ENTIRE TIME!! Even after hitting the ground

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 05:49 PM

He didn't maintain possession when he was on the ground.

iknoweverything
12-30-2007, 05:50 PM
He didn't maintain possession when he was on the ground.

He was out of bounds.. oh yeah and please leave.

Adidas410s
12-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Until you learn the rules...please refer to your previous comment:

Please stop talking.

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 05:54 PM
He was out of bounds.. oh yeah and please leave.

No thanks...I'm pretty comfy. We all know he was out of bounds. He couldn't hang on to the ball when he was on the ground. I suppose it was a catch because you're a Redskins fan?

iknoweverything
12-30-2007, 05:54 PM
No thanks...I'm pretty comfy. We all know he was out of bounds. He couldn't hang out to it when he was on the ground. I suppose it was a catch because you're a Redskins fan?
Nah i dont like them they are a bunch of thugs

Emerson1
12-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Great, romo probably tore something. Time to put the entire 2nd team, and 3rd team RB in

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Nah i dont like them they are a bunch of thugs

Yeah I don't like the Redskins for the same reason :thumbsup:

iknoweverything
12-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Great, romo probably tore something. Time to put the entire 2nd team, and 3rd team RB in

What a dumb move putting him out there in a game that means nothing for one play.

pirate4state
12-30-2007, 06:00 PM
schu is an Eagles fan so the correct answer would be "the Cowboys paid the refs" lmao

boudreaux
12-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Pretty ugly game.

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 06:07 PM
What a dumb move putting him out there in a game that means nothing for one play.

If that's your opinion I guess.

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Pretty ugly game.

The Cowboys have definitely had a few hiccups the last couple of weeks.

kaorder1999
12-30-2007, 06:09 PM
if Phillips would not have taken them out for one more play then everyone would have given him heck and said he didnt know the rule as they did Campo a few years ago when he could have had a free kick from like the opponents 35.....

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 06:13 PM
if Phillips would not have taken them out for one more play then everyone would have given him heck and said he didnt know the rule as they did Campo a few years ago when he could have had a free kick from like the opponents 35.....

You can't ever make the analysts happy :p

pirate4state
12-30-2007, 06:13 PM

probably, don't have a problem with going back on the field, but why put Romo out there? oh well....doesn't look like it was that big of a deal since he came back on after half.

maybe brad johnson will have better luck ....

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 06:21 PM
The Cowboys are scaring me...

sure the game doesn't mean anything but where's the O???? Seriously. The D is struggling too.

kaorder1999
12-30-2007, 06:28 PM
shows you how much they need TO...or at least how much of an impact he makes

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 06:32 PM
shows you how much they need TO...or at least how much of an impact he makes

It seems like they don't "want it" like they did at the start of the year.

Emerson1
12-30-2007, 06:34 PM
It seems like they don't "want it" like they did at the start of the year.
Of course not. The first game of the year they had something to prove coming off the playoff loss. This game means nothing.

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Of course not. The first game of the year they had something to prove coming off the playoff loss. This game means nothing.

I know, but the last thing you want is for this to carry over to the playoffs

boudreaux
12-30-2007, 06:36 PM
1 yard rushing? 1?

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Well, here is my $.02...

>Terry Glenn did nothing to impress me so far. He didn't run through a route on the first series... since then.. pretty much invisible.

>Romo looked pretty rough again today. This is 4 games in a row that he has played nowhere close to a complete game.

>Through the 3rd quarter... the Cowboys have ZERO yards rushing. wow.

>The Boys defense has no answer for the Skins. They may be a really scary opponent in the playoffs. But heck, who in the playoffs would you not be afraid to play right now? I am pretty sure every team left will match up very well with the Boys.

>Terrence Newman really is missed today. And Roy Williams isn't.

>Overall, it is amazing to me how great we were feeling about the Cowboys several weeks ago... and now there just isn't much to feel good about other than a first round Bye and Home Field advantage. Does anyone really feel good about where the Cowboys are as the regular season comes to a close?

eagles_victory
12-30-2007, 06:42 PM
If T.O. isnt back for the playoffs which I think he will be I dont see the cowboys winning one game. You take T.O. off this team and Dallas is an 9-7 or 8-8 team

Emerson1
12-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Ugh, another injury. Get the 3rd string in

NDFootball
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Does anyone really feel good about where the Cowboys are as the regular season comes to a close?

They remind me of the recent underacheiving teams they've had the last few years

iknoweverything
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If T.O. isnt back for the playoffs which I think he will be I dont see the cowboys winning one game. You take T.O. off this team and Dallas is an 9-7 or 8-8 team

So true

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Make that minus 4 yards rushing... Thank you Julius "run to sideline" Jones. Thank goodness you will not be coming back next year.

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Make that minus 4 yards rushing... Thank you Julius "run to sideline" Jones. Thank goodness you will not be coming back next year. Although I'm a ND fan I lol'd at that. I bet he comes back though

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2007, 06:47 PM
...and that 3rd and 19 screen play is why Jones absolutely should not come back....

Gets out in the open and makes about 5 yards... then stutter steps, runs back two steps... stops and runs into tacklers, (which have closed in by now.)

All runners will do this... but Julius is one of those runners who appear to run hesitantly almost every down. When you do this eventually defenses will sense it and shut you down.

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 06:51 PM
...and that 3rd and 19 screen play is why Jones absolutely should not come back....

Gets out in the open and makes about 5 yards... then stutter steps, runs back two steps... stops and runs into tacklers, (which have closed in by now.)

All runners will do this... but Julius is one of those runners who appear to run hesitantly almost every down. When you do this eventually defenses will sense it and shut you down.

Please don't let Roy Williams come back. Please.

boudreaux
12-30-2007, 06:55 PM
thinkthe Skins are beating them as bad as they can for future reference IF they meet in the playoffs. Skins look good. But the playoffs will tell. Minnesota still losing.

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 07:01 PM
thinkthe Skins are beating them as bad as they can for future reference IF they meet in the playoffs. Skins look good. But the playoffs will tell. Minnesota still losing.

They'd have to beat the Packers to get to the Cowboys again. I doubt that'd happen. They'd meet in the NFC Championship game and it would be in Dallas. I like Dallas' odds in a rematch :D

eagles_victory
12-30-2007, 07:11 PM
They'd have to beat the Packers to get to the Cowboys again. I doubt that'd happen. They'd meet in the NFC Championship game and it would be in Dallas. I like Dallas' odds in a rematch :D If Washington beats Seattle they play Dallas in round 2

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 07:13 PM
If Washington beats Seattle they play Dallas in round 2

From the bracket I saw the winner of the NY/TB game will play Dallas in round 2

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2007, 07:14 PM
If Washington beats Seattle they play Dallas in round 2

Not according to this bracket...

http://sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/bracket

Buccaneer
12-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Why are we getting both doubleheaders today? We got 2 games on CBS and Fox at 12 and 2 at 3pm. Dont we always get 1 game on 1 network and 2 on the other.

eagles_victory
12-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Not according to this bracket...

http://sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/bracket I thought it went that the highest seed team played the lowest seed team. Troy also said Dallas would play Washington if Washington wins

slpybear the bullfan
12-30-2007, 07:37 PM
I thought it went that the highest seed team played the lowest seed team. Troy also said Dallas would play Washington if Washington wins
Yeah, I forgot about the reshuffling for seeding thing... my bad... too much HS Football Brackets I guess!

Yes, after each week the schedule is set up so that hightest plays lowest, etc.

Go Seattle?

Phil C
12-31-2007, 09:30 AM
The thing is when you lose the last game like that you lose like this the last game of the year like this you lose momentum. But on the other hand you can rest injured veterans who might have played otherwise and you can work to get them well for the playoffs. Me - I prefer rest and healthy players over momentum.

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I forgot about the reshuffling for seeding thing... my bad... too much HS Football Brackets I guess!

Yes, after each week the schedule is set up so that hightest plays lowest, etc.

Go Seattle?

I think Dallas matches up quite well with Seattle, Tampa Bay, and New York. The Redskins would be a tough test, but let's remember they're 9-7 for a reason and Dallas is 13-3 for a reason. Six of the last 8 NFC teams to hold the regular season's best record have made the Super Bowl.

While I don't want to see Washington simply from the sheer fact that they're the only NFC playoff team to have beaten Dallas this year, a third game between the teams in Dallas with T.O. and a game that actually means something probably brings about an entirely different result.

I still say there's a reason Todd Collins went ten years between NFL starts.