PDA

View Full Version : Kirby Freeman

wildstangs
12-27-2007, 11:19 PM
ESPN scroll said he has requested a transfer from Miami. Wonder where he is going? Would be interesting to see him go to ACU and go up against Billy Malone.

STANG RED
12-27-2007, 11:31 PM
He had lots of big time offers coming out of high school. I'd be surprised to see him drop out of DI.

thewyliefan
12-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
He had lots of big time offers coming out of high school. I'd be surprised to see him drop out of DI.

my thoughts exactly, i would like to see him go more twords a non bcs team somewhere.

wildstangs
12-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Gotta sit out a year if he goes to another D1 school. Unless it is a D1-AA, and yes I know they dont call them that anymore but I still do.

I dont know how many more years he has left. No more than two for sure.

Adidas410s
12-27-2007, 11:36 PM
With a QB rating under 65 and only completing 31% of his passes this year...a move out of D1 looks to be in his future.

sahen
12-28-2007, 01:57 AM
he is coming to Baylor pending a waiver from the NCAA on the transfer rule...well he is enrolling at Baylor reguardless it seems, but the NCAA will have to waive the rule to allow him to play...since Miami released him from his scholarship (by Freeman's request) this will probably happen...in the past the NCAA waived athletes of the transfer rule if they were released....

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/college/2007/12/28/12282007wacbears.html

Jack_Daniels
12-28-2007, 02:12 AM
Ah La Bomar at SHSU?

kepdawg
12-28-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by sahen
he is coming to Baylor pending a waiver from the NCAA on the transfer rule...well he is enrolling at Baylor reguardless it seems, but the NCAA will have to waive the rule to allow him to play...since Miami released him from his scholarship (by Freeman's request) this will probably happen...in the past the NCAA waived athletes of the transfer rule if they were released....

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/college/2007/12/28/12282007wacbears.html

Interesting. :thinking:

sahen
12-28-2007, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Jack_Daniels
Ah La Bomar at SHSU?

ala the Pena kid from Okie State to UofH last year...however he left teh team before the year to go coach...but he did get waived the transfer rule from one D1A to another D1A by the NCAA when Okie St. allowed his release....

sahen
12-28-2007, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Interesting. :thinking:

i hope it happens, nothing is wrong w/ more competition for the QB job especially considering how bad we were at QB last year....

the Sanders kid from Marlin who had to go Juco should be coming in as well...that would be Freeman (former 4 star? not sure has starting experience), Syzmanski (starting experience), Weed (3 Star Senior Juco transfer last year w/ starting experience), Florence (3 Star Freshman), Griffin (4 star freshman), and Sanders (3 star (i think? outa highschool) Juco transfer with starting experience) competiting for the job...cant complain w/ that...there are more but i think those will be the main ones competiting for the job...

Old Tiger
12-28-2007, 05:12 AM
It's a done deal, he's out of Miami. Heard this about 5 days ago then it was officialized yesterday

BwdLion_80
12-28-2007, 09:03 AM
According to todays Brownwood paper, Kirby is heading to Baylor.

STANG RED
12-28-2007, 09:25 AM
:thinking: Hmmmm, something tells me Art Briles may have had something to do with all this.;)

Jack_Daniels
12-28-2007, 09:44 AM
:thinking: Hmmmm, something tells me Art Briles may have had something to do with all this.;)

You think?

Adidas410s
12-28-2007, 10:07 AM
a kid from the Wood playing for a coach from the Ville??? Does he not remember the tough losses his dad's teams suffered at the hands of Briles??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

nobogey72
12-28-2007, 10:08 AM

With the Stephenville/Brownwood rivalry what it was and still is, the Briles and the Freemans know each other very well. I wouldn't say they are big buddies, but they are very well acquainted. I'm still waiting for G$$ to chime in and clear the whole matter up for us. He is probably still scratching his head over the fact that Steve Spurrier isn't the new HC at A&M. Danged ol' reliable sources.:D

SWMustang
12-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Briles and Freeman both coached at sweetwater in the early 80's.

STANG RED
12-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
a kid from the Wood playing for a coach from the Ville??? Does he not remember the tough losses his dad's teams suffered at the hands of Briles??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

The best I can remember, they were pretty good buds when they were both at Swater in the 80s. I bet they still are.

g$$
12-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by sahen
ala the Pena kid from Okie State to UofH last year...however he left teh team before the year to go coach...but he did get waived the transfer rule from one D1A to another D1A by the NCAA when Okie St. allowed his release....

That rule has been changed I believe, plus Pena had graduated already from OK State. That was a special case.

Bomar to SHSU was dropping down from D1-A to D1-AA (I still use that terminology). He had to sit out b/c he violated NCAA rules. Otherwise he would have been eligible immediately.

Daddy D 11
12-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Bomar is such an honorable and genuine guy:rolleyes:

haha

g$$
12-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
With the Stephenville/Brownwood rivalry what it was and still is, the Briles and the Freemans know each other very well. I wouldn't say they are big buddies, but they are very well acquainted. I'm still waiting for G$$ to chime in and clear the whole matter up for us. He is probably still scratching his head over the fact that Steve Spurrier isn't the new HC at A&M. Danged ol' reliable sources.:D

I never said Spurrier would be A&M's next HC bogey - I did say his reps spoke to A&M's reps (& they did no matter what you read). For the record, I wanted Mike Sherman all along & said so on here & other places. Check anything I posted. Very happy with Sherman as new HC & think he will prove to be a great hire in time.

And how that relates to Brownwood & S'ville is beyond me.

nobogey72
12-28-2007, 11:35 AM
I just talked to Kirby's uncle and all he would say is that Kirby definitely is not going back to Miami. There has been some communication with Baylor, but a lot of things have to fall in place for that to happen. Everything about WHERE he ends up is pure D specualation right now.

sahen
12-28-2007, 12:11 PM
The best I can remember, they were pretty good buds when they were both at Swater in the 80s. I bet they still are.

I would think so. Steve Freeman, Kirby Freeman's dad was the Defensive Coordinator under Briles for 2 years at Stephenville as well.

g$$
01-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I never said Spurrier would be A&M's next HC bogey - I did say his reps spoke to A&M's reps (& they did no matter what you read). For the record, I wanted Mike Sherman all along & said so on here & other places. Check anything I posted. Very happy with Sherman as new HC & think he will prove to be a great hire in time.

And how that relates to Brownwood & S'ville is beyond me.

?? no response NoBogey - funny you had all the answers above...

Don't speak for me fella, OK? And your facts are way off, I never said Spurrier would be the next HC, so try again. Read anything I have ever posted. Weak Abilene.

injuredinmelee
01-01-2008, 04:33 PM
ACU is my bet.

sahen
01-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
ACU is my bet.

seriously people...he is going to baylor the kid and teh baylor coaching staff have announced it....its just a matter of getting the waiver from the NCAA and since he has already graduated it shouldnt be too big of a prob....basically all he has to do is show that baylor has a graduate program that miami doesnt have and enroll in it, and there is apparantly 16 ones at baylor that miami doesnt offer....

BwdLion_80
01-01-2008, 05:13 PM
According to todays Brownwood paper, to get the waiver from the NCAA, Kirby has to enroll in a masters degree program at Baylor that is not offered at miami. There is 16 of those at Baylor. Kirby has narrowed it down to 6 and he will decide from those. After reading the article, it appears that Kirby had all this very well thought out, more than likely with the help of his dad, before he asked for his release from miami.

Now, I don't know if all of this is actually true, but this is what is stated by Kirby in the paper.

nobogey72
01-02-2008, 09:43 AM
It doesn't require any release from Miami, due to the fact that Kirby GRADUATED. Miami has no NCAA ties to Kirby now. He can enroll in grad school anywhere he chooses (D1,2,) and finish his one year of elegibility he has left. The key is that he graduated and still has a year of elegibility left. That doesn't happen very often.

BwdLion_80
01-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Miami had to release him from his scholarship, which they have already done.