PDA

View Full Version : #1 WR Julio Jones Commits to Texas Tech???

Adidas410s
12-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Multiple message boards (orangebloods, texags, etc) are reporting today that Julio Jones is a silent/soft commit to Texas Tech.

Sweetwater Red
12-28-2007, 05:30 PM
I heard Rich Rodriguez is on a plane to Foley, Alabama at this
very moment.:thinking: :D

Phil C
12-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Man with that great qb and Crabtree and that defense that should be great next year TT should compete for the NC.

STANG RED
12-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Man with that great qb and Crabtree and that defense that should be great next year TT should compete for the NC.

They'll need to really stiffen up their defense before they will ever be a serious contender for a NC.

Adidas410s
12-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
They'll need to really stiffen up their defense before they will ever be a serious contender for a NC.
Already in progress. Tech is finally dragging in some defensive guys that can (hopefully) stop the run. Their secondary is fine but needs a few run stoppers.

Sweetwater Red
12-28-2007, 05:54 PM
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2666455

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7djgR4tDSg

STANG RED
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Already in progress. Tech is finally dragging in some defensive guys that can (hopefully) stop the run. Their secondary is fine but needs a few run stoppers.

If thats the case, they could seriously do some damage. May need to get at least one more good quality non conference opponent on their schedule though. That might be a bit tricky to get done. I doubt there are many that would be very anxious to put TT on there schedule, with or without a solid D.
Has next years schedule been released yet?

Adidas410s
12-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
If thats the case, they could seriously do some damage. May need to get at least one more good quality non conference opponent on their schedule though. That might be a bit tricky to get done. I doubt there are many that would be very anxious to put TT on there schedule, with or without a solid D.
Has next years schedule been released yet?

vs Tulsa
@ Nevada
vs SMU
vs UMass :mad: :mad: :mad: 1-AA opponents don't help AT ALL with the BCS computers
OPEN
@ KState
Nebraska
@ Texas A&M
@ Kansas
Texas
Oklahoma State
@ Oklahoma
Baylor

g$$
12-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Multiple message boards (orangebloods, texags, etc) are reporting today that Julio Jones is a silent/soft commit to Texas Tech.

Huge if true. With any kind of defense, Tech could be dangerous. Still say to truly win big though it will take Tech running the ball a little bit to control clock & allow their defense a break at times. No doubt Tech can score points.

Long way to February Signing Day...

STANG RED
12-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2666455

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7djgR4tDSg

WOW!!!!! Just watched the youtube. That was a full grown man playing against boys. He is amazing! He'll be an immediate impact at any DI school he wants to attend.
Wonder what kind of a student he is though???
Hell, he could play in the NFL right now.

jimmyceatworld
12-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

I highly doubt that. Even if their D improves they still play in the Big 12 ... just the Big 12 South for that matter. I don't know much, but I'm willing to bet not too many teams have competed for the NC after having 4 conference losses the previous year. They should be content competing for a CC, maybe just a DC

ronwx5x
12-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
I highly doubt that. Even if their D improves they still play in the Big 12 ... just the Big 12 South for that matter. I don't know much, but I'm willing to bet not too many teams have competed for the NC after having 4 conference losses the previous year. They should be content competing for a CC, maybe just a DC
Not sure of the point you are making here. There have been two NC's out of the Big 12 South in the last seven years. Not many Conferences can boast of that, much less a single division of a conference.
Tech has been middle of the road at best in the Big 12 , but a very tough conference and even tougher division.

kepdawg
12-28-2007, 10:35 PM
If he's going to play receiver at Tech what is Jerry Jones getting in return for the Cowboys? :thinking:

Jack_Daniels
12-28-2007, 11:00 PM
exas Tech looks like a lock to win the South next year. This may be the year. A BCS bowl at the very least. Harrell is gonna light it up. Go Raiders