View Full Version : Rick Neuheisel UCLA Coach

kepdawg
12-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Neuheisel has been named coach at UCLA.

Maroon87
12-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Neuheisel has been named coach at UCLA.

The NCAA should just go ahead and book their hotel rooms in Westwood right now.

TexanFan4Life
12-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Neuheisel's a 'been there, done that' type of guy who has a very creative offensive mind. Dwayne Walker would have been a nice choice though, to me anyway.

I hate to bring it up, but how can I not? He's african american and gets passed over for a Head Coaching job. I'm not saying UCLA made their decision based on race, but it seems funny that there's not more African American head coaches in the game today. Nothing new that hasn't already been heard, but I can't get over that fact.

eagles_victory
12-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Neuheisel's a 'been there, done that' type of guy who has a very creative offensive mind. Dwayne Walker would have been a nice choice though, to me anyway.

I hate to bring it up, but how can I not? He's african american and gets passed over for a Head Coaching job. I'm not saying UCLA made their decision based on race, but it seems funny that there's not more African American head coaches in the game today. Nothing new that hasn't already been heard, but I can't get over that fact. You hire the candidate who you best feel deserves the job and will make your program good Neuheisel has proven he can do that. Keep in mind UCLA just had a black coach

TexanFan4Life
12-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You hire the candidate who you best feel deserves the job and will make your program good Neuheisel has proven he can do that. Keep in mind UCLA just had a black coach

I know that. That's why I worded my post the way I did.

I guess I'm just a fan of giving the young, unproven guy a shot. It's not a bad hire...I would like to have seen Walker though.

District303aPastPlayer
12-30-2007, 03:05 AM
Neuheisel will bring attention back to UCLA a la Harbaugh at Stanford

GreenMonster
12-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Neuheisel is also a UCLA grad and former QB that has been mentioned on several occassions in the past as being "their guy" but he always pulled out of the race. I can remember very specifically one such occassion while he was still at Colorado and UCLA had fired Terry Donahue. Not really a surprising hire for them.