PDA

View Full Version : Help me out Dlow

Rabbit'93
12-28-2007, 01:06 PM
I value most of your opinions and insights here so help me out here. I've been pondering this for a while and can't come up with my own, good, answer.

Why does a defender get pumped, jacked, or fired up about leveling an offensive guy who 9 x out of 10 never sees him coming and is defensless. I've done it when i was playing but i think about it now and it doesn't seem like it's that big of a deal.

DU_stud04
12-28-2007, 01:13 PM
adrenaline rush. they're fun :)

Old Tiger
12-28-2007, 01:16 PM
mentality of a defensive player to want to destroy an offensive player and when they do they get crunk about it.

Jack_Daniels
12-28-2007, 01:22 PM
The force of your hit is transfered to him. Much like when you hit a baseball on the sweet spot. The energy is transfered to him and not you. Yes it does fell good because he is absorbing all the force of the hit and not you. And yes its a rush. Just like a tennis racket hitting a tennis ball in the sweet spot on an overhead smash. And also the chance to inflict pain that weakens your opponent and/or hinders his ability to play well, thus giving your team an advantage. The part I havent figured out yet is why do guys and coaches jump up and down but the hit happened 30 yards downfield for a first down? Its also the reason they give you pads to play a man's game.

Cameron Crazy
12-28-2007, 02:18 PM
If I jack up someone on defense I'ma get krunk doing it.:D