PDA

View Full Version : Miami qb transferring to Baylor

trojan37
12-28-2007, 01:43 PM
qb transfer (http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/college/2007/12/28/12282007wacbears.html)

Old Tiger
12-28-2007, 01:44 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76823

Jack_Daniels
12-28-2007, 01:45 PM
"Playing for his dad at Brownwood, Freeman passed for 1,487 yards and 14 TDs as a junior in leading the Tigers to the 4A Division I state semifinals"

Tigers? Brownwood is the Lions

trojan37
12-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Jack_Daniels
"Playing for his dad at Brownwood, Freeman passed for 1,487 yards and 14 TDs as a junior in leading the Tigers to the 4A Division I state semifinals"

Tigers? Brownwood is the Lions

WacoTrib. They always screw up.

Cameron Crazy
12-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Something good for Baylor for once?

sahen
12-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Something good for Baylor for once?

NCAA still has to clear him...as a Baylor fan I wont be holding my breath, but the 2 freshmen QBs we having coming in look promising as well...along w/ a Juco transfer who originally commited to us but didnt have the grades but now does, this is assuming he goes on and comes to Baylor and it seems he will at the moment, but we all know how those things can change....

Gsquared
12-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Kirby Freeman is one of the best HS QB's I have ever seen. Saw him his senior year agains Permian, kid was playing with a stomach virus, rushes for over 150 yards and throws for over 300 in that game. Would throw up between possesions.

BwdLion_80
12-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by sahen
NCAA still has to clear him...as a Baylor fan I wont be holding my breath, but the 2 freshmen QBs we having coming in look promising as well...along w/ a Juco transfer who originally commited to us but didnt have the grades but now does, this is assuming he goes on and comes to Baylor and it seems he will at the moment, but we all know how those things can change....

Knowing the Freeman's the way I do, I would almost bet that they have already taken care of everything that is necessary. Coach Freeman is not the kind to just do something unprepared.

sahen
12-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Knowing the Freeman's the way I do, I would almost bet that they have already taken care of everything that is necessary. Coach Freeman is not the kind to just do something unprepared.

well, according to the paper and all they have to see if the NCAA clears them...it may be that Kirby Freeman is going to transfer to finish off his degree no matter what to Baylor, but the playing football part is in questions...i dont know....i would imagine they are on top of it as much as they can be and have filed or are in the process of filing all the necessary paperwork so if the NCAA does grant him a waiver then he can start practice this spring...a big problem with the NCAA is they never get in a hurry to do anything, the Freemans can do all they want but it isn't going to make the NCAA do anything quicker than a snail's pace esp. if them dragging their feet can jeopordize a career/someone's future...see all the clearinghouse issues teams have with the NCAA in particular Baylor and A&M a couple years back, i know both schools had players caught up in that...

g$$
12-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by sahen
well, according to the paper and all they have to see if the NCAA clears them...it may be that Kirby Freeman is going to transfer to finish off his degree no matter what to Baylor, but the playing football part is in questions...i dont know....i would imagine they are on top of it as much as they can be and have filed or are in the process of filing all the necessary paperwork so if the NCAA does grant him a waiver then he can start practice this spring...a big problem with the NCAA is they never get in a hurry to do anything, the Freemans can do all they want but it isn't going to make the NCAA do anything quicker than a snail's pace esp. if them dragging their feet can jeopordize a career/someone's future...see all the clearinghouse issues teams have with the NCAA in particular Baylor and A&M a couple years back, i know both schools had players caught up in that...

It's D1-A to D1-A, so something has to give. How many years does he have left for eligibility? You have 5 to play 4, so unless he is granted some type of waiver, he must sit out another year.

The Pena case was a special deal under an old rule at UH. He also had graduated & then left team anyway to pursure coaching with his dad.

I wish Kirby well, but gaining immediate eligibility may be difficult. His family knows the rules so we'll see what happens.

BwdLion_80
12-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Kirby has already graduated and has been working on his masters. As for his years left, he has 1 left. He red shirted his first year at miami and just finished his Jr. year eligibility wise.

g$$
12-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Kirby has already graduated and has been working on his masters. As for his years left, he has 1 left. He red shirted his first year at miami and just finished his Jr. year eligibility wise.

Then he is 4 years in, meaning he has 1 left. So if he has to sit out another year, that makes 5 years. Barring a waiver for extreme circumstances, I don't see how he could be eligible.

I wish him the best.

kepdawg
12-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Then he is 4 years in, meaning he has 1 left. So if he has to sit out another year, that makes 5 years. Barring a waiver for extreme circumstances, I don't see how he could be eligible.

I wish him the best.

Thus the whole bit about the NCAA needing to clear him.

sahen
12-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I wish him the best.

exactly....thats y i have been saying it depends on the waiver...

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/college/2007/12/29/12292007wacfreeman.html

Gontex
12-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Freeman couldn't cut it in Miami, so what makes anybody think he can cut it in the Big 12?

c-town_balla
12-30-2007, 05:52 PM
I thought that if you had graduated you could transfer anywhere....The QB for Cinicinati did that

NDFootball
12-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
Freeman couldn't cut it in Miami, so what makes anybody think he can cut it in the Big 12?

Because it's Baylor lol

charlesrixey
12-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Gontex

what if he switched positions? nobody has mentioned it yet but i'm fairly certain the bears could use him somewhere

sahen
12-31-2007, 11:17 PM
it is possible he didnt make it at Miami cause the scheme didn't fit him...plus the coaching sucked which is why they aren't there anymore...the kid was the number 9 dual threat QB in the nation coming out of high school, if he gets his waiver he will get a shot at the QB spot and may get it since Briles offense utilizes a mobile QB and we had pretty much nothing at QB this year...if he doesnt win that battle I am sure we will move him elsewhere since he is such a good athlete, we can use as many athletes as we can get...

charlesrixey
12-31-2007, 11:24 PM
all good points sahen

if anyone would know how to employ freeman, it would be briles, even if it is a brownwood kid

;)