View Full Version : Ryan Mallett

kepdawg
12-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Where will he go if he leaves Michigan?

nobogey72
12-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Where will he go if he leaves Michigan?

If it is up to Go Blue, Mallet should go to Appalachian State with Will Clay. :D :D

Old Tiger
12-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
If it is up to Go Blue, Mallet should go to Appalachian State with Will Clay. :D :D That statement is stupid. He is leaving Michigan because of a spread type offense with zone reads.

Adidas410s
12-27-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm reading that his meeting with RR went well and he might stay after all. The Michigan faithful are pointing to Cent Mich's offense last night and that their QB wasn't running around all over the place like Pat White. Remember that Butch Jones (HC @ Cent Mich) is a WVU guy that just left for CM last year so the offenses aren't that far apart.

Macarthur
12-27-2007, 04:15 PM
I will be very surprised if he stays. RR's offense just does not fit Mallett's skill set. Sure RR could modify it, but it's just not a good fit. I wouldn't be surprised if Mallett ends up at UT or A&M. UT will run a balanced offense and Sherman will bring a pro-style offense to A&M. I've also heard some people say he could end up at Ark.

Txbroadcaster
12-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I will be very surprised if he stays. RR's offense just does not fit Mallett's skill set. Sure RR could modify it, but it's just not a good fit. I wouldn't be surprised if Mallett ends up at UT or A&M. UT will run a balanced offense and Sherman will bring a pro-style offense to A&M. I've also heard some people say he could end up at Ark.

Depends on if RR stays with the option style spread..When he was an OC he ran more of a Run N Shoot style offense that was more about throwing the ball all over the place

DDBooger
12-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I'm reading that his meeting with RR went well and he might stay after all. The Michigan faithful are pointing to Cent Mich's offense last night and that their QB wasn't running around all over the place like Pat White. Remember that Butch Jones (HC @ Cent Mich) is a WVU guy that just left for CM last year so the offenses aren't that far apart. CM Lafavere(sp) qb ran for over a 1000 yards this season. boy had some moves for a big man.

Macarthur
12-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Txbroadcaster

Depends on if RR stays with the option style spread..When he was an OC he ran more of a Run N Shoot style offense that was more about throwing the ball all over the place

Maybe, but if you look at his total history, especially when he's been in charge of recruiting the QBs, his offense is the spread option. The problem is that either Mallett or RR would have to adjust; neither one would be in their comfort zone 100%.

I'm sure he's telling Mallett everything he wants to hear. however, there's a VY type QB up in Penn. that is looking at Mich. If RR lands him, what are the odds Mallett starts his whole time there? This kid in Penn. is a RR prototype.

Jack_Daniels
12-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Mallett mulling Michigan transfer

From Detroit Free Press

Freshman quarterback Ryan Mallett's decision to stay or transfer has drawn the most attention since Rich Rodriguez was hired as Carr's replacement. Rodriguez will bring a spread offense with him.

While elements of the spread are comfortable for Mallett -- he was primarily a shotgun quarterback in high school -- he said Wednesday that he planned to make a decision after the Capital One Bowl, but already had spoken with Rodriguez.

"It gets old when people keep asking me about it; we're trying to beat Florida," said Mallett, who likely would have to play next year without his quarterback coach, Scot Loeffler, who recruited Mallett and was fired by Rodriguez last week.

Carr has had multiple discussions with Mallett and his family.

"It's a career decision for him," Carr said. "I will support whatever he does.

Maroon87
12-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I've also heard some people say he could end up at Ark.

That might be nice fit for him, if Petrino's development of Brian Brohm @ Louisville is any indication. He struggled a bit after Petrino left for the NFL but he was a Heisman candidate under his Petrino's tutelage.

Of course, Petrino could be gone before he gets there.:p

big daddy russ
12-28-2007, 12:34 PM
It was reported a while back that he was upset he never went to Fayetteville. Arkie was his favorite school growing up, but he didn't go after Mitch Mustain signed with them. Apparently, he's regretted that decision ever since.

eagles_victory
12-28-2007, 01:02 PM
If Michigan lands that 6-6 running QB who is the number 1 recruit in the country like rumor is that they might. I dont expect to see Mallet staying in Michigan. Arkansas would probably be the best fit for him. You also have to consider with a new coaching staff their are times when they want to have "their guy" running the show