PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite moment from this season?

Emerson1
12-28-2007, 02:11 PM
It was pretty cool seeing SLC finally lose. Also Copperas Cove's come from behind win vs Waxahachie was great.

celinaorange
12-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Texas Stadium, 3A Division II State Championship game, middle of the 4th quarter, score tied 14-14, Celina's ball on their own 30, third and 14 to go. QB Seth Davis(#5) hands off to Troy McCartney(#27) who is going to sweep right and try to throw back to Davis on a half-back throw back pass(a play that China Spring had tied the score with only a few plays earlier). Davis is covered and Troy has to scramble and after what seemed like an eternity stays on his feet avoiding several shots from the China Spring defense and finds Austin Carey(#33 and my grandson) open and throws a perfect pass for a 27 yard gain and a first down and the momentum changes back to Celina. Celina goes on to score with about 6 minutes left in the game to take a 21-14 lead. Celina holds on for the win 21-14 and their record setting 8th State Championship. Am I proud of the Celina Bobcats and especially #27 AND #33? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT.

Fletch
12-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It was pretty cool seeing SLC finally lose. Also Copperas Cove's come from behind win vs Waxahachie was great.
In my opinion, it would have been cool to see SLC lose if someone had beaten their best, not aided by the loss of the 5A player of the year. Nothing against Abilene, but SLC wasn't SLC without Dodge.

Old Tiger
12-28-2007, 04:36 PM
My favorite part of the season was when I witnessed two teams after the handshake at the end of the game stand by one another and listen to each others fight songs and show respect then go to a prayer together.

Ranger Mom
12-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
My favorite part of the season was when I witnessed two teams after the handshake at the end of the game stand by one another and listen to each others fight songs and show respect then go to a prayer together.

Is that unusual?? That happens with the majority of West Texas teams...yes, REGION I teams, every Friday night!!!

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Is that unusual?? That happens with the majority of West Texas teams...yes, REGION I teams, every Friday night!!!

I have only seen it once or twice ever

Sweetwater Red
12-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I have only seen it once or twice ever

You should see more Sweetwater games. Sometimes it's followed
by taking a knee at midfield and having a "moment of silence" by
both teams.

crzyjournalist03
12-28-2007, 05:32 PM

Forney used to do that when they were 3A...don't know if they still do

Emerson1
12-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Forney used to do that when they were 3A...don't know if they still do
I never remember praying. Now they shake hands, watch both fight songs, rush talks about the loss, do jumping jacks, then go and talk to the fans

crzyjournalist03
12-28-2007, 05:37 PM
I never remember praying. Now they shake hands, watch both fight songs, rush talks about the loss, do jumping jacks, then go and talk to the fans

it wasn't a team-wide prayer, but there was always a group right around the middle of the field right after the fight songs...

"Rush talks about the loss..." sad times...

Is there any worries about him being on the hot seat?

Emerson1
12-28-2007, 05:39 PM
it wasn't a team-wide prayer, but there was always a group right around the middle of the field right after the fight songs...

"Rush talks about the loss..." sad times...

Is there any worries about him being on the hot seat?
I figured he would be gone after last season honestly. I won't go to a single game next year if they don't get a new offensive coordinator.

crzyjournalist03
12-28-2007, 05:41 PM
I figured he would be gone after last season honestly. I won't go to a single game next year if they don't get a new offensive coordinator.

Is Rush calling the plays or does he have an offensive coach doing it?

Emerson1
12-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Is Rush calling the plays or does he have an offensive coach doing it?
It's melilo

crzyjournalist03
12-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Wow.

Wow.

Enough said.

bobcat1
12-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Saturday evening at Texas Stadium.

By the way Blue. Every Celina game ends that way. We only had one team refuse to pray with us and I will not mention their name. They were just hurting.

Sweetwater Red
12-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Saturday evening at Texas Stadium.

By the way Blue. Every Celina game ends that way. We only had one team refuse to pray with us and I will not mention their name. They were just hurting.

Hmmmmmmm.:thinking:

waterboy
12-28-2007, 06:06 PM
After all the handshakes, school song, and presentations (if there are any), the Gilmer team gathers around Coach Traylor and listens to his post-game comments and then they do a group / team prayer, which is led by one of the team members, usually. Also, when Gilmer plays Tatum, the two teams gather, either in one endzone, or in the middle of the field for a group prayer. I think this sets a good example for the kids, and helps them to keep the game, and life in perspective.

eagles_victory
12-28-2007, 06:11 PM
In Fairfield we have done it this way the last 3 years. First we pull the other teams foot out of our arses after they kicked it all over the field. Then we shake hands team meeting then the school song

Old Tiger
12-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Regardless of how many times it has been done it is always the best moment of the game/season.

Stownhorse
12-28-2007, 08:07 PM
The Abilene Wylie/Gilmer game. Didn't quite prove me right in my prediction but it did surprise people.

trojan37
12-28-2007, 09:25 PM
The best moment of the season for me was West getting revenge on Celina in the first round of the Sherman Holiday Invitational basketball tournament, 61-25.:D

kepdawg
12-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
The best moment of the season for me was West getting revenge on Celina in the first round of the Sherman Holiday Invitational basketball tournament, 61-25.:D

You must live a sad life!

trojan37
12-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
You must live a sad life!

Hey, they thumped us in football, we needed that!:D If our coach wouldn't schedule a bunch of patsies in non-district and schedule some real opponents, our kids might learn how to play a real football team.

AP Panther Fan
12-28-2007, 09:47 PM

I would have liked that....why not end it on a "good note" for everyone. That's is how it should be!:)

kepdawg
12-28-2007, 09:50 PM
End of 3
Sherman 43
Denison 24

Denison scored a TD a missed the kick

9:39 4Q
Sherman 43
Denison 30

Denison scored a TD and made the kick

3:55 4Q
Sherman 43
Denison 37

Denison recovers an onside kick!

Denison scored a TD and made the kick

2:10 4Q
Denison 44
Sherman 43

17 seconds left Sherman lines up for a game winning 40 yard field goal

Good snap...

Good hold...

Blocked!!!

Denison ball!

Denison takes a knee!

Final
Denison 44
Sherman 43

trojan37
12-28-2007, 09:54 PM
17-3A being represented for the 2nd straight year in a title game was another good moment. Can they do it again next year?

kepdawg
12-28-2007, 09:55 PM
17-3A being represented for the 2nd straight year in a title game was another good moment. Can they do it again next year?

17-3A might not even be the same teams next year!

trojan37
12-28-2007, 09:56 PM
The majority will be the same.

kepdawg
12-28-2007, 10:08 PM
The majority will be the same.

It could be the exact same teams, but the number could change.

JR2004
12-28-2007, 10:24 PM
17-3A might not even be the same teams next year!

17-3A usually has the same core of teams every realignment.

kepdawg
12-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
17-3A usually has the same core of teams every realignment.

So? Maybe the UIL will feel like giving them a new number this time!

michaelp23
12-28-2007, 10:33 PM

Am I the only one that thinks this whole routine is a little weird. I'm all for good sportsmanship. But it can go a little far for my taste. What's next, everyone sits in a circle Indian style...errr like pretzels, holds hands and sings Michael Row the Boat Ashore? Come on, shake hands, tell them good game and let it go......:doh: :doh: :doh:

AP Panther Fan
12-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
What's next, everyone sits in a circle Indian style...errr like pretzels, holds hands and sings Michael Row the Boat Ashore?

You should like that since your name is Michael! ;) :D

catdaddy
12-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this whole routine is a little weird. I'm all for good sportsmanship. But it can go a little far for my taste. What's next, everyone sits in a circle Indian style...errr like pretzels, holds hands and sings Michael Row the Boat Ashore? Come on, shake hands, tell them good game and let it go......:doh: :doh: :doh:

Actually, I think it takes a lot of hutzpah nowadays for teen-agers stand up (actually kneel) in front of everyone and profess their faith. I totally dig it. By all means, if a kid doesn't want to then that's OK too.
I'm all for knockin' the other kids *&^%$ in the dirt when the whistle blows but when it blows the second time you aughta help 'em up.

Jack_Daniels
12-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Its always good to see kids show respect in any form.

trojan37
12-28-2007, 11:30 PM
So? Maybe the UIL will feel like giving them a new number this time!

Connally, La Vega, China Spring, Robinson. Always has been, always will be.

Jack_Daniels
12-28-2007, 11:35 PM
I thought once that LaVega, Connally, Lorena, and China Spring were in different districts. Lorena went south, China went north and Robinson went east with laVega. Im probably wrong but I think it was something like that.

trojan37
12-28-2007, 11:41 PM
A few years ago my nephew was still playing, and it was West, China, La Vega, Hillsboro, Connally, Whitney, Gatesville and Robinson. The district has changed a lot of times at realignment, but the usuals have always stayed (Connally, LV, China and Robinson.) I'm thinking realignment could bring us back this way, but with Clifton possibly moving up, I see us staying put, possibly Kennedale moving back to a DFW district and Clifton coming to us. Lorena is back and forth also. They were in the district with Cameron at one time.

K-MAC Chuck
12-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Lib Hill vs. Gilmer, state championship game...

Second quarter...Dustin Gonzales takes a handoff from QB Braden Fickel and comes to his left; after seeing nothing there, Gonzo Time turns around and goes right.

Then IT happens: Fickel, the Quarterback, throws a key block as Gonzo Time breaks free for a 63-yard TD run.

The extra-point is good, Liberty Hill takes a 25-7 lead

eagles_victory
12-29-2007, 01:19 AM
A few years ago my nephew was still playing, and it was West, China, La Vega, Hillsboro, Connally, Whitney, Gatesville and Robinson. The district has changed a lot of times at realignment, but the usuals have always stayed (Connally, LV, China and Robinson.) I'm thinking realignment could bring us back this way, but with Clifton possibly moving up, I see us staying put, possibly Kennedale moving back to a DFW district and Clifton coming to us. Lorena is back and forth also. They were in the district with Cameron at one time. Not true Connally went to 4a for 2 years in the late 90's and Robinson has come to Fairfields district before

trojan37
12-29-2007, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Not true Connally went to 4a for 2 years in the late 90's and Robinson has come to Fairfields district before

OMG! I know Connally has been 4A before, and they would obviously not be in this district for that reason, Helen Keller could see that! Robinson with Fairfield one time. I am simply stating, due to their location, and for the majority of the previously stated teams existence in 3A they have been together in the same district. Teams move around all the time, but year after year, those 4 teams are usually together.

Bobcat_Mom
12-29-2007, 03:06 AM
This is a tough one.....I will say my favorite play of the season was Troy's scramble throw in the State game @ Texas Stadium.

The season has many outstanding plays, hits, tackles, td's, and team effort.

I absolutely love seeing Celina and their opponent circle in the middle of the field, pray, and shake hands.

eagles_victory
12-29-2007, 03:24 AM
OMG! I know Connally has been 4A before, and they would obviously not be in this district for that reason, Helen Keller could see that! Robinson with Fairfield one time. I am simply stating, due to their location, and for the majority of the previously stated teams existence in 3A they have been together in the same district. Teams move around all the time, but year after year, those 4 teams are usually together. Well you said always now your saying usually. I dont need a dictonary to tell me ALWAYS means everytime so if it hasnt been everytime then it isnt ALWAYS hoss (g$$ quote)

Stownhorse
12-29-2007, 03:39 AM
OMG! I know Connally has been 4A before, and they would obviously not be in this district for that reason, Helen Keller could see that! Robinson with Fairfield one time. I am simply stating, due to their location, and for the majority of the previously stated teams existence in 3A they have been together in the same district. Teams move around all the time, but year after year, those 4 teams are usually together.

All BS aside, district 17-3A is gunna be bush league next year.

navscanmaster
12-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Kep, I know you will probably frown at this one, but my favorite moment was without a doubt the second half comeback by Navasota against Jasper in round 2. That was one for the ages. Made me proud to be a Rattler.

Ranger Mom
12-29-2007, 10:11 AM

It's called RESPECT...nothing weird about that, IMO!!

Oh...and we don't sing Michael Row the Boat Ashore, we sing Kumbaya!!:tongue: :tongue: :D

tigerpride_08
12-29-2007, 10:38 AM
my 77 yard interception touchdown and getting ejected from the game for celebrating...:D

shackina
12-29-2007, 10:46 AM
making it home after the game was sometimes amazing for us. (I only had to drive once.)
worst moment ... the freakin weather. Football is suposed to be cold weather not 1 million degrees in Amarillo.
but as far as the game... #2 finally getting to play.

firstdown
12-29-2007, 11:21 AM
watching my son play his first varsity play.

trojan37
12-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Well you said always now your saying usually. I dont need a dictonary to tell me ALWAYS means everytime so if it hasnt been everytime then it isnt ALWAYS hoss (g$$ quote)

Dude, get a grip! All I am saying is the majority of the time, 99.9% of the time those 4 teams are together. I'm sorry I wasn't "politically correct." It's people like you that have to come on here, sniff through every little word in a thread and then turn it into a pissing match.

Daddy D 11
12-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Justin Johnson returning the opening kickoff for Gilmer and all the Gilmer faithful actually thinking they had a chance;)

that is my favorite moment though bc of how our boys reacted and the way their mentality changed after that blunder.

michaelp23
12-29-2007, 01:24 PM
It's called RESPECT...nothing weird about that, IMO!!

Oh...and we don't sing Michael Row the Boar Ashore, we sing Kumbaya!!:tongue: :tongue: :D

That was my first choice but I didn't know how to spell it. Whatever kids want to do is fine. I pray as much as the next guy. I never would've wanted to do it after a game though. It always took me a couple hours after the game, win or lose, to cool down. Holding hands with the enemy or listening to their fight song was not gonna happen. But I would shake hands and tell them good game. I think its understood when that is done that there is mutual respect. I didn't hate the other team, but I was going to be buddies with them either.

IHS Fan
12-29-2007, 01:31 PM
the best moment of the year for me was watching Navarro win their conference championship in my sons last year there and then go on to win their bowl game and end up 4th in the nation.

eagles_victory
12-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Dude, get a grip! All I am saying is the majority of the time, 99.9% of the time those 4 teams are together. I'm sorry I wasn't "politically correct." It's people like you that have to come on here, sniff through every little word in a thread and then turn it into a pissing match. lol it has nothing to do with being politically correct or it being a pissing match. You made a statement that was wrong I called you out on it and you got pissed. I wasnt trying to be rude just stating that your quote wasnt exactly accurate and you got mad.

trojan37
12-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Well you said always now your saying usually. I dont need a dictonary to tell me ALWAYS means everytime so if it hasnt been everytime then it isnt ALWAYS hoss (g$$ quote)

No, that comment doesn't sound rude. Not at all.

eagles_victory
12-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Not true Connally went to 4a for 2 years in the late 90's and Robinson has come to Fairfields district before

OMG! I know Connally has been 4A before, and they would obviously not be in this district for that reason, Helen Keller could see that! Robinson with Fairfield one time. I am simply stating, due to their location, and for the majority of the previously stated teams existence in 3A they have been together in the same district. Teams move around all the time, but year after year, those 4 teams are usually together. If this is a pissing match tell me who started it?

Daddy D 11
12-29-2007, 01:53 PM
No, that comment doesn't sound rude. Not at all.
i agree, it doesnt sound rude. he is simply stating what words mean in the dictionary:)

trojan37
12-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Let me change it up then. Robinson, China, LV and Connally SHOULD be together again this year after realignment, like they USUALLY are. They have been in the same district for A NUMBER of years and I don't see this changing .:D

Old Tiger
12-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Justin Johnson returning the opening kickoff for Gilmer and all the Gilmer faithful actually thinking they had a chance;)

that is my favorite moment though bc of how our boys reacted and the way their mentality changed after that blunder. lol

Daddy D 11
12-29-2007, 02:08 PM
i had to put in the second line just so i dont sound arrogant, that way certain fans dont go crazy on me again:)

kepdawg
12-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
i had to put in the second line just so i dont sound arrogant, that way certain fans dont go crazy on me again:)

I thought the second line was more arrogant than the first line! :D

Daddy D 11
12-29-2007, 02:44 PM
gosh, you are right:doh: :)

Ranger Mom
12-29-2007, 04:18 PM
That was my first choice but I didn't know how to spell it. Whatever kids want to do is fine. I pray as much as the next guy. I never would've wanted to do it after a game though. It always took me a couple hours after the game, win or lose, to cool down. Holding hands with the enemy or listening to their fight song was not gonna happen. But I would shake hands and tell them good game. I think its understood when that is done that there is mutual respect. I didn't hate the other team, but I was going to be buddies with them either.

I don't think we "hold hands" but each team stands behind the other team while the fight song is being played with their helmets raised in the air....then they normally meet at the center of the field for an aftergame prayer.

You said listening to the fight song wasn't gonna happen....if a player walks away from that after-game tradition, and the coaches see them, it will not be taken lightly.

michaelp23
12-30-2007, 12:14 AM
I don't think we "hold hands" but each team stands behind the other team while the fight song is being played with their helmets raised in the air....then they normally meet at the center of the field for an aftergame prayer.

You said listening to the fight song wasn't gonna happen....if a player walks away from that after-game tradition, and the coaches see them, it will not be taken lightly.

I said listening to THEIR fight song. It wasn't that many years ago that I played, and we never did that. I guess that's okay, I've just seen things that are strange like Coach Jackson at Sweetwater circle the Wylie and Sweetwater kids up after a heated game and talk to them for 5 minutes. I wouldn't have cared what the opposing coach had to say about anything. My cousin was a player on that team, and he told me that it was a bunch of Coach Jackson saying "can't we all just get along" mumbo jumbo. Just my feeling on the matter. But again, its not that big a deal, just my opinion.:)

Ranger Mom
12-30-2007, 09:31 AM
I said listening to THEIR fight song. It wasn't that many years ago that I played, and we never did that. I guess that's okay, I've just seen things that are strange like Coach Jackson at Sweetwater circle the Wylie and Sweetwater kids up after a heated game and talk to them for 5 minutes. I wouldn't have cared what the opposing coach had to say about anything. My cousin was a player on that team, and he told me that it was a bunch of Coach Jackson saying "can't we all just get along" mumbo jumbo. Just my feeling on the matter. But again, its not that big a deal, just my opinion.:)

Now that I have reread this, I meant to say "School song" not fight song. Either way, I don't find anything "weird" about it!

j_dog
01-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Kep, I know you will probably frown at this one, but my favorite moment was without a doubt the second half comeback by Navasota against Jasper in round 2. That was one for the ages. Made me proud to be a Rattler.
I did not like that moment at all. :( ;)