He deserved it.

Old Tiger
12-30-2007, 02:30 AM
The indiana coach should have won.

TexanFan4Life
12-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
The indiana coach should have won.

I assume you're talking about Terry Hoeppner and not Bill Lynch.

He still inspires that team today and was a very emotional leader of that team, but why do you think he deserved Coach of the Year?

Old Tiger
12-30-2007, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
I assume you're talking about Terry Hoeppner and not Bill Lynch.

He still inspires that team today and was a very emotional leader of that team, but why do you think he deserved Coach of the Year? The old head coach dies close to the start of the season. He is named interim coach. The loss of the old coach is a huge emotional loss to the team and everyone involved with Indiana athletics. He puts them together and comes out of this season with a bowl game after all those kids have been through. IMO that is more deserving of COTY than some 9-3 Illiniois team. Just to bring all those kids together when they were probably destroyed that the coach had passed.

TexanFan4Life
12-30-2007, 02:41 AM
The old head coach dies close to the start of the season. He is named interim coach. The loss of the old coach is a huge emotional loss to the team and everyone involved with Indiana athletics. He puts them together and comes out of this season with a bowl game after all those kids have been through. IMO that is more deserving of COTY than some 9-3 Illiniois team. Just to bring all those kids together when they were probably destroyed that the coach had passed.

That's a good way to look at it. I hadn't thought of it like that. I was thinking more of on the field achievements. Ron Zook took a lousy, lousy (26 more lousies) team to 9-3 in a few seasons and built them from scratch. I do like what Indiana has done also, though.

Old Tiger
12-30-2007, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
That's a good way to look at it. I hadn't thought of it like that. I was thinking more of on the field achievements. Ron Zook took a lousy, lousy (26 more lousies) team to 9-3 in a few seasons and built them from scratch. I do like what Indiana has done also, though. Indiana is more lousy than Illiniois.

TexanFan4Life
12-30-2007, 02:45 AM
Indiana is more lousy than Illiniois.

Present day, of course. But those 2 teams are in entirely different boats.

I can't imagine what it'd be like to go through what Indiana is going through.

GreenMonster
12-30-2007, 03:13 AM
you mean Frantastic didn't win it???

iknoweverything
12-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Zook did not deserve this. Not at all. Illinois has more talent than a ton of teams and will be a top 10 easily next year. Yeah i know he brought the talent in but the award is for this year. I think it has to go to Mangino.

bigcat8
12-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Illinois played amuch tougher schedule.. Zook deserves it>>>

Jack_Daniels
12-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Id say 1. Indiana, 2. Illinois,3. Big Guy at Kansas, they have never won in Kansas. 4. Leach TTU beat Oklahoma, 5. Fran beat Texas again