PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Death

Txbroadcaster
12-27-2007, 05:57 PM
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=48514334&blogID=341814015

Aesculus gilmus
12-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Death is harder on the living than it is on the person dying.

I know because I had a Near Death Experience about four years ago. I was walking along the side of the road and got run over by an out-of-control Chevrolet Suburban going about 40 mph.

All that survives beyond this life is just sort of a pulsating energy composed of pure love. I can't describe it at all. It is beyond words. I just know that I no longer fear death at all and, in fact, look forward to it. I wish everyone could know what I do. Only love survives. That's the simplest way to describe what I learned.

I don't think those of us who love someone can ever totally leave behind those loved ones who die. My grandfather died in 1975 and I still miss him to this day.

None of us is ever really ready to die, I don't think. I sure wasn't that day. Our instincts are to survive physically, by any means necessary. But I also had a hard time dealing with the fact that I had survived, because I had come to know that "the other side" was indescribably better. You might even call it "Paradise." :D

Who-dun-it!!?
12-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

I know because I had a Near Death Experience about four years ago. I was walking along the side of the road and got run over by an out-of-control Chevrolet Suburban going about 40 mph.

All that survives beyond this life is just sort of a pulsating energy composed of pure love. I can't describe it at all. It is beyond words. I just know that I no longer fear death at all and, in fact, look forward to it. I wish everyone could know what I do. Only love survives. That's the simplest way to describe what I learned.

I don't think those of us who love someone can ever totally leave behind those loved ones who die. My grandfather died in 1975 and I still miss him to this day.

None of us is ever really ready to die, I don't think. I sure wasn't that day. Our instincts are to survive physically, by any means necessary. But I also had a hard time dealing with the fact that I had survived, because I had come to know that "the other side" was indescribably better. You might even call it "Paradise." :D

WoW!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
12-27-2007, 07:21 PM

I disagree with that. Have you ever seen the last months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds of someone dying? If so, you would know that it is harder on them.

Aesculus gilmus
12-27-2007, 07:57 PM
I won't disagree with that at all. In fact, one of the thoughts I had when I saw the Suburban heading toward me was that I hoped I would die instantly. I didn't want to end up like Christopher Reeve. I didn't know whether I could have adjusted to being paralyzed.

But, as it turned out, by an absolute miracle of God, even though I had quite a few broken bones and nearly died, I fully recovered within only a couple of months.

The experience made me less judgmental about people. I used to be a dogmatic Southern Baptist churchy type. While nothing that occurred to me made me doubt that God is real, it also left me feeling that these politically-active, dogmatic fundamentalist church denominations don't understand sometimes what life is all about. It's not about judging others. It's all about love.

If we had total knowledge (IOW, if we were godlike) of what another person is going through and has gone through in his or her life, we would be much less likely to judge him or her.

DeeStroyer71
12-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Death, no matter how welcomed or expected, is hard for the family and friends of the departed.

People will try to tell you that you'll "get over" it. You don't. It just becomes easier to live with over the years.

Just when you think you have your feelings all in check, a song, another person, or maybe even something on TV will trigger a memory of the person you loved so much, and bring all those feelings right back up to the surface.

If you're like most people you will ask yourself many times over, "why them, why now". There is no answer for that question.

The only advice I can give you is to be close with your family and talk as much as you can about your loved one. Remember all the good times, and even the bad ones. It helps to laugh. May God bless you.

waterboy
12-28-2007, 03:29 PM

The experience made me less judgmental about people. I used to be a dogmatic Southern Baptist churchy type. While nothing that occurred to me made me doubt that God is real, it also left me feeling that these politically-active, dogmatic fundamentalist church denominations don't understand sometimes what life is all about. It's not about judging others. It's all about love.

If we had total knowledge (IOW, if we were godlike) of what another person is going through and has gone through in his or her life, we would be much less likely to judge him or her.
Yeah. I remember when that happened to you. We prayed for you to recover fully. It's amazing what prayer can do. I, for one, have NO doubt that prayer works. It's not always in the way, or the time frame you want, but if it God's will, your prayer WILL be answered. As far as, seemingly, dogmatic fundamentalist church denominations being politically-active, I think that is a good thing. Where would this country be without these politically-active people getting involved? There's already too many people who have lost their grip on what is acceptable behavior and what should not be (not being judgemental, just going by what is the moral standard set by God in the Bible). Personally, I don't care what other people do with their lives because they (as well as I) are the ones who will have to pay according to their works. I think it's necessary to at least try and keep some semblance of morality in our society, or else our country will go downhill even faster than it already is. After all, you DO remember what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah (sp.), don't you? That's the same fate this country will have if it continues to decline morally..........and that ain't just hearsay.........it's a fact.

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yeah. I remember when that happened to you. We prayed for you to recover fully. It's amazing what prayer can do. I, for one, have NO doubt that prayer works. It's not always in the way, or the time frame you want, but if it God's will, your prayer WILL be answered. As far as, seemingly, dogmatic fundamentalist church denominations being politically-active, I think that is a good thing. Where would this country be without these politically-active people getting involved? There's already too many people who have lost their grip on what is acceptable behavior and what should not be (not being judgemental, just going by what is the moral standard set by God in the Bible). Personally, I don't care what other people do with their lives because they (as well as I) are the ones who will have to pay according to their works. I think it's necessary to at least try and keep some semblance of morality in our society, or else our country will go downhill even faster than it already is. After all, you DO remember what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah (sp.), don't you? That's the same fate this country will have if it continues to decline morally..........and that ain't just hearsay.........it's a fact.

If as you say it is God's Will..Then prayer will have no part, because if it is already his will, it will happen no matter if you pray or not

eagles_victory
12-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If as you say it is God's Will..Then prayer will have no part, because if it is already his will, it will happen no matter if you pray or not every prayer is answered in its own way. It is not always the way you want it to be answered. Of course we want to keep our loved ones for selfish reasons but God has his own plans and uses people for his own purposes.

Sweetwater Red
12-28-2007, 04:10 PM
If you worried about dying, you ain't living. :thinking:

Old Tiger
12-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If you worried about dying, you ain't living. :thinking: True, you only die once!

waterboy
12-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If as you say it is God's Will..Then prayer will have no part, because if it is already his will, it will happen no matter if you pray or not
I see your point, but my belief is that God is also compassionate and listens to prayer. Who's to say what his will is already and that he won't make changes. I don't know what His will is, but it is comforting to me to know he does answer prayers. I KNOW he does because he has answered most of mine. While I don't agree with the agnostic point of view, I do respect it. It's just beyond me how anyone can think that we just appeared here on earth without purpose. There's just no way to explain that theory to make me understand it. We HAD to be created by some higher power. There is no way humans evolved from amoeba! Even if we had, how do explain the spiritual side of humans (the built-in conscious awareness of ourselves and what is right and what is wrong)? Science can't explain it and will never be able to. We are only here on this earth for a little while. The body dies but the spirit lives on. Deny it or not, it's the truth.

Ranger Mom
12-28-2007, 04:33 PM
As much as I am loving reading this....remember the rule about "religious topics", they seem to get out of hand really easily!!

I want to apologize to my own mother, as I was taught to witness at whatever platform I could, and by "downlow law" I really can't do it here, not on the public forum anyway!!:)

crzyjournalist03
12-28-2007, 05:39 PM
I've seen God a couple of times...he looks a lot like Morgan Freeman :D

zebrablue2
12-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by DeeStroyer71
Death, no matter how welcomed or expected, is hard for the family and friends of the departed.

People will try to tell you that you'll "get over" it. You don't. It just becomes easier to live with over the years.

Just when you think you have your feelings all in check, a song, another person, or maybe even something on TV will trigger a memory of the person you loved so much, and bring all those feelings right back up to the surface.

If you're like most people you will ask yourself many times over, "why them, why now". There is no answer for that question.

The only advice I can give you is to be close with your family and talk as much as you can about your loved one. Remember all the good times, and even the bad ones. It helps to laugh. May God bless you.

well put..