PDA

View Full Version : Patriots/Giants to be simulcast on CBS/NBC

kepdawg
12-26-2007, 04:41 PM
ESPN says the NFL Network will simulcast the Patriots/Giants game on CBS and NBC.

crzyjournalist03
12-26-2007, 04:45 PM
nationally or just in local markets for the teams?

kepdawg
12-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
nationally or just in local markets for the teams?

I was lead to believe it will be nationally.

I would assume that other markets already offer local broadcast when their teams are on the NFL Network just as a local broadcast has been available for all Cowboys games on the NFL Network.

crzyjournalist03
12-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

I would assume that other markets already offer local broadcast when their teams are on the NFL Network just as a local broadcast has been available for all Cowboys games on the NFL Network.

I just read it on the DMN Cowboys blog, and you're exactly right...that's going to be weird having the same game with the same commentators on three separate channels at the same time though...especially on two of the major networks!

Now if only the NFL would allow the NBC or CBS crews to do their own commentating...

TexasHSFootball
12-26-2007, 04:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3169075

Emerson1
12-26-2007, 05:39 PM
I just read it on the DMN Cowboys blog, and you're exactly right...that's going to be weird having the same game with the same commentators on three separate channels at the same time though...especially on two of the major networks!

Now if only the NFL would allow the NBC or CBS crews to do their own commentating...
That would mean having 3 entirely separate productions of the game going on. Each station would have to have it's own cameras and all that stuff

sinfan75
12-26-2007, 06:38 PM
i guess you can thank the cable companies for this. they won't carry the nfl network on their basic packages. cable companies are stupid.

STANG RED
12-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

I dont know about everywhere else, but I'm pretty sure you had to have nfl network to watch Dallas/Greenbay in Sweetwater. I went to a buddies house that had dish to watch it.

kepdawg
12-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I dont know about everywhere else, but I'm pretty sure you had to have nfl network to watch Dallas/Greenbay in Sweetwater. I went to a buddies house that had dish to watch it.

While Sweetwater may be a part of Cowboys country it is not part of the local market.

Emerson1
12-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Sweetwater isn't the local market. They are gonna get Abilene channels. It was on KDFI 27 out of Dallas

zebrablue2
12-26-2007, 07:01 PM
rack up one for the fans. they spoke, and the NFL listened. this will not do much good for the ratings for the a&m- penn st. game. both games start at 7pm. ags on espn, and the pats on 4 stations.

Emerson1
12-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
rack up one for the fans. they spoke, and the NFL listened. this will not do much good for the ratings for the a&m- penn st. game. both games start at 7pm. ags on espn, and the pats on 4 stations.
zZzZzZzZzZzZ

mchavez
12-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Too bad i'm going to be watching the UFC PPV fight! I'd rather pay $40 to watch that than to watch NE make history for free

Emerson1
12-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Yay! $40 for 3 punches then a grapple hump fest on the ground

rockdale80
12-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Yay! $40 for 3 punches then a grapple hump fest on the ground

You try it. More skill to it than you think.

Emerson1
12-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
You try it. More skill to it than you think.
I never said it didn't take skill. But it's still 95% grappling on the ground. boring

Rabbit'93
12-26-2007, 09:32 PM
I never said it didn't take skill. But it's still 95% grappling on the ground. boring just like golf is boring, or nascar, or ice skating, or gaming, or message boards, to each his own. It's still better than boxing.

rockdale80
12-26-2007, 09:35 PM
I never said it didn't take skill. But it's still 95% grappling on the ground. boring

boring if you dont understand it.

Emerson1
12-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
just like golf is boring, or nascar, or ice skating, or gaming, or message boards, to each his own. It's still better than boxing.
I just think it's funny that the same people who were calling wrestling gay because it's a bunch of sweaty men grabbing each other in tights, are now watching UCF.

Rabbit'93
12-26-2007, 11:06 PM
I don;t like wwe because it's a soap opera for men/boys. yes there's some skill just not as much when you know the outcome and that the guy isn't really trying to knock you out.

SpeedOption
12-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Im glad the NFL decided everyone should have access to history. But Im sure someone got money to the NFL. Big money. Aint like the NFL is gonna show it out of the goodness of their heart. Think about it. 2 other networks will pay to have it on theirs. Yeah the NFL is gonna make a pretty penny on this one. And

"But lawmakers have pressured the NFL to ensure more viewers could see the game. Last week, two prominent members of the Senate Judiciary Committee sent a letter to Goodell threatening to reconsider the league's antitrust exemption."

Its still about money lol

westcoast54
12-27-2007, 12:12 AM
It's not the NFL's fault that more people can't see their games on their network. Need to talk to some of the cable companies. The NFL wants their network included in a Basic Package. Some cable companies want it in their premium packages only.

SpeedOption
12-27-2007, 12:30 AM
They both want more money.

catgut
12-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Personally, I don't think this has as much to do with whether they really care if the people get to see the game as much as it does that the networks are hurting for anything to show with the writers strike still ongoing.
The owners and cable companies are both too greedy. I wouldn't pay for the NFL network regardless because of the poor quality of broadcast, announcers, and just the thought of being blackmailed to see the game I want to see.

K-MAC Chuck
12-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
rack up one for the fans. they spoke, and the NFL listened.

I'm guessing the fact that a couple of Senators have gotten involved with the NFL Network may have had something to do with this, too...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=3161969

also..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3155133

JasperDog94
12-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by westcoast54
It's not the NFL's fault that more people can't see their games on their network. Need to talk to some of the cable companies. The NFL wants their network included in a Basic Package. Some cable companies want it in their premium packages only. Seriously though. Who want to pay for that premium channel for the other 7 months of the year when there are no games? I don't blame the cable companies.

Adidas410s
12-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Seriously though. Who want to pay for that premium channel for the other 7 months of the year when there are no games? I don't blame the cable companies.
I enjoy their NFL Draft coverage as well as multiple re-runs of the NFL Combine! :)

Adidas410s
12-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
i guess you can thank the cable companies for this. they won't carry the nfl network on their basic packages. cable companies are stupid.
Why doesn't the NFL Network just put themselves in a similar position to ESPN? Charge the cable companies a few $/month/subscriber and then have the cable guys put a premium on that and pass the cost along to the customers. It works for most every other cable channel...but the NFL thought they could do one better and be treated like ABC, NBC, CBS, or FOX. Then they hired Bryant Gumbel... :(

Long and short, it sounds to me like they'll be scrapping NFL Network in the near future. "Doing this for the fans" sounds like giving a coach a vote of confidence....it means you're on your way out! ;)

X21AAAPlayer
12-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Not sure if this helps anyone but if you have one of the newer model tv's that you can hook up to a laptop, you can go to channelsurfing.net and see the game even if it's only on nfl network. I'm going to have my laptop and flat tv hooked up together saturday night in case all else fails!

crzyjournalist03
12-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Why doesn't the NFL Network just put themselves in a similar position to ESPN? Charge the cable companies a few $/month/subscriber and then have the cable guys put a premium on that and pass the cost along to the customers. It works for most every other cable channel...but the NFL thought they could do one better and be treated like ABC, NBC, CBS, or FOX. Then they hired Bryant Gumbel... :(

Long and short, it sounds to me like they'll be scrapping NFL Network in the near future. "Doing this for the fans" sounds like giving a coach a vote of confidence....it means you're on your way out! ;)

actually, that's exactly what the NFL Network is trying to do. They want to charge a price per subscriber and have cable pass it on to the customers. The cable companies claim that they're already charging the customers premiums for enough stations, so they want to put it on the sports package and charge a little bit more to the people who have the package.

JasperDog94
12-27-2007, 12:08 PM
actually, that's exactly what the NFL Network is trying to do. They want to charge a price per subscriber and have cable pass it on to the customers. The cable companies claim that they're already charging the customers premiums for enough stations, so they want to put it on the sports package and charge a little bit more to the people who have the package. Which makes sense. If (God forbid) I weren't a football fan, I wouldn't want to pay for the NFL network.