PDA

View Full Version : Re-Alignment and 18-3A

winthebigone
12-28-2007, 10:19 AM
With the reality of Hutto going 4A , Taylor being on the 4A "bubble", and Cameron supposedl;y having turned in 2A numbers.

What is that district going to look like next year?

Daddy D 11
12-28-2007, 10:45 AM
no one really knows, but those 3 scenarios you bring up are all very likely.

King_LeYoeNidas
12-28-2007, 11:57 AM
idk but Cameron going to 2A is totally gay.

trojan37
12-28-2007, 12:59 PM
I saw a post on another website last night, and it showed Cameron with very low numbers. What the heck happened in Cameron? Did everyone move away? I thought it used to be a descent sized school. I can't see them going to 2A. And it showed Taylor with 3A numbers.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jack_Daniels
12-28-2007, 01:11 PM
The cutoff was 415 last time and will probably be a little higher. I didnt think Cameron was that low. I figured they were 550-600. They turned in 452 last time. I thought they had more Yoemen than that.

Old Tiger
12-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Heard cameron turned in 430-440

trojan37
12-28-2007, 01:16 PM
This shows Cameron with 437? Is that right?

Realignment numbers (http://www.txprepsfootball.com.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=461)

Panther One
12-28-2007, 02:12 PM
I think Liberty Hill will move back into Region IV in a district with Burnet, Fredericksburg, Wimberley, and Llano. Ingram might also be thrown into that mix if they don't move down to 2A. I expect the new Boerne school to be 3A, so if Ingram does move down and the UIL is set on getting back to six team districts, that's a possibility, considering Bandera was once in our district.

Regardless of whether it's a five or six team district, it sets up to be one of the toughest in the state if in fact Burnet does move down. I'm pretty certain Fredericksburg will be dropping. Since 2002, the trio of Burnet, Wimberley, and Liberty Hill have played in five state championship games (02, 03, 05, 06, 07) and in 2004, Liberty Hill was one game away. Throw in Fredericksburg who's been a competitive 4A team and Llano whose been making decent runs in the playoffs and you get a pretty solid five teams.

Of course, if this does happen, we'll lose two of our non-district opponents in Wimberley and Burnet, so I'm pretty sure that'll leave us with one for next year; Cuero. It's going to be tough filling out our non-district slate, considering nobody wants to play us. I'd like to try to get teams like Giddings, China Spring, and Brownwood on the schedule, and maybe Rockdale if we do move out of their district. This would be a good schedule:

Rockdale
Giddings
China Spring
Cuero
Brownwood
(Another non-district if in 5-team district)
Open
Wimberley
Llano
Fredericksburg
(Possible Sixth District Opponent)
Burnet

Other Possible Opponents:
Robinson
La Vega
Ab Wylie (neurtal site)
Cameron (if they don't drop to 2A)
Caldwell

emileq
12-29-2007, 08:42 AM
I would like to see non district games against Lake Travis, or Copperas Cove. LT would give us practice against a great spread offense, and LT would get practice against the strongest running attack they would see all year.

navscanmaster
12-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by emileq
I would like to see non district games against Lake Travis, or Copperas Cove. LT would give us practice against a great spread offense, and LT would get practice against the strongest running attack they would see all year.

Once again though, why would a big 4A school want to run the risk of being embarrassed by a 3A school? It doesn't matter that Liberty Hill is back to back champs in 3A, if a school of Cove or Lake Travis' calibar lost to ANY 3A team, they would be the laughing stock of 4A.

BILLYFRED0000
12-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Once again though, why would a big 4A school want to run the risk of being embarrassed by a 3A school? It doesn't matter that Liberty Hill is back to back champs in 3A, if a school of Cove or Lake Travis' calibar lost to ANY 3A team, they would be the laughing stock of 4A.

That is the question. Celina has not had to much trouble when we were 2a scheduling 3a but most of the teams we faced then are now 4a. Little Elm, Lake Dallas, Royse City. We did get ALC to schedule us but I do not think they like getting beat.
What are Hutto's numbers. I think the 3a upper cutoff will be around 975 or 980 from looking at the number of 5a schools to add. Taylor will not move up.

3afan
12-29-2007, 09:19 AM

be careful what you wish for - you may get it

Panther One
12-29-2007, 01:36 PM
I doubt any top-tier 4A schools will want to play us. First of all, with all the spread offenses, they get no benefit out of playing the slot-T in non-district play. Why spend a week in a different defense against our offense when you can schedule a team that would help prepare you for your district foes? Second, it's a almost a lose-lose situation. As a top-tier 4A school, you probably shouldn't even be playing 3A schools and then should you lose, it's an even worse situation. Remember when 3A Marlin knocked off 4A powerhouse Ennis several years ago?

ILS1
12-29-2007, 01:43 PM
How about this for a district?

Liberty Hill (farthest trip Caldwell 89.3 miles)
Cameron (farthest trip LH 68 miles)
Rockdale (farthest trip LH 63.8 miles)
Giddings (farthest trip LH 83.5 miles)
Caldwell

:D :D :D

Daddy D 11
12-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
How about this for a district?

Liberty Hill (farthest trip Caldwell 89.3 miles)
Cameron (farthest trip LH 68 miles)
Rockdale (farthest trip LH 63.8 miles)
Giddings (farthest trip LH 83.5 miles)
Caldwell

:D :D :D

you might as well hand us the district champion trophy now:devil:

Centextrash
12-29-2007, 02:53 PM
I heard Hutto turned in 1150, or somewhere in that ballpark.

Centextrash
12-29-2007, 03:03 PM

Copperas Cove travels 4000-5000 people for its games....how would Panther stadium hold that many people? The Bulldog band would probably fill up the vistitor stands by themselves!:doh:

HEMOTOXIC
12-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
I doubt any top-tier 4A schools will want to play us. First of all, with all the spread offenses, they get no benefit out of playing the slot-T in non-district play. Why spend a week in a different defense against our offense when you can schedule a team that would help prepare you for your district foes? Second, it's a almost a lose-lose situation. As a top-tier 4A school, you probably shouldn't even be playing 3A schools and then should you lose, it's an even worse situation. Remember when 3A Marlin knocked off 4A powerhouse Ennis several years ago?

Pather One, you are absolutely correct. Navasota has played Brenham for over 70 years. Anyone in the area knows that Navasota vs Brenham is a huge rilvalry. Of course, we shared the same district with Brenham in the 80's and from 1992-2002 when we were 4A. Now, you have the "Mighty Cubs" from Brenham. After returning to 3a, Navasota played Brenham in the Astrodome for two seasons. The second year we played them, Brenham was ranked in state in 4A. That year, we beat them 50-23. Since that game, we have yet to play Brenham. I don't see how you play a team for over 70 years, the biggest rilvalry in the Brazos Valley, and all of a sudden not play them. I think they are more embarrased than anything.

winthebigone
12-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Pather One, you are absolutely correct. Navasota has played Brenham for over 70 years. Anyone in the area knows that Navasota vs Brenham is a huge rilvalry. Of course, we shared the same district with Brenham in the 80's and from 1992-2002 when we were 4A. Now, you have the "Mighty Cubs" from Brenham. After returning to 3a, Navasota played Brenham in the Astrodome for two seasons. The second year we played them, Brenham was ranked in state in 4A. That year, we beat them 50-23. Since that game, we have yet to play Brenham. I don't see how you play a team for over 70 years, the biggest rilvalry in the Brazos Valley, and all of a sudden not play them. I think they are more embarrased than anything.

You better be carefull what you ask for. Navasota is far from a dominant 3A team, and would likely take a spanking from the Cubs. Better work on winning a few district games before you step up to the plate with a 4A team.

NastySlot
12-31-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by winthebigone
You better be carefull what you ask for. Navasota is far from a dominant 3A team, and would likely take a spanking from the Cubs. Better work on winning a few district games before you step up to the plate with a 4A team.

as was mentioned in another post...this was big riviarly while Navasota was in 3A their first go around they played toe to toe with the Cubs........this is one that regardless of class the two teams willl battle tough....many of the players are relatives...go to church together and parents often work together...this rivalry for the players usually started in the jr. high and carried on til high school......some good battles over the years...lot of money won and loss on this game.

NastySlot
12-31-2007, 06:59 PM
I think Liberty Hill will move back into Region IV in a district with Burnet, Fredericksburg, Wimberley, and Llano. Ingram might also be thrown into that mix if they don't move down to 2A. I expect the new Boerne school to be 3A, so if Ingram does move down and the UIL is set on getting back to six team districts, that's a possibility, considering Bandera was once in our district.

Regardless of whether it's a five or six team district, it sets up to be one of the toughest in the state if in fact Burnet does move down. I'm pretty certain Fredericksburg will be dropping. Since 2002, the trio of Burnet, Wimberley, and Liberty Hill have played in five state championship games (02, 03, 05, 06, 07) and in 2004, Liberty Hill was one game away. Throw in Fredericksburg who's been a competitive 4A team and Llano whose been making decent runs in the playoffs and you get a pretty solid five teams.

Of course, if this does happen, we'll lose two of our non-district opponents in Wimberley and Burnet, so I'm pretty sure that'll leave us with one for next year; Cuero. It's going to be tough filling out our non-district slate, considering nobody wants to play us. I'd like to try to get teams like Giddings, China Spring, and Brownwood on the schedule, and maybe Rockdale if we do move out of their district. This would be a good schedule:

Rockdale
Giddings
China Spring
Cuero
Brownwood
(Another non-district if in 5-team district)
Open
Wimberley
Llano
Fredericksburg
(Possible Sixth District Opponent)
Burnet

Other Possible Opponents:
Robinson
La Vega
Ab Wylie (neurtal site)
Cameron (if they don't drop to 2A)
Caldwell

you might be right..but i really think (not worth much) LH and Burnet will be in region III....with Rockdale, Cameron, Taylor and possibly Johnston (AISD)......I see a district with Fredericksburg, Llano, Wimberley, Canyon Lake (new comal isd school), Bandera and Ingram........Boerne will have one high school for at least one year...maybe two...it will be called Sam Champion High....the old high school will be closed for remodeling and then reopen..possibly as a 3A........a friend of my in Wimberley thinks Canyon Lake and Wimberley will be in a district with Navarro, Marion, Luling and Lavernia.............who knows what will happen..........anyone have any info on what Brady turned in?

SpeedOption
12-31-2007, 07:03 PM
There is no reason for a 4A to play LH. Just another butt kicing by someone in a lower class. They have nothing to gain by playing LH. Will make it hard for LH to get games unless they travel a LOY like Wimberly did the last 2 years.

K-MAC Chuck
01-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Allow me to go out on a limb (for which I will probably be left hanging as so many times before!)

I will stick with my sources and say Liberty Hill will NOT end up in the same district as Wimberley.

((if it DOES happen, then I'm gonna be the Poster Boy for the SWAirlines commercial that says, "Wanna get away?"))

:nerd: :eek:

boudreaux
01-01-2008, 01:44 PM
A lot of that will depend on how far north region 4 is and how much is left over after the UIL fills region 1.

charlesrixey
01-01-2008, 02:40 PM

Ennis was on the way down at that point

be careful what you wish for

the reality is LH would lose by a couple of touchdowns to Copperas Cove or Lake Travis

Cove just moved down from 5A

that would be tantamount to Celina playing Highland Park

size may not matter when the ratio is 2:1 or 2.5:1, but when the ratio is 3:1 or 4:1 and the opponent is state championship caliber you're going to lose that matchup 9.5 times out of 10.

Centextrash
01-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

the reality is LH would lose by a couple of touchdowns to Copperas Cove or Lake Travis

Cove just moved down from 5A

that would be tantamount to Celina playing Highland Park

I have seen both play. If LH could handle Griffin's speed at QB, then the Panthers win by 14 THIS YEAR!! Tul-midway played cove...Cove had trouble with the slot. They are not very big, as far as 4-A's go...but the Bulldogs are extreamely fast! Now if they played at the lower levels, Cove would crush LH. The DOGS are fast!
Cove has a good group coming up as Soph coming up...so they would probably handle LH next year...
If Cove somehow stays 4-A look for them to FINALLY break through and win it the next two years. If they go 5-A (Turned in 2087) they will make the playoffs, maybe make a run, then lose.
Did I mention the Dogs are fast....I guess just not as fast as Lamar Consol.
:(

runthequarter
01-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Ennis was on the way down at that point

Thats why they dont play Marlin anymore.

charlesrixey
01-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by runthequarter
Thats why they dont play Marlin anymore.

well, marlin isn't nearly as good as they used to be, either

they were more successful in 3A than they have been in 2A

Panther One
01-01-2008, 06:29 PM
the reality is LH would lose by a couple of touchdowns to Copperas Cove or Lake Travis.
I realize comparing scores is not an exact science, but playing Burnet three weeks apart...

Lake Travis 30, Burnet 14
Liberty Hill 34, Burnet 17

The reality is that we don't know what would happen if we faced these teams because it didn't happen and probably won't happen. What you post is your opinion and not reality. Lake Travis didn't exactly have a stellar defense and how they would match up to our slot-T is anyone's guess, but I highly doubt they would have stopped us. I think there are 4A defenses that could, but Lake Travis doesn't have one of them. Had we played, maybe that would be the offensive shootout that everyone thought our game with Gilmer would be.

HEMOTOXIC
01-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by winthebigone

I never said that Navasota is a dominant 3A team. What I am saying is that Brenham is Navasota's biggest rilvary. Navasota and Brenham have played each other for over 70 years. Brenham has not been the Brenham that everyone see's today. Just look at team history's to see exactly what I am saying. Rilvaries are supposed to be played. Whether or not one team is dominant or not, it is a rilvary and when rilvaries are played, you never know what may happen. Can you imagine Bryan not playing A&M Consolidated even when A&M was in 4A? The size of the program, team rankings, records, etc... is not an issue in those types of games...Navasota should play Brenham every year just as they have for 70 years. Lets see what happends on the field.

HEMOTOXIC
01-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
as was mentioned in another post...this was big riviarly while Navasota was in 3A their first go around they played toe to toe with the Cubs........this is one that regardless of class the two teams willl battle tough....many of the players are relatives...go to church together and parents often work together...this rivalry for the players usually started in the jr. high and carried on til high school......some good battles over the years...lot of money won and loss on this game.

Thank You man! Someone understands what I am saying.

winthebigone
01-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I never said that Navasota is a dominant 3A team. What I am saying is that Brenham is Navasota's biggest rilvary. Navasota and Brenham have played each other for over 70 years. Brenham has not been the Brenham that everyone see's today. Just look at team history's to see exactly what I am saying. Rilvaries are supposed to be played. Whether or not one team is dominant or not, it is a rilvary and when rilvaries are played, you never know what may happen. Can you imagine Bryan not playing A&M Consolidated even when A&M was in 4A? The size of the program, team rankings, records, etc... is not an issue in those types of games...Navasota should play Brenham every year just as they have for 70 years. Lets see what happends on the field.

I'll agree to that logic. I still believe that Brenham would take the Rattlers to the wood shed on a consistent basis. The Rattlers are getting a lot of pub for playing three play-off games this year. The hype will carry over into next year. Fedora and the boys will have to produce wins in a year they are EXPECTED to win. We'll see.

Daddy D 11
01-02-2008, 12:55 PM
damn thread hijackers:mad: :)