PDA

View Full Version : West Oso

Bull Butter
12-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Advanced to the Semi-finals of the Calallen Christmas Classic with a 53-34 win over Carroll. Now they take on the FB Clements/Austin St. Michael's winner. At 12-4, looks like the Bears have another solid team under coach Floyd Campbell.

Beware the Howling Bear!

Adidas410s
12-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Beware the Howling Bear!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
12-28-2007, 10:24 AM
When is the Pride of Texas? I'm curious to see if another Angleton player will be able to straight jump over someone like one did last time i saw them play

Phil C
12-28-2007, 04:35 PM
BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!

AP Panther Fan
12-28-2007, 07:49 PM
AP is doing horribly....but we all have those years, I guess.:cool:

Jack_Daniels
12-28-2007, 08:03 PM
West Oso always has some great discus throwers.

jimmyceatworld
12-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Didn't West Oso get knocked out of the playoffs last year by Aransas Pass who barely had a winning record? or did I put something in my kool-aid?

AP Panther Fan
12-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
Didn't West Oso get knocked out of the playoffs last year by Aransas Pass who barely had a winning record? or did I put something in my kool-aid?

Yes, we did....but we had somewhat of a "dream team"....nobody, and I mean nobody thought we would make it to State...

Coach Hayes has a way of pulling things together, most years. We can't expect it every year though.....;)

jimmyceatworld
12-28-2007, 09:48 PM
I remember watching AP at state last year. I still can't believe every player stepped on the court in the FIRST QUARTER. That's never done at the state level, but if that's what gets you to Austin then by all means ...

AP Panther Fan
12-28-2007, 09:50 PM
I remember watching AP at state last year. I still can't believe every player stepped on the court in the FIRST QUARTER. That's never done at the state level, but if that's what gets you to Austin then by all means ...

We had no "exceptional" players....just kids that played well as a team. Coach Hayes is awesome, I am surprised we still have him.

jimmyceatworld
12-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
We had no "exceptional" players

What about that one kid? Hall I want to say, or maybe it was Hull. He looked pretty good. If I'm not mistaken doesn't he have an older brother that led the team to state a couple years ago?

AP Panther Fan
12-28-2007, 10:11 PM
What about that one kid? Hall I want to say, or maybe it was Hull. He looked pretty good. If I'm not mistaken doesn't he have an older brother that led the team to state a couple years ago?

Yes, Matt Hall had already graduated in '06 with Daniel Hayes (coaches son), his brother, Cody Hall was a year behind him and graduated last year. All three, good players.:)

jimmyceatworld
12-29-2007, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Yes, Matt Hall had already graduated in '06 with Daniel Hayes (coaches son), his brother, Cody Hall was a year behind him and graduated last year. All three, good players.:)

I wonder if Hayes was that kid who was knocking down threes from NBA range against Van :thinking: