PDA

View Full Version : Gig Em Aggies

CHS_CG
12-29-2007, 08:42 PM
BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL.. THATS ALL I CAN SAY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

GIG EM AGGIES WHOOP!

eagles_victory
12-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL.. THATS ALL I CAN SAY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

GIG EM AGGIES WHOOP! And g$$ gets all over UT for having T Shirts fan

Emerson1
12-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
And g$$ gets all over UT for having T Shirts fan
Doesn't she work for a&m?

eagles_victory
12-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Doesn't she work for a&m? i know her mom does but i was jk with tt

Gsquared
12-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Whats funny is , everybody is a t shirt fan, unless your on the roster, you are a t shirt fan, me, you, and the ever so inteligent g$$.

CHS_CG
12-29-2007, 09:02 PM
My mom does, I used to, my uncle went to A&M, one of my best friends is going to A&M, many of my friends are going to A&M and I have supported them longer than Cody has been alive.. (of course as a baby my parents were tech. dressing me in A&M stuff but it still counts) so the way I look at it....

GIG EM AGGIES!

iknoweverything
12-30-2007, 12:08 AM
Who cares if you went to the school or are not even connected at all. You can be a fan of where you chose to be. That is the dumbest arguement ever.

wedo
12-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by iknoweverything
Who cares if you went to the school or are not even connected at all. You can be a fan of where you chose to be. That is the dumbest arguement ever.

Well not according to g$$, your not a real fan unless you were some how part of that university.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Whats funny is , everybody is a t shirt fan, unless your on the roster, you are a t shirt fan, me, you, and the ever so inteligent g$$.

Looks like I'm in the clear. Whew...:D

IHStangFan
12-31-2007, 12:03 AM
yup..stupid argument....I'd like to see these universities fund these atheletic programs w/out us "t-shirt" fans and our money that we contribute everytime we buy a ticket, sodas, food, shirts, etc. etc. for the team we support. "t-shirt fan" is the stupid concept I've ever heard of. So...if you haven't played in the NFL...are you a t-shirt fan if you support an NFL team? Without us "t-shirt" fans, most college and professional sports organizations would not exist.

Phil C
12-31-2007, 09:32 AM
(of course as a baby my parents were tech. dressing me in A&M stuff but it still counts) so the way I look at it....

GIG EM AGGIES!

I'm sorry.

;)

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 11:07 AM
heck, I go to all kinds of sporting events and buy lots of t-shirts...what's wrong with that?

Gsquared
12-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Looks like I'm in the clear. Whew...:D
Yeah, your in holmes! :p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah, your in holmes! :p

I don't like wearing t-shirts anyways, I'm more of a polo guy. :D

crzyjournalist03
12-31-2007, 11:45 AM

but don't you wear a t-shirt under your polo, or are you the bare-chesed type of guy?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
but don't you wear a t-shirt under your polo, or are you the bare-chesed type of guy?

It depends, I do a little of both. I like the look of a white t-shirt under a polo more often than not.

Gsquared
12-31-2007, 01:21 PM
Your just a "jersey fan" BBDE.

CHS_CG
12-31-2007, 05:40 PM

with shorts and flip flops.... the last time I saw anyway

CHS_CG
12-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Well not according to g$$, your not a real fan unless you were some how part of that university.

Think about what you just said and why its a stupid agurement...:thinking:

raider red 2000
01-01-2008, 10:42 PM
poor ags.

sinton66
01-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
poor ags.

What is it, ten in a row now?

LH Panther Mom
01-02-2008, 12:58 PM
poor ags.
Doesn't "someone" owe you from losing a bet? :devil:

Daddy D 11
01-02-2008, 01:05 PM
hi LHPM! long time no seee:(

so are you a tech fan?! ive been reading around and im starting to think you might be? :) haha

LH Panther Mom
01-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
hi LHPM! long time no seee:(

so are you a tech fan?! ive been reading around and im starting to think you might be? :) haha
One of the few Tech fans on here, I guess. ;)

I would ask how it's going, but that would be hijacking. :D ;)

Ranger Mom
01-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
One of the few Tech fans on here, I guess. ;)

I would ask how it's going, but that would be hijacking. :D ;)

I'm a Tech fan too....gotta be for the hubby's sake!!;)

raider red 2000
01-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Doesn't "someone" owe you from losing a bet? :devil:

i never sent T anythign to wear.

i should have stopped at walmart when i was in lubbock last week. :)

CHS_CG
01-03-2008, 09:52 PM
i never sent T anythign to wear.

i should have stopped at walmart when i was in lubbock last week. :)

This is true... I will still own up if ya send me something.

raider red 2000
01-03-2008, 09:55 PM
This is true... I will still own up if ya send me something.

i think my lil one has out grown a tech onsie that i can send :)

i will see what i can find.

CHS_CG
01-03-2008, 10:00 PM
i think my lil one has out grown a tech onsie that i can send :)

i will see what i can find.

lol no onsies and no school girl outfit you were talking about

raider red 2000
01-03-2008, 10:05 PM
i wanted the vick em shirt :)

i will probably send you a polo type shirt.

i shrunk it in the dryer a while back....probably still to big...but will work for the picture :)

Daddy D 11
01-04-2008, 09:51 AM
i wanted the vick em shirt :)

i did too :devil:

and hows it going LHPM? im right there with you on the Texas Tech Fanclub:inlove:

Adidas410s
01-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yup..stupid argument....I'd like to see these universities fund these atheletic programs w/out us "t-shirt" fans and our money that we contribute everytime we buy a ticket, sodas, food, shirts, etc. etc. for the team we support. "t-shirt fan" is the stupid concept I've ever heard of. So...if you haven't played in the NFL...are you a t-shirt fan if you support an NFL team? Without us "t-shirt" fans, most college and professional sports organizations would not exist.
A big university can raise 10x the money that 500 "t-shirt" fans spend with 5 phone calls...or less. Also, the money made on suites and other "high value" seats through psl's and school dontations FAR outweighs what the average fan pays to go to a game or two every year. It even blows away what people are paying to sit in the endzones, upper decks, etc.

Consider this...and remember that the $$ is MUCH higher at Texas and A&M...
- The Jones AT&T Stadium Club has roughly 50 suites (18 tickets/game @ 4930/ticket/season) that generate roughly $4.4 million in revenues each season.

- The "Club Level" seats sell for between $3500 and $4000 each and there are roughly 1200 seats. At an average cost of $3750, that is $4.5 million in revenues each season.

- The West Stadium lot has roughly 500 parking spaces. Each space sells for $3000 per season. $1.5 million in revenues.

- The other donor-based parking lots have roughly 3000 more parking spaces and sell for $800 per season. $2.4 million in revenues. (may be a little off on the number of spaces).

Face it...t-shirt fans don't matter. Those who matter are the ones paying big $$ donations to the school to get premium seating. A&M has roughly 10,000 seats (suites not included) that require a donation of $1000-4000 per season. They even charge a $100 donation to buy tickets in the top row, 3rd deck beyond the endzones on the alumni side.

I know many here can't accept the reality of the matter...but t-shirt fans don't matter to the schools. It's all about the $$.

For further proof...stop by Arlington in 2009, pay your $200 for an endzone seat, walk down to the 50 yard line, and ask the guys in suits how much they (or more likely a company) paid "for the right" to buy their tickets.

pirate4state
01-04-2008, 11:38 AM
What gets me is WHY some of you let the term "t-shirt fan" "bandwagon jumper" etc get to you????

WHO CARES???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just support whatever team you want and don't worry about what some stranger calls you! My God! :doh: :crazy1:

Also, why does it bother me that some of you can't or won't let it go? :thinking: :crazy1: :D

LH Panther Mom
01-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
and hows it going LHPM? im right there with you on the Texas Tech Fanclub:inlove:
It's going well, if having to go back to work after 8 (work) days off is "well". :D But, it beats the alternative. :doh: :kiss:

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
A big university can raise 10x the money that 500 "t-shirt" fans spend with 5 phone calls...or less. Also, the money made on suites and other "high value" seats through psl's and school dontations FAR outweighs what the average fan pays to go to a game or two every year. It even blows away what people are paying to sit in the endzones, upper decks, etc.

- The Jones AT&T Stadium Club has roughly 50 suites (18 tickets/game @ 4930/ticket/season) that generate roughly $4.4 million in revenues each season.

- The "Club Level" seats sell for between $3500 and $4000 each and there are roughly 1200 seats. At an average cost of $3750, that is $4.5 million in revenues each season.

- The West Stadium lot has roughly 500 parking spaces. Each space sells for $3000 per season. $1.5 million in revenues.

- The other donor-based parking lots have roughly 3000 more parking spaces and sell for $800 per season. $2.4 million in revenues. (may be a little off on the number of spaces).

Face it...t-shirt fans don't matter. Those who matter are the ones paying big $$ donations to the school to get premium seating. A&M has roughly 10,000 seats (suites not included) that require a donation of $1000-4000 per season. They even charge a $100 donation to buy tickets in the top row, 3rd deck beyond the endzones on the alumni side.

I know many here can't accept the reality of the matter...but t-shirt fans don't matter to the schools. It's all about the $$.

For further proof...stop by Arlington in 2009, pay your $200 for an endzone seat, walk down to the 50 yard line, and ask the guys in suits how much they (or more likely a company) paid "for the right" to buy their tickets.

Ur assuming EVERY fan at a game is an alum..There are a ton of so called "t-shirt' fans who GO to the games, buy season tickets, and donate money to the programs as well

and for schools like Texas look at how much revenue they make on gear sold...not all those are to alum

navscanmaster
01-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Ur assuming EVERY fan at a game is an alum..There are a ton of so called "t-shirt' fans who GO to the games, buy season tickets, and donate money to the programs as well

and for schools like Texas look at how much revenue they make on gear sold...not all those are to alum

Well, I got accepted to A&M's school of architecture, but didn't go because of money and the need to work immediately. I also train at Brayton Fire Field every year. I go to Aggie games, watch them on TV, listen to them on the radio when they aren't on TV, and that is including baseball and basketball, not just football.

Does that make me a "t-shirt fan"?

Oh yeah that's right, I DON'T FRIGGIN CARE!!!!

Gig'em Aggies! Hook'em horns! Gun's up Raiders! (or whatever they say up there in Lubbock) If you like a team, support them no matter what the haters say.

Old Tiger
01-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Well, I got accepted to A&M's school of architecture, but didn't go because of money and the need to work immediately. I also train at Brayton Fire Field every year. I go to Aggie games, watch them on TV, listen to them on the radio when they aren't on TV, and that is including baseball and basketball, not just football.

Does that make me a "t-shirt fan"?

Oh yeah that's right, I DON'T FRIGGIN CARE!!!!

Gig'em Aggies! Hook'em horns! Gun's up Raiders! (or whatever they say up there in Lubbock) If you like a team, support them no matter what the haters say. You care alright! :p

navscanmaster
01-06-2008, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
You care alright! :p

You're just mad because you're a t-shirt fan:tongue: :tongue:

TexanFan4Life
01-06-2008, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
You're just mad because you're a t-shirt fan:tongue: :tongue:

What's a t-shirt fan? Been wondering that since I've been here.

Ranger Mom
01-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

They have made quite a bit from me. Some kind of Texas paraphanalia is what I buy my "son-in-law to be" every Christmas, Birthday, etc....and I didn't go to ANY college!!

buff4life
01-06-2008, 04:21 PM

how are you a tshirt fan if you go or went to that school?

pirate4state
01-07-2008, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
how are you a tshirt fan if you go or went to that school? if you attended & graduate from the university you root for, than according to some you are NOT a t-shirt fan, i repeat NOT a t-shirt fan! :D

obviously, g2 believes that everyone that doesn't play is a t-shirt fan.

i like t-shirts. :)

mwynn05
01-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
What's a t-shirt fan? Been wondering that since I've been here. wow...lmao

g$$
02-12-2008, 03:02 AM

Well said Adidas. For the last time, my problem is with bandwagoners, not real fans. Fan is short for "fanatic" you know. A true fan is NOT required to have attended the school to me (i.e. could be student, former student, have family ties, lifelong supporter, spouse/significant other, etc.). But that fan does not waver or jump from team to team, win or lose, & go buy the latest trendy gear. That fan is faithful, loyal & supports the teams & school thru thick & thin. I respect true fans whether they attended that school or not.

So don't put words in my mouth when it comes to "t-shirt fans". I know the difference & so does Adidas. Most of you obviously do not. Go to Wal-mart or Academy or wherever & you will see what I mean. Hope that helps.

JasperDog94
02-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Well said Adidas. For the last time, my problem is with bandwagoners, not real fans. Fan is short for "fanatic" you know. A true fan is NOT required to have attended the school to me (i.e. could be student, former student, have family ties, lifelong supporter, spouse/significant other, etc.). But that fan does not waver or jump from team to team, win or lose, & go buy the latest trendy gear. That fan is faithful, loyal & supports the teams & school thru thick & thin. I respect true fans whether they attended that school or not.

So don't put words in my mouth when it comes to "t-shirt fans". I know the difference & so does Adidas. Most of you obviously do not. Go to Wal-mart or Academy or wherever & you will see what I mean. Hope that helps. stir...stir...stir...;)

Maroon87
02-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Maybe they should just stop making T-Shirts with team names on them? That'll solve the problem right there. :p

JasperDog94
02-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Maybe they should just stop making T-Shirts with team names on them? That'll solve the problem right there. :p That'll show em. Only sell them at the university bookstore.:p

Maroon87
02-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
That'll show em. Only sell them at the university bookstore.:p

With valid student ID required for purchase...;)

Or proof of graduation. ;) ;)

NastySlot
02-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Maybe they should just stop making T-Shirts with team names on them? That'll solve the problem right there. :p

No problem with t-shirt fans....I think they should be like parents........seen not heard..........meaning pull for your team but why talk smack about a school when you didn't even attend the one that beat it?..............where do people who didn't even go to college or finish college get off bad mouthing a college......t-shirt fans should live and die with the teams they pull for...not get joy out bashing others or stirring the pot. I have family members and friends that attended and graduated from texas...and my best friend went to tech....i pull for those teams when they aren't playing the aggies....but im not going to bad mouth kansas cause the horns beat them or rag on jayhawk fans...i think it was great the horns won............also the pulling for a college team is not the same as pulling for a professional team....

DDBooger
02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
i wonder if im alloted an opinion if my taxes go to these state funded schools? can I wear a shirt and have an opinion on the matter now?:D such a dumb subject, funny people placate it. jdog and m87, have the right idea, its a joke! I better tell my parents to hold their thoughts on Texas State, because I go there, not them! ;)

eagles_victory
02-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Why cant people cheer for who they want to cheer for what bussiness of it is anyone else?

JasperDog94
02-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Why cant people cheer for who they want to cheer for what bussiness of it is anyone else? Because apparently some people get all "booty hurt".:D :D

NastySlot
02-12-2008, 03:10 PM
cheer is one bad mouth an institution of higher learning another thing...i think that is what rubs people wrong way.............and about the taxes........maybe i should get to drive the city fire truck around town every once in a while since i pay taxes or not have to pay rental fees to use the school facilities to practice summer ball teams..........taxes arguement is weak no matter the topic.

DDBooger
02-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
cheer is one bad mouth an institution of higher learning another thing...i think that is what rubs people wrong way.............and about the taxes........maybe i should get to drive the city fire truck around town every once in a while since i pay taxes or not have to pay rental fees to use the school facilities to practice summer ball teams..........taxes arguement is weak no matter the topic. lmao so was the fire truck!haha nobody is asking to play or coach the team. Try again ;) good or bad, opinion of schools and teams is just that. Lol i dont want keys to kyle field

g$$
02-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by g$$
For the last time, my problem is with bandwagoners, not real fans. A true fan is NOT required to have attended the school to me (i.e. could be student, former student, have family ties, lifelong supporter, spouse/significant other, etc.). But that fan does not waver or jump from team to team, win or lose, & go buy the latest trendy gear. That fan is faithful, loyal & supports the teams & school thru thick & thin.

I respect true fans whether they attended that school or not, & have no respect for bandwagoners buying the latest trendy team's gear. Those people are pathetic & looking for an identity they never got elsewhere.

For those saying school ID needed & the like...& this topic has nothing to do with taxes.

Students & graduates do have a better grasp of that school as a whole. They have been there & done that (academically, socially, athletic events, etc.). But certainly others can be fans if that is what's in their hearts & they stick to it.

JasperDog94
02-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
But certainly others can be fans if that is what's in their hearts & they stick to it. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

CHS_CG
02-12-2008, 09:41 PM
You guys are beating this subject to death.. get over it.. no matter what any of you people think, others are going to support the team THEY want to. It doesnt matter what school you go to.. or didnt go to.. get over it... move on.. and stop acting like yall can control what people pick do to.. try worrying about who you support!

Adidas410s
02-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Because apparently some people get all "booty hurt".:D :D
cheering is one thing...running your mouth about another school is entirely different. That's why t-shirt fans are annoying. They cheer only with the purpose of "fitting in" and they do it in public and arrogant ways with the purpose of pissing off opponents/rivals.

LH Panther Mom
02-12-2008, 09:50 PM
cheering is one thing...running your mouth about another school is entirely different. That's why t-shirt fans are annoying. They cheer only with the purpose of "fitting in" and they do it in public and arrogant ways with the purpose of pissing off opponents/rivals.
Like saying BlowU? :thinking: :thinking:

And when did you become such a Tech fan? When you met the fiancee who's attending there? Or maybe when VY graduated? :hand: :hand: :hand:

NastySlot
02-13-2008, 01:05 AM
i want everyone to understand...i have no problem with people pulling for teams.......that is their right...i think i agree with those that post that "t-shirt" fans are annoying cause their only loyality to a school that they didn't attend is wearing 15 dollar shirt. everyone has the right to chose sides........heck when i was growing up in family of texas grads...i lived and breath longhorn sports...cried when texas punt returner fumbled a punt against georgia in the cotton bowl that set up uga's only td to beat the horns and ruin their perfect season(by the way miami beat nebraska that night a texas win and who knows who's number on in all the polls that year)....i just got wiser the older i got and went to a&m....now i have to take from family members who texas exes...and friends that went to tech....but at least they know when to stir the pot and when to let it rest. hey pull for who you want...but don't jump ship.

NastySlot
02-13-2008, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
lmao so was the fire truck!haha nobody is asking to play or coach the team. Try again ;) good or bad, opinion of schools and teams is just that. Lol i dont want keys to kyle field

hey i can really get keys to kyle if you want.....but we can't tell anyone.

g$$
02-13-2008, 05:51 PM

This guy Adidas gets it about t-shirt fans.

Those people are pathetic & looking for an identity they never got elsewhere. End of story.

eagles_victory
02-13-2008, 06:06 PM
cheering is one thing...running your mouth about another school is entirely different. That's why t-shirt fans are annoying. They cheer only with the purpose of "fitting in" and they do it in public and arrogant ways with the purpose of pissing off opponents/rivals. You didnt even go to tech did you? But yet your sig is about Tech and about T-Shirt fans?

eagles_victory
02-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Those people are pathetic & looking for an identity they never got elsewhere. End of story. You can say what you want about T-shirt fans but there are people who are just as big as idiots and just as pathetic who attend the school. Just because a person attends school somewhere doesnt give them the right to say what they want when they want. An idiotic statement made by an idiot is just as bad no matter what school someone attends.

LH Panther Mom
02-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Those people are pathetic & looking for an identity they never got elsewhere. End of story.
He may "get it", but.......

Adidas410s as HUGE UT fan (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=36055)

eagles_victory
02-13-2008, 06:23 PM

Adidas410s as HUGE UT fan (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=36055) good one deb there might be a signature in that one

Adidas410s
02-13-2008, 07:34 PM

Adidas410s as HUGE UT fan (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=36055)
1. Notice the very first thing that I wrote was calling Vince Young, "Radio." In case you don't get the reference...look up the movie title.

2. I had a bet going with my friend on that one...hence the "Horns Up" (what UT fan would say Horns Up??? They would say Hook Em Horns) comment as well as the "time to score some points" reference.

3. If I was really a UT fan...I would've been in the "post game discussion" going on and on about how great Texas is and how bad Tech was. Unlike others, I don't HATE Texas and I'll root for them in some situations. I went to the UT/A&M game in 2005 and even wore a UT shirt (check the ABC tape...4th row in The Zone right next to Reville's grave for more info) in "support" (more being anti-A&M hehe) of them that day. I don't root for them when they play Tech...other than when I found somebody dumb enough to bet on Tech when they played Texas. After that bet...I've refused to bet on 1) games in which I'm not picking Tech to win/cover and 2) rivalry games. It's just too much emotional vs financial confusion.

4. My dad graduated from Tech...my brother attends Tech...I was accepted/enrolled at Tech, even have 15 hours on my transcript from distance learning Tech...but given the choice of a full scholarship to Hardin-Simmons (actually more than 100% because of extra scholarships) vs only covering tuition (about 30% of my costs) at Tech...I made the better financial decision for myself. Right now, I'm debating on getting an MBA from Tech (travelling to Lbk on the weekends) vs an MBA from UT or Baylor where I can stay in Dallas.

5. Would you like to see tickets from the numerous Tech games I've attended over the years (2 trips to the Cotton Bowl, 02 vs Ole Miss, @ A&M (also 04 and 06)...numerous home games)...both home AND away??? Would you like to see the multiple donations I've made to the Red Raider Club and TTAA??? Would you like to see my season ticket receipts from the past few years??? How about bowl game tickets???

6.No...it has nothing to do with my fiance. She's a BIG Texas fan that ended up at Tech at the last second. She was accepted at Texas and Emory for Law School...chose Emory but had a change of heart shortly before the start of her 1L year. However, Texas had already filled her spot so she went to Tech instead so that she could be closer to home (Dallas) and stay in-state. When it came time to go to the UT/Tech game this year...I couldn't get her to give on wearing a Tech shirt to the game...and I wasn't going to wear burnt orange. Instead, we bought two black t-shirts that said, "Last night I had a nightmare and dreamt I was an aggie." We ended up not going so I haven't worn it yet...but I'm sure I'll have to wear it to the game in Lubbock this year.

Say what you will...make whatever sigs you want...but here you have the truth. Now go buy another t-shirt! :p

eagles_victory
02-13-2008, 07:36 PM
1. Notice the very first thing that I wrote was calling Vince Young, "Radio." In case you don't get the reference...look up the movie title.

2. I had a bet going with my friend on that one...hence the "Horns Up" (what UT fan would say Horns Up??? They would say Hook Em Horns) comment as well as the "time to score some points" reference.

3. If I was really a UT fan...I would've been in the "post game discussion" going on and on about how great Texas is and how bad Tech was. Unlike others, I don't HATE Texas and I'll root for them in some situations. I went to the UT/A&M game in 2005 and even wore a UT shirt (check the ABC tape...4th row in The Zone right next to Reville's grave for more info) in "support" (more being anti-A&M hehe) of them that day. I don't root for them when they play Tech...other than when I found somebody dumb enough to bet on Tech when they played Texas. After that bet...I've refused to bet on 1) games in which I'm not picking Tech to win/cover and 2) rivalry games. It's just too much emotional vs financial confusion.

4. My dad graduated from Tech...my brother attends Tech...I was accepted/enrolled at Tech, even have 15 hours on my transcript from distance learning Tech...but given the choice of a full scholarship to Hardin-Simmons (actually more than 100% because of extra scholarships) vs only covering tuition (about 30% of my costs) at Tech...I made the better financial decision for myself. Right now, I'm debating on getting an MBA from Tech (travelling to Lbk on the weekends) vs an MBA from UT or Baylor where I can stay in Dallas.

5. Would you like to see tickets from the numerous Tech games I've attended over the years (2 trips to the Cotton Bowl, 02 vs Ole Miss, @ A&M (also 04 and 06)...numerous home games)...both home AND away??? Would you like to see the multiple donations I've made to the Red Raider Club and TTAA??? Would you like to see my season ticket receipts from the past few years??? How about bowl game tickets???

6.No...it has nothing to do with my fiance. She's a BIG Texas fan that ended up at Tech at the last second. She was accepted at Texas and Emory for Law School...chose Emory but had a change of heart shortly before the start of her 1L year. However, Texas had already filled her spot so she went to Tech instead so that she could be closer to home (Dallas) and stay in-state. When it came time to go to the UT/Tech game this year...I couldn't get her to give on wearing a Tech shirt to the game...and I wasn't going to wear burnt orange. Instead, we bought two black t-shirts that said, "Last night I had a nightmare and dreamt I was an aggie." We ended up not going so I haven't worn it yet...but I'm sure I'll have to wear it to the game in Lubbock this year.

Say what you will...make whatever sigs you want...but here you have the truth. Now go buy another t-shirt! :p T-shirts anyone?

Adidas410s
02-13-2008, 07:55 PM
oh wait...I forgot...I attended baseball and tennis camps at UT when I was 13...and I think they gave me a t-shirt. I guess I'm a t-shirt fan now! :p

eagles_victory
02-13-2008, 08:00 PM
oh wait...I forgot...I attended baseball and tennis camps at UT when I was 13...and I think they gave me a t-shirt. I guess I'm a t-shirt fan now! :p As much as I hate to do it Ill give you benefit of the doubt on this one. Going back and reading i get where your coming from with many of your claims. I have removed my sig.

Adidas410s
02-13-2008, 08:08 PM
As much as I hate to do it Ill give you benefit of the doubt on this one. Going back and reading i get where your coming from with many of your claims. I have removed my sig.
fair enough...thanks! :)

Oh...and I forgot to mention that the bet was actually with my best friend who's an Aggie! Guess his hatred of all things Texas lead him to bet on the school that has owned A&M in recent (and starting to get distant) memory! ;)

Old Tiger
02-13-2008, 08:09 PM
ol aggy:doh:

LH Panther Mom
02-13-2008, 10:46 PM
By your definition........

classless clowns and moronic fans (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=26650) :thinking:

Hook 'em? (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=35669) :doh:

Choke-la-homa/BlowU (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=47805) :rolleyes:

I personally don't give a rat's butt who anyone roots for or why or whether family or they attended, but when you call others out for being a so-called t-shirt fan, and by your posts, no one can tell who you root for, it makes someone think if you even know.