PDA

View Full Version : how do you think burnet will really do this year

Platinum_Balla
07-23-2002, 11:00 AM
they should be pretty good with Mcgee and Shipley. You can forget about the running back either in Patrick miller!! they have many other good recievers in Warner and love

toby070
07-23-2002, 01:52 PM
Whoever wins between Burnet and Sinton will be the D2 Region 4 champ, IMO. I haven't seen Sinton in person, but have watched Burnet v Wimberley for the past two years, and was very impressed especially last year.

toby070
07-23-2002, 01:53 PM
oops, make that D1 region 4 champ....sorry

Platinum_Balla
07-23-2002, 02:46 PM
i meant you can't forget the running back patrick miller burnet has some really good athletes and should have a strong team to make a long run in the playoffs. This could be the year for the bulldogs.

toby070
07-23-2002, 04:46 PM
I've seen Miller play, trust me, I knew exactly what you meant :-)

sinton66
07-23-2002, 07:29 PM
To tell you the truth, I think that IF Burnet gets past Sinton(and that could be a BIG if), they could take Jasper. I believe they are overated. EVERMAN on the other hand is a whole 'nother story. To beat Everman according to my math, Burnet would have to get almost twice as good as they were last year or Everman would have to be almost half as good. Pf/pa ratio of 5.2 to 1 should beat a 3.13 to 1 almost every time.

Shotgun73
07-23-2002, 09:32 PM
Sinton 66,
You can take your ratio and throw it out the window. This is a new year and Burnet may be twice as good as they were last year. Reguardless of that fact, Sinton and Everman are proven powers over the last few years. Maybe within the next few years people will put Burnet in that catagory, but "In order to be the man you have got to beat the man". That can be a tall order. Tradition is hard to establish and it is hard to beat once it is established. If Burnet is good enough or lucky enough to face Sinton or Everman, I think that you can probably count on a very good ball game.

sinton66
07-23-2002, 09:42 PM
Shotgun73,
I firmly believe anything can happen in H.S. football. I didn't mean to sound like it was impossible, just unlikely. Everman and Sinton both return a bunch of all-staters that will be seasoned seniors this year. I, like you, hope we both do well enough to meet up, I'm sure it'll be a great game. Best of luck to you.

Chris Hart
07-23-2002, 09:56 PM
First of all it is nice to get some more posters from Burnet on here.Other than that, Burnet is going to rock this year.Last year was a year of tough breaks for the Bulldogs,I attended every game and the 3 they lost,they should have won all 3.Maybe what I am trying to say is I think they were a better team than all 3 they lost against.On the other hand, the way all those games played out,in my opinion might have been a blessing in disguise for this year's team.I think them 3 games offered the best experience to a young team, and I definitely think it will factor in bigtime to their BIG games this year.That coupled with the extra tough non-district schedule, this should in fact be the year for the Bulldogs.If the team stays healthy,I think they can and will beat Sinton,Jasper and yes even that pf/pa juggernaut Everman.I just can't hardly wait.Are you ready for some football?

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Matthew328
07-23-2002, 10:26 PM
I think Burnet has a shot to make a lot of noise...a ton of quality players back...lets not get ahead of ourselves saying they'd have to beat Sinton, Jasper and Everman..who knows one of those teams or heck even all 3 could get beat come playoff time..ya never know..that being said if Burnet would play all 3 in a row and win it would be monumental feat and that is no exagerration..

Shotgun73
07-23-2002, 10:41 PM
Matthew 328,
I can not argue with that. I think that anytime you put yourself up against that type of competition, you have got to be pretty happy if you win. In order to win in the play-offs, you have got to be good and a little luck never hurts. We look forward to a great year and I am ready for it to get started! If we can get by our non-district without much damage, it could be very exciting.

Platinum_Balla
07-24-2002, 01:00 AM
i think burnet has got what it takes but the pre-district games well make or break them. If Burnet come out without a lossing a game they will be the team to beat. On the other hand it Burnet doesnt do well this could cause the team to fall apart or lose confidence in their abilty to play well. i think they have one if not the hardest pre-district games in reg. 4. Austin Reagan is ranked 4 in the state in 4a

toby070
07-24-2002, 08:07 AM
Chris Hart,
I've been here battling with you for Burnet's respect this year, but I'd have to take issue on Burnet being better than Wimberley last year. That was a game that could have gone either way, I'll give you that, but Wimberley was loaded with experienced, talented seniors, and I really think they were the better team last year.

In last year's game, Wimberley jumped out early, and really went into a conservative mode to protect the lead. It worked (barely) so no criticism here, but I think Wimberely could have put a lot more points on the board if they stuck with their normal game plan.

Now this year is going to be a differnet story. I was hoping we'd be playing you there, so I'd have an excuse to not go http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

Old Cardinal
07-24-2002, 09:26 AM
This continuing bombardment about Burnet and about beating Sinton, Jasper, and Everman, may be just a pipe-dream. An 8-3 team last year just might hope to beat Bandera. I would think that even if you now have a good team, the tradition and program of Sinton will quickly dash any hope of meeting and beating Jasper or Everman.

Platinum_Balla
07-24-2002, 11:23 AM
old cardinal yeah well i dont know what your talkin about i think Burnet can take those teams. And after they come out undefeated in pre-district then we'll talk about who that can and cant beat alright.

sinton66
07-24-2002, 12:51 PM
Obviously, like Matthew was saying, we all have a very long row to hoe before we start worrying about the playoffs. Might be some/none of us get there. Old Cardinal, Sinton fans deeply appreciate your faith in us, my gut and my ranking system says you will be proven right. But, Burnet fans, we all need to remember the saying: "Remember to keep your words soft and sweet, because you never know from day to day which ones you might have to eat".

toby070
07-24-2002, 01:26 PM
Old Cardinal, at least two of those three losses came to very good teams. I know where you're coming from, but we'll see...Again, I'm a Wimberley fan, not a Burnet fan, but you don't have to go back real far to see that Burnet has some tradition themselves.

Platinum Balla, I'm a believer in Burnet's strength already, but they may start the season with a loss. I think they can beat Reagan if they play a perfect game, but I wouldn't bet money on it, that's for sure. A close loss to Reagan and the rest of predistrict undefeated would earn you some respect.

SintonFan
07-24-2002, 02:35 PM
I can't wait for the Cowboys to get here in SA. Two more days. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by SintonFan (edited July 24, 2002).]

sinton66
07-24-2002, 06:07 PM
Trying to change the subject SintonFan? Email me and tell me how you get those characters in the message.(please).

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited July 24, 2002).]

toby070
07-24-2002, 06:35 PM
Way to go Sinton fan, this was a thread about GOOD teams until you brought up the Cowboys http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Chris Hart
07-24-2002, 09:45 PM
Come on now Toby, we may not all agree on high school football,but we are all from Texas so we should all love the cowboys.lol

SintonFan
07-24-2002, 10:51 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif Can I PM ya at the pig? This way I don't have to go to yahoo. I'm really starting to hate going there with all the spam. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/frown.gif

SintonFan
07-24-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by toby070:
Way to go Sinton fan, this was a thread about GOOD teams until you brought up the Cowboys http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Hey, the Cowboys should be better this year! On a similiar note, they might have a chance against Burnet. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/redface.gif

Chris Hart
07-24-2002, 11:19 PM
Sintonfan, Just read my posts, nobody can play with Burnet(lol).

SintonFan
07-24-2002, 11:28 PM
hehe, jus havin some fun... lol

toby070
07-25-2002, 07:54 AM
Hey guys, I didn't say I didn't love the Cowboys, just that they stink. I'd love them more if Jones sold them though...

sinton66
07-25-2002, 08:13 AM
Yea, SintonFan, that'll work. And Toby, I agree, I think Jones is a stinkmeister. Proved he was an idiot when he ran off Jimmy Johnson, and I'll NEVER forgive him for what he did to Landry. Remember the "Cosby Kids"?
Jones is definitely "NC".

SintonFan_inAustin
08-04-2002, 01:24 PM
austin reagan is going to bring u back to earth after they smash u with a 40 plus point win. then u going to just think about taking it a game at a time. Bandara is also going to beat ya'll but not as bad. Beat Sinton i dont think so gl and hf during the season

Chris Hart
08-04-2002, 08:36 PM
SintonfaninAustin,
I don't know what kind of medication you are on to think Austin Reagan will beat Burnet by more than 40 points.For one, there ain't anybody gonna put a 40 point whippin on Burnet,anybody.The Dawgs are going to Austin Reagan for one reason and one reason only, and that is to win.On the other hand win or lose it will be a close game.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

[This message has been edited by Chris Hart (edited August 04, 2002).]

therealbulldogs
08-04-2002, 10:21 PM
I'm from Bandera and a lifetime Bandera fan but Bandera will not beat Burnet.

bulldogs05
08-05-2002, 10:33 PM
ya u dumb idiot sinton SUcks and so do you so you need 2 just keep ur mouth shut cause u dont know what u r talking about and bandera is not gonna beat burnet

sinton66
08-05-2002, 10:36 PM
Sic 'em SintonFanin Austin!

Platinum_Balla
08-10-2002, 03:10 PM
dude how can you think any team can beat burnet by 40 that is the funniest thing ive ever heard. Man if you think bandera can beat the real bulldogs then you need to start takin medication cause you are pretty weird dude thats all i got to say about that untill aug. 30 house park why dont you come and watch that 40 point upset and watch the bulldogs come out with a win if you need a ticket then tell me cause i want you to be there when you say burnet will lose by 40 hahaha!