PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jessie: I Did Not Touch The Ball

kepdawg
12-28-2007, 03:12 AM
Chris Jessie: I Did Not Touch The Ball (http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?&brand=null&videoId=3170604&n8pe6c=3)

Adidas410s
12-28-2007, 08:25 AM
liar!!! ;)

zebrablue2
12-28-2007, 09:05 AM
looks to me as it was a no touch. what the heck were the coaches doing that far on the field anyway? if the longhorn player would have picked up the ball and headed up the field, the other coach would have gotten run over, or made the tackle.

Gsquared
12-28-2007, 09:17 AM
That guy is a freakin idiot to be that far off the sideline, especially while the ball is in play, touch or no touch. If I were Mack, he would be a bleacher creature from now on. Un-called for.

Ranger Mom
12-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
That guy is a freakin idiot to be that far off the sideline, especially while the ball is in play, touch or no touch. If I were Mack, he would be a bleacher creature from now on. Un-called for.

Did I hear that clip right and that was Mack's step-son??

Gsquared
12-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Did I hear that clip right and that was Mack's step-son??
Yeah, thats what they said on the broadcast. The guy looked way to goofy to be on the sideline anyway :)

Jack_Daniels
12-28-2007, 09:43 AM

Better ask momma at home before you dish out any punishment. Did you hear his answer when Mac asked him "Did you touch it" NO, SIR

Fletch
12-28-2007, 11:29 AM
He didn't touch it, but my guess is the officials wanted to stick it to the Horns for being on the field. Replay clearly showed the ball didn't change direction.:inlove:

Old Tiger
12-28-2007, 11:50 AM
he should shoot his right big toe off! :mad: :doh:

Emerson1
12-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
looks to me as it was a no touch. what the heck were the coaches doing that far on the field anyway? if the longhorn player would have picked up the ball and headed up the field, the other coach would have gotten run over, or made the tackle.
From there angle they probably only saw what looked like intentional grounding. So they thought the play was dead. That is what he kid did, he made the intentional grounding sign then went to pick up the ball

eagles_victory
12-28-2007, 01:27 PM
People are overreacting kid made an honest mistake should he stay off the field yes but to bash him and talk about how stupid he is because of one spare of the moment mistake is ridiculous.

waterboy
12-28-2007, 02:12 PM
I couldn't tell for sure, but it did look like it grazed his thumb. In my opinion, if he did touch it, he should be a man about it and come clean. Otherwise, I would have to take his word that he didn't touch it and trust him as a man. Fortunately, it didn't change the outcome of the game, although it did change the momentum for a little while.

TexanFan4Life
12-28-2007, 02:19 PM

He wasn't the only UT staff member on the field. And he didn't touch the ball.

Emerson1
12-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
People are overreacting kid made an honest mistake should he stay off the field yes but to bash him and talk about how stupid he is because of one spare of the moment mistake is ridiculous.
It's ESPN, 8 days later they were still talking about Jessica Simpsons and seriously thought she was the reason they lost. Atleast the news stations let it go after 2 days, but it was still headline news for them

coach
12-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

i agree i felt real bad for the guy i mean right after that happened they scored and the poor guy looked like he was going to cry....he made an honest mistake leave the guy alone

3afan
12-28-2007, 02:42 PM
tough lesson to learn - glad it all turned OK

TexanFan4Life
12-28-2007, 02:45 PM
During the post game interview with ESPN, Mack Brown said it was no big deal and that he didn't touch the ball, so it was a non-issue. You know Mack is going to rip him a new one when they get back to Austin. Mack turned to Chris and asked him if he touched the ball. Chris replied, "No Sir." and Mack took off.

I think it was kind of cute how Chris called Mack 'Sir'.

zebrablue2
12-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
From there angle they probably only saw what looked like intentional grounding. So they thought the play was dead. That is what he kid did, he made the intentional grounding sign then went to pick up the ball

someone should teach him a backward pass is a live ball and never intentional grounding. goes to the team that recovers it or is spotted where it goes out of bounds.

Old Tiger
12-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life

I think it was kind of cute how Chris called Mack 'Sir'. Or just very respectful meaning he was raised well.

Emerson1
12-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
someone should teach him a backward pass is a live ball and never intentional grounding. goes to the team that recovers it or is spotted where it goes out of bounds. Being behind the play and with the game going as fast as it is, it's pretty much impossible from his angle to tell if it was backwards. It was a natural reaction, you would of gone for it to if it was rolling up your leg

zebrablue2
12-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Being behind the play and with the game going as fast as it is, it's pretty much impossible from his angle to tell if it was backwards. It was a natural reaction, you would of gone for it to if it was rolling up your leg

but I would have been 6 feet behind the out of bounds line. no way I could reach it from there. no way any of these coaches should be that far on the field. what is this kids job for the longhorns anyway?