PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought from gametapes.com?

navscanmaster
12-27-2007, 12:24 AM
If so, what were the quality and location of the camera(s)?

I am looking to pick up some championship game tapes from this year, and all they say on the website is "shot from sideline." My questions are:

1. Is there any sound (band, fans, etc...)
2. Is it sideline filmed, pressbox filmed? As in, can you actually see the plays on the field, or just guys at eye level running by?
3. If these guys suck, where do the rest of you order your HS game tapes from (not counting those shot by managers/coaches.)

And to anybody that was at the Gilmer/LH game, what was the name of the tune Gilmer's band was playing during the opening kickoff TD return? (I am assuming some Gilmer posters may know this.)

Aesculus gilmus
12-27-2007, 08:24 AM
I wasn't there, but I'll hazard a guess that it was our fight song (although they would have played it AFTER the kickoff return, since it was a TD).

'On, Wisconsin' is the name of the original composition.

We have changed it to "On, You Buckeyes."

Anyone who was there can correct me if they were NOT playing the fight song.

Old Tiger
12-27-2007, 12:00 PM
it was a song when they were lined up to kick it off. I can't remember exactly.

JT44
12-27-2007, 02:42 PM
It's listed as Gilmer vs Liberty HALL

navscanmaster
12-28-2007, 08:45 AM
The song was not "On Wisconsin." It was something a little more sinister, kind of like a cross between Star Wars and Nightmare on Elm Street. You kind of got an "the evil empire strikes first" feel with the kickoff return. Not that Gilmer is the evil empire or anything.

Also, ttt for the gametapes.com question.......

lhpantherdad
12-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Gilmer state game - DVD's include official coach's camera as well as sideline camera angles. Cover includes pre-game, game and post-game footage. My-T-Fine Video (http://www.mytfinevideo.com)

navscanmaster
12-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks lhpantherdad, I will place my order on the first! Exactly what I was looking for. Do the tapes include sound and capture every play?

lhpantherdad
12-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Thanks lhpantherdad, I will place my order on the first! Exactly what I was looking for. Do the tapes include sound and capture every play?

Yes sir! Every play. Sideline shots are used only when a good play is coming my way or when the pressbox camera does not have a good angle. Sometimes the sideline footage is used for an instant replay of a good play. Also, the DVD has the score and quarter shown on the screen. DVD menu is broken up into pre-game, quarters and post-game. Sound included...no additional charge! ;)

navscanmaster
12-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by lhpantherdad
Yes sir! Every play. Sideline shots are used only when a good play is coming my way or when the pressbox camera does not have a good angle. Sometimes the sideline footage is used for an instant replay of a good play. Also, the DVD has the score and quarter shown on the screen. DVD menu is broken up into pre-game, quarters and post-game. Sound included...no additional charge! ;)

Thanks. I hope this thread generates a few more buys for you.

Phil C
01-01-2008, 10:44 AM
I never brought from them but I did bit for a chess book on ebay and got the bid and sent the money order to the seller and he sent me the book. A good experience indeed. Plus I was the only one that bid on the book!

Emerson1
01-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I never brought from them but I did bit for a chess book on ebay and got the bid and sent the money order to the seller and he sent me the book. A good experience indeed. Plus I was the only one that bid on the book!
You actually know how to use ebay?

Phil C
01-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You actually know how to use ebay?

It took many many years to finally catch on. :)

Phil C
01-01-2008, 11:32 AM
And I still haven't figured out that pen pal thing. But fortunately this bidder was willing to take money orders and I sent him one right after I won the bid.