PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger 17, Clyde 14 nm

vet93
10-18-2002, 10:39 PM

CentralTxFan
10-19-2002, 12:03 AM
Congrats Ballinger. Does anyone know the Brady/Comanche score?

ClydeFan
10-19-2002, 12:35 AM
Comanche won 36-6. Go to http://www.gofridaynight.com to see the scores and game summaries for this area.

The Clyde-Ballinger game was a close and very hard-fought one. Congrats on the win, Vet93. The stadium lights went out for about 15 minutes at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, and the fog was pretty thick at times - kind of a strange night. The difference in the final score turned out to be a blocked field goal attempt just before halftime. Both teams had 13 first downs, and Ballinger had 266 yards compared to 260 for Clyde. (If the stats on the website are correct). Both teams had problems with turnovers. I know the Clyde kids must be very disappointed with the loss, but I'm still proud of the improvement they've shown this year and believe they will make the playoffs.

vet93
10-19-2002, 09:31 AM
It was a close hard fought game. I knew that it was going to be super tough to beat the Bulldogs. You guys have made huge strides in a year and it looks like you will continue to improve. I really believe that ya'll are going to make the playoffs if you can play with the intensity that you played with these past two games. From the looks of the Brady score...we both need to watch out for the Comanche indians. I kind of wrote them off this year because they weren't playing well early but they have really gotten things going. We play Early next week, then travel to Comanche and end with Wylie. I hope that we can continue to improve and actually give Wylie a decent game this year. Good luck next week...remember your record does not indicate the quality of your team and what they have accomplished. Clyde has alot to be pround of.

ClydeFan:
Comanche won 36-6. Go to http://www.gofridaynight.com to see the scores and game summaries for this area.

The Clyde-Ballinger game was a close and very hard-fought one. Congrats on the win, Vet93. The stadium lights went out for about 15 minutes at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, and the fog was pretty thick at times - kind of a strange night. The difference in the final score turned out to be a blocked field goal attempt just before halftime. Both teams had 13 first downs, and Ballinger had 266 yards compared to 260 for Clyde. (If the stats on the website are correct). Both teams had problems with turnovers. I know the Clyde kids must be very disappointed with the loss, but I'm still proud of the improvement they've shown this year and believe they will make the playoffs.

ClydeFan
10-19-2002, 12:05 PM
You are right as the teams are going to have to watch out for Comanche - looks like they are a force to be reckoned with. I think your game with Wylie will be a close one and may go to the team that makes the least mistakes. I bet it will be a great game to watch. Good luck against Early next week. Clyde will be making the trip to Brady next week and unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to go. After that we'll make the trip to Early, and finish up with Comanche here.

I'm especially proud of the way Clyde's defense has played the last two games. I lean towards defense anyway, so that suits me just fine.