PDA

View Full Version : What's for supper?

44INAROW
12-28-2007, 12:22 PM
I am having City Market BBQ Ribs and Sausage for supper tonight ;) Hubby taking middle son back to the airport in Austin - he planned his flight back to coincide with a quick stop at City Market..... gotta love good planning :p

Ranger Mom
12-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Something called "Corpus Christi"!!

My sister-in-law made it at Thanksgiving and my family fell in LOVE with it.

It's basically just a dip, but my family will make a meal out of it...and it is EASY to fix and good!!!!

CheerMom
12-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Well give us the recipe...:D

Ranger Mom
12-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
Well give us the recipe...:D

Upon further "research" everyone just calls it "sausage dip"....I don't know where "Corpus Christi" came in...but that is what it will always be in my family now.

I think it's probably a pretty common recipe.

1 roll of breakfast sausage
1 can of rotel (drained)
1 package of cream cheese

cook sausage and drain, add rotel and cream cheese and cook til melted.

Serve with chips.

(My husband loads his plate with chips and smothers it with dip)!!

CheerMom
12-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Sounds good....thanks.;)

Maroon87
12-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Something called "Corpus Christi"!!

My sister-in-law made it at Thanksgiving and my family fell in LOVE with it.

It's basically just a dip, but my family will make a meal out of it...and it is EASY to fix and good!!!!

I didn't realize that my hometown was also a dish.:doh:

GreenMonster
12-28-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm fixing a roast with carrots, potatoes, green peas, and croissant rolls. Should be tasty!

44INAROW
12-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'm fixing a roast with carrots, potatoes, green peas, and croissant rolls. Should be tasty!

That sounds like great leftovers tomorrow ;)

STANG RED
12-28-2007, 03:38 PM
My wife left for Plano this morning for some pre surgery tests over the next few days for an Jan 8th surgery. Then she will have an 8 to 10 week recovery and physical therapy at Baylor medical in Dallas. So I'm gonna be bachin it for next couple of months. Lots of sandwiches, chili/hot dogs, frozen pizzas, and hamburgers will be on my menu for a long time to come. Think I'll start with a Totino's hamburger pizza tonight. YUM!!!
I may be dead of a heart attack before she gets back home.:devil:

44INAROW
12-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
My wife left for Plano this morning for some pre surgery tests over the next few days for an Jan 8th surgery. Then she will have an 8 to 10 week recovery and physical therapy at Baylor medical in Dallas. So I'm gonna be bachin it for next couple of months. Lots of sandwiches, chili/hot dogs, frozen pizzas, and hamburgers will be on my menu for a long time to come. Think I'll start with a Totino's hamburger pizza tonight. YUM!!!
I may be dead of a heart attack before she gets back home.:devil:

I hope she has a successful surgery and has a good Physical Therapist (that is what my old son is)
Some quick ideas for meals are those Lipton Butter Noodles, Garlic Noodles or the Broccoli/Rice packages, etc - Pan fry or oven bake a couple of hamburger patties - quick and easy and doesn't make alot of mess.... Those noodles are pretty neat - bring 2 cups of water and a tablespoon of butter to a boil and add the noodles - simmer for 7 mins and viola - they are done....